You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #4161
The Major Grubert.

Jelena, been there, and I can commiserate. All I can say is that while it's tough on you, there's a good chance that your friends will one day be very grateful for you being there in their time of need. Give them as much strength as you can, in whatever way you deem appropriate.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:22 AM   #4162
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Shameful? I wish I could see it for real. What's it like inside? Do you have pictures? We have a cool Photo Thread, you know... nudge nudge knowwhatImean?
The friend I'm staying with has a very slow internet connection. I'll put up some photos of the bits I was allowed to use a camera in when I get home at the beginning of next month. If someone reminds me.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #4163
tsa
Playing character

Boy did we have a great thunderstorm just a few minutes ago! Beautifully illuminated clouds float past now, making room for the light of the setting sun. Cool view!
Old 07-25-2009, 06:21 AM   #4164
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Boy did we have a great thunderstorm just a few minutes ago! Beautifully illuminated clouds float past now, making room for the light of the setting sun. Cool view!
I love a good thunderstorm and the ensuing calm.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #4165
tsa
Playing character

Dear Blogsie,

Yesterday I thought I'd look up some Motown music on the Motown website. In the words of Olivia in Dreamfall: "Never again!" That was the worst experience of last week by far. Look here to see what I mean. And make sure you click through to the actual website because the horror goes on and on...
Old 07-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #4166
merely human

Click image for a panoramic video take with my iPhone (those are my nieces giggling).

Dear Blog Thingy,

I've been back from the weeklong in San Francisco since Thursday. Did the AIDS Walk there (6.2 miles, raised good money), hung out with my good friends, went wine tasting in Sonoma ( Ledson f00kin PWNS!!!!!!), saw the coast (above), made some new friends, went clubbing, ate at posh places like a whore, got my bald head rubbed twice by a beautiful blonde man at one club, walked everywhere til my legs nearly fell off, and lived and experienced life untethered by the constant neurotic clinging of Nanay, whom I love dearly but I so f00kin needed this damn vacation and no, I don't feel guilty over it, dammit!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-26-2009, 06:47 PM   #4167
tsa
Playing character

It's good to have you back Trepsie. It's nice to hear your voice on those videos!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #4168
The Major Grubert.

The Northern California coast is magical indeed.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #4169
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post

Click image for a panoramic video take with my iPhone (those are my nieces giggling).

Dear Blog Thingy,

I've been back from the weeklong in San Francisco since Thursday. Did the AIDS Walk there (6.2 miles, raised good money), hung out with my good friends, went wine tasting in Sonoma ( Ledson f00kin PWNS!!!!!!), saw the coast (above), made some new friends, went clubbing, ate at posh places like a whore, got my bald head rubbed twice by a beautiful blonde man at one club, walked everywhere til my legs nearly fell off, and lived and experienced life untethered by the constant neurotic clinging of Nanay, whom I love dearly but I so f00kin needed this damn vacation and no, I don't feel guilty over it, dammit!!!
Good to have you back Trepsie and I am very glad you had a blast in our good ole bay area. This area is definitely very beautiful, and one of the best in the US. You got dreamy San Francisco, the multi-ethnic food, the beautiful Sonoma and Napa wineries, and some of the most diverse and open-minded individuals in all of the US. Too bad the rent and house prices are too expensive though

Firefox rules
Old 07-27-2009, 06:46 AM   #4170
Second Degree Black Belt

Dear Blog...... It has been a crazy time.... Matt the girls and I came down to Jacksonville Fl, to see some friends. On Friday morning I thought all was well, we left early so that we could make it to Ripley's Believe or Not in St. Augustine, Florida. This was a family vacation right before I go back to work (today). So about 20 mile from where we were supposed to me my car started over heating...... so we pulled off and stopped at a Mc Donalds so Matt could look at everything. So Matt had to take it to a auto store and they said that the tep gage was broken, so they fixed it and drove it and it still over heated. Then they told him that it was a blown head gasket and it was going to cost $1300 to fix it. Log store short the car is now at the VW dealer.... and we are waiting to hear from the dealership to find out how much our family vacation is going to cost.

We came on Friday and we might be stuck until Wednesday but not sure at this time

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 07-27-2009, 07:44 AM   #4171
Lazy Bee

Ouch Bullsie! That's just such bad luck.
Cars = expenses.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #4172
the midnight rambler

Oh dear, what car is it? I'll be sure to kick any I see.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #4173
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Ouch Bullsie! That's just such bad luck.
Cars = expenses.
oh yes.... turns out to be a busted water pump and I need some new belts.... $897 worth of repairs

Old 07-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #4174
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggis View Post
Oh dear, what car is it? I'll be sure to kick any I see.

hahaha.... that almost make me feel better.... it is a VW Jetta 2001

Old 07-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #4175
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Well, so much for German engineering.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #4176
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

(((((bulldog and her family)))))

Oh, that's really rough... Hurray for Family Fun Trips™! We haven't gone on our FFT yet (Toronto is still Garbage Mountain City right now, but hopefully the strike will end this week. ) Travelling with a cranky old man is bad enough, but if we had car trouble too, my family would never hear the end of it from dear old dad.

Today was the first day for our department in the new building at the university. Packing up all of our stuff into boxes and bins last week was NOT fun, to say the least. But now I have a nice new space, new phone and new cabinets (one wonky door, though)! Everything is already unpacked and my PC is ready to go... except for the crucial internet connection. (Yay, short day.) I'm still hoping my contract will be renewed for at least one more term so I can enjoy the new digs.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #4177
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
Well, so much for German engineering.

Oh, I don't know. All the taxis in Shanghai seem to have been running pretty well all these years...

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #4178
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsie View Post
Dear Blog...... It has been a crazy time.... Matt the girls and I came down to Jacksonville Fl, to see some friends. On Friday morning I thought all was well, we left early so that we could make it to Ripley's Believe or Not in St. Augustine, Florida. This was a family vacation right before I go back to work (today). So about 20 mile from where we were supposed to me my car started over heating...... so we pulled off and stopped at a Mc Donalds so Matt could look at everything. So Matt had to take it to a auto store and they said that the tep gage was broken, so they fixed it and drove it and it still over heated. Then they told him that it was a blown head gasket and it was going to cost $1300 to fix it. Log store short the car is now at the VW dealer.... and we are waiting to hear from the dealership to find out how much our family vacation is going to cost.

We came on Friday and we might be stuck until Wednesday but not sure at this time
Aw balls, bullsie! I'm sorry. Did you at least go and rent a car to resume your holiday? I would've done that.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #4179
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Aw balls, bullsie! I'm sorry. Did you at least go and rent a car to resume your holiday? I would've done that.
Oh yes.... but only after I was stuck with two cranky kids at an outside ONLY playground at McDonalds for 6 hours in 98 degree heat......

If I ever see an outside McDonald playground again .... I will have to shoot someone

Old 07-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #4180
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsie View Post
Oh yes.... but only after I was stuck with two cranky kids at an outside ONLY playground at McDonalds for 6 hours in 98 degree heat......
Eiw. Cranky kids are Satan. But with huge heads and bodies shaped like kidney beans. Too bad you didn't have a squirt gun on you to defend yourself against them.

Quote:
If I ever see an outside McDonald playground again .... I will have to shoot someone
Use a marshmallow shooting gun.