You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #4141
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggis View Post
EDIT: Hold on, 'kissing disease' is glandular fever isn't it? That knocked me for six when I was at uni. It was like really bad influenza with a terrible bout of tonsillitis. Glad you aren't feeling anywhere near that bad!!
That's the one that then flares up again and again, right?

Anyway, get well soon Jazzy.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:02 AM   #4142
It's Hard To Be Humble

Staying home from work today. TMI stuff. So tired, I could really use the time off anyway. I wonder if I'll get a call from my boss.

And sorry ladies, but so far, there are no pictures of me wearing shorts. This is actually for the best. There is nothing appealing about seeing full length pictures of me these days. But I appreciate the sentiment.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:54 AM   #4143
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
That's the one that then flares up again and again, right?

Anyway, get well soon Jazzy.
It can do, but so far so good
Old 07-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #4144
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
There is nothing appealing about seeing full length pictures of me these days.
Why don't you let us be the judge of that?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #4145
tsa
Playing character

Hi Blog-san!

Today Maruca and I went to see some of the watermills that are still in the surroundings of Enschede. We went to Haaksbergen, where they have a beautiful watermill that was used to grind corn to make flour. We made some pretty nice pictures, but we had to run to the restaurant opposite the mill when it suddenly started to rain hard. We waited underneath one of the big parasols on the terrace until the rain had gone and the sun was back. After that we went to Hengelo to the mill there.
Tomorrow is the last whole day Maruca is here. Time flies when you're having fun. I hope to see her again soon.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #4146
kamikaze hummingbirds

Listening to unreleased My Bloody Valentine tracks!! Yay!

On an unrelated note, I also found this cool link - http://drownedinsound.com/news/41374...k-with-inbflat

Last edited by Hammerite; 07-19-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #4147
tsa
Playing character

How are you feeling Jazzie? Better? Drowsy from the antibiotics?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:05 AM   #4148
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I'm feeling a bit better, though my neck still hurts a bit. I'm not feeling drowsy from the antibiotics at all - I also don't think it's the type that makes you feel drowsy, as it's one of the penicillin type ones, still partly based on fungus.

The weekend with my Thomas was nice despite the pain in the neck (please forgive the little joke ). On Saturday we went to the Zoo, which was very exhausting, though mostly because I chose the wrong shoes. Still, it was a lot of fun, and Thomas got to see some animals he didn't know before. I sadly had to find they no longer seem to keep any Little Pandas or Sea Dragons in the Frankfurt Zoo, which were two animals I really wanted to show him.

On Sunday we went swimming (yes, definitely not Kissing Disease, I believe. It's called Pfeiffersches Drüsenfieber in German, by the way.), and had a lot of fun. I managed to make a fool of myself by not managing a head jump off the 3 meter board, and instead landing belly first (it luckily didn't really hurt, it was just a general feeling of stressed limbs and body parts). But I laughed about myself, so everything was fine.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #4149
Stalker of Britain

Aww, I'm glad you're feeling better, Jaz! Thomas sounds like a real keeper.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #4150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Aww, I'm glad you're feeling better, Jaz! Thomas sounds like a real keeper.

Well, I still got the thing with the tonsils, but we didn't let that spoil our fun. It is not that bad that I would be bound to my bed by it.

Also, I just learned that the illness I had that got me an unplanned holiday instead of going back to the hospital back after my 14th birthday was kissing disease. So it's really unlikely that I would have it again now.

-

Old 07-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #4151
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Also, I just learned that the illness I had that got me an unplanned holiday instead of going back to the hospital back after my 14th birthday was kissing disease. So it's really unlikely that I would have it again now.
^ I had to read that twice before I understood what you meant . But if you had it now you would probably not have gone swimming because usually when you get an illness for the second time when you are supposed to be immune the symptoms are much worse than the first time.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #4152
kamikaze hummingbirds

Today I returned some old school books to school, and I was amazing to find that I could see my floor.
Amazed to the point that I made a little ambient tune out of laptopifying a sample of myself playing guitar named 'I Can See My Floor'!
http://www.mediafire.com/?t4rjtadyizt
Old 07-21-2009, 05:12 AM   #4153
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I toured the Sydney Opera House today. I need to find something less overtly touristy to do tomorrow, to make up for such a shameful act.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:16 AM   #4154

Instead of sending me the Fullmetal Alchemist Movie Special Edition, Play.com sent me "The Charlie Chan CHANTOLOGY"...and the stupid return item form seems to not like me today.

Don't get me wrong, Play.com is a great shop, and they have been most helpful whenever there was any problem with any of my orders. It's just this temporary problem that makes me all twitchy.

And who the heck is Charlie Chan?

-

Old 07-21-2009, 07:00 AM   #4155
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Instead of sending me the Fullmetal Alchemist Movie Special Edition, Play.com sent me "The Charlie Chan CHANTOLOGY"...and the stupid return item form seems to not like me today.

Don't get me wrong, Play.com is a great shop, and they have been most helpful whenever there was any problem with any of my orders. It's just this temporary problem that makes me all twitchy.

And who the heck is Charlie Chan?

-
He's Jackie Chan's silent brother.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #4156
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
I toured the Sydney Opera House today. I need to find something less overtly touristy to do tomorrow, to make up for such a shameful act.
Shameful? I wish I could see it for real. What's it like inside? Do you have pictures? We have a cool Photo Thread, you know... nudge nudge knowwhatImean?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #4157
tsa
Playing character

Today I put Maria on the train to Schiphol. She had a very nervous trip there because her train was delayed by a defect train further up the track. But eventually she was on time at the airport and in the plane. She is now safely home again. My house is quiet now, which takes a while to get used to. We saw I don't remember how many movies and some interesting places in the surroundings in Enschede. We also went to the zoo with a friend of mine, and made dinner for other friends of mine. We had a good time together. Now it's back to work for both of us!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #4158
Lazy Bee

As I've written on here before all our best friends are getting divorces. (three couples) One of the couples are handling the divorce smoothly and they are both very considerate. But the other two couples are going through nightmares.
Yesterday one of my friends came to see us unexpectedly. She felt obliged to flee the house for a while since the discussions were going way over the top. We ended up sitting half the night talking.
Tonight the same thing happened with my other friend. (although this time we were at a friend's house) She came over totally devastated over the way her ex. husband treats her.
I never knew life could turn out this complicated. People I've known for 20 years are suddenly behaving so weird and selfish. It's depressing.

end of rant

Old 07-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #4159
Stalker of Britain

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that, Jelena. *hugs*

Well, one of my friends was making a video for her friend, and I got to be in it. It by no means is professional, but it was so well done, and it was AMAZING!! I'm so excited right now!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #4160
tsa
Playing character

Poor Jelena. It must be very hard for you to see them like this. (((Jelena))). I rented a room once that was above the quarters of the landlord and -lady. They were also going through the fighting phase before a divorce, and they made huge issues of the pettiest of things, like the radio in 'our' kitchen, and 'our' set of pans. They both disappeared suddenly, taken by one of the two fighting people downstairs.