You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #3141
Stalker of Britain

haha You guys.

Well, since I haven't gotten many responses, but I have got a few, I'm pretty sure I'll do "The Lost Crown", or many "The Longest Journey". But I'm leaning towards the first.

Wow, the blog has all but died. Was it me talking about adventures? lol
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #3142
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Like, with additional conversation branches and perhaps voice acting?

I'll think about it.
I was just thinking about fixing the fuzziness (since I remember at least one person commented on it) but if you want me to voice myself I'd give it a go.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 02-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #3143
Stalker of Britain

Can somebody give me a bit of help? I got the Game Cam application to take videos/sounds from games. I'm supposed to be able to get the options in game by using the F1 key, but those keys have never helped for me. It was supposed to bring me from 1st person to 3rd person in Uru, but it didn't. Is there some place to assign the function keys, or am I doing something wrong?!?!
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #3144
tsa
Playing character

Are you on a laptop? Try Fn-F1. Sometimes the F-keys are assigned functions that have to do with the laptop, and you can access the software functions using Fn.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #3145
Stalker of Britain

Thanks tsa dear. No, I'm not on a laptop. Sorry to sound stupid, but where's fn?!

And what do you think of the games I suggested for me to elad a community playthrough?
Old 02-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #3146
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Wow, the blog has all but died. Was it me talking about adventures?
Aw, don't cry! I'll fix it!

Dear Diary,

Why do I find people so irritating? No matter how friendly I try to be, I find myself completely unable to connect with anyone new I meet these days. Do these things take time? Am I looking in the wrong places? Am I simply so out of touch with reality that no one can relate to me anymore? What does it all mean?

Sincerely yours,
Squankypants.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:45 AM   #3147
Creepy Father Figure

Dear Squinky,
Do you find yourself looking for the faults in people before you start to see there better attributes? Just a question Kiddo.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:29 AM   #3148
Stalker of Britain

Aww, thanks Squinky dear.

Really? Do you find me irritating? Because we just met. Maybe it's just a mood you're in. Or maybe you're meeting really irritating people. lol

I'm sorry I can't help you more.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #3149
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Do you find yourself looking for the faults in people before you start to see there better attributes?
Sometimes. I don't always like that aspect of myself. I guess it's a defence mechanism of sorts, which can serve me well in some cases but not in others. Then again, sometimes, if I spend enough time around people who initially bother me, I find that their faults become a bit less annoying after awhile. Other times, they just keep annoying me until one day, I explode at them. *shrugs*

Quote:
Really? Do you find me irritating? Because we just met.
You seem nice enough, though I don't really know you all that well. Admittedly, though, from what I do know, you remind me a little bit of myself when I was your age, which wasn't too long ago. Nevertheless, people tend to change a lot from their late teens to early twenties... I did, at least. And there are a lot of things I thought and did back then that kind of make me cringe now. I dunno.

Anyway, don't worry about it too much. I wasn't thinking of you in particular when I wrote that, so much as I was thinking of people I've been meeting in person lately.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #3150
Stalker of Britain

Oh, okay. Thanks Squinky. Yeah, I know we don't know each other hardly at all, but I like to think of you as one of my good friends from on this forum. You guys mean a lot to me, really. Aww, I remind you for you? Is that a good thing...?

Well, I'm sick with a sore throat from my boyfriend. It's kind of miserable, but I'm cheerful right now. When not hanging with my friends who are trying to make me feel better, especially my boyfriend lol, I'm gonna lose myself in playing the game for the playthrough.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #3151
tsa
Playing character

Aaaargh! I am SO stupid! I left my bag with my expensive camera in the train this evening. Oh, I'm so mad at myself! Excuse me while I go and bang my new pan on my head.
Me

Old 02-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #3152
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Aww, I remind you for you? Is that a good thing...?
Depends how much you like me, I guess. Which in my case is sometimes.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #3153
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Aaaargh! I am SO stupid! I left my bag with my expensive camera in the train this evening. Oh, I'm so mad at myself! Excuse me while I go and bang my new pan on my head.
Me

Aw. Did you give them a call? Do you have your name on there somewhere? You never know if someone honest will find it and return it to you (or to the station).

Good luck.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #3154
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Dear Diary,

Why do I find people so irritating? No matter how friendly I try to be, I find myself completely unable to connect with anyone new I meet these days. Do these things take time? Am I looking in the wrong places? Am I simply so out of touch with reality that no one can relate to me anymore? What does it all mean?

Sincerely yours,
Squankypants.
Some people are just compatible with each other, and others just aren't. If you think a relationship with these people is something you'd value, then by all means go for it. But if you feel like you're not going anywhere with them, then stop. The more you push yourself to be friends with people you're incompatible with, the more frustrated and confused you'll get. So don't. Which is no reason to not start off on the right foot- it might take a little bit to figure out if there's any "friendship potential" there or not.

So, my answer is "You're looking in the wrong places." Don't be angry at yourself, and don't be angry at anyone else. People just are who they are, and despite what you may have seen on TV not everyone should be friends with everyone.

Actually, just today I was having a conversation with someone who's a really nice guy. He kept getting annoyed at me for asserting my opinions too strongly, so I switched topics, showed more stubborn curiosity than he apparently wanted me to show about that topic, and he called me a "jerk". Which threw me off guard, because I thought there was potential there for a pleasant conversation. But there really wasn't any common ground. The way I have conversations isn't often compatible with how other people have conversations. (I tend to find the usual chitchat extremely dull.)

Edit: Just so you know, I do have friends. There are rare people who I very much enjoy spending time with, where we can think on similar wavelengths. In my case that's people with very specific interests. People who feel very strongly toward anything are people I've got a common language with.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:12 PM   #3155
Stalker of Britain

Awww, tsa, I'm sorry. Call them up.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #3156
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Sometimes. I don't always like that aspect of myself. I guess it's a defence mechanism of sorts, which can serve me well in some cases but not in others. Then again, sometimes, if I spend enough time around people who initially bother me, I find that their faults become a bit less annoying after awhile. Other times, they just keep annoying me until one day, I explode at them. *shrugs*.
You're still one of my favorite tuba players.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #3157
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Aw. Did you give them a call? Do you have your name on there somewhere? You never know if someone honest will find it and return it to you (or to the station).

Good luck.
Quote:
Awww, tsa, I'm sorry. Call them up.
I filled in a form, in meatspace as well as online, and now I have to wait three weeks. But I will check at the station tomorrow afternoon too, to see if the bag was found.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #3158
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Actually, just today I was having a conversation with someone who's a really nice guy. He kept getting annoyed at me for asserting my opinions too strongly, so I switched topics, showed more stubborn curiosity than he apparently wanted me to show about that topic, and he called me a "jerk". Which threw me off guard, because I thought there was potential there for a pleasant conversation. But there really wasn't any common ground. The way I have conversations isn't often compatible with how other people have conversations. (I tend to find the usual chitchat extremely dull.)
Man, it would be so much easier if people actually called me a jerk, or showed some other obvious sign of dislike. As it stands, people are either friendly or indifferent towards me. The trouble is basically that I can't really feel much of a connection, because like you, I can't stand small talk. In fact, I tend to be pretty quiet until a topic comes up that I know something about and/or feel passionate towards, so if folks around me go on and on talking about something I'm not terribly interested in, they pretty much see silence on my end. There's nothing for them to really get angry about.

That, and Canadians are, by and large, very polite and friendly, which can be nice to a point, but also tends to make me suspicious of people not telling me how they really feel. For this reason, it was somewhat refreshing to live in the States for a little while because people there seemed a bit more outspoken about their opinions, so I felt more like I knew what I was getting. And from what little I've gathered about Israeli culture from travelling there a couple of times, people around your part of the world are also pretty upfront about what annoys them. Ah well, such is life. *sigh*
Old 02-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #3159
tsa
Playing character

Maybe you should move to the Netherlands. We usually say what we think here. This gave us the offcial title "rudest people in the world."
Old 02-12-2009, 02:09 AM   #3160
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
And from what little I've gathered about Israeli culture from travelling there a couple of times, people around your part of the world are also pretty upfront about what annoys them.
Yes, that's very true. We're not the most tactful or polite of people, and I guess that has worked out to my advantage. But I do know what it's like to run into situations you're not allowed to understand, and that's always extremely frustrating. If there's no clear feedback to what I do, it gives the impression that what I've been doing was meaningless. And if I'm not criticized when I think I should be, I start wondering whether everything I'd been doing really ought to have been criticized. Because there's just no way to know. I got into similar ideas in an interactive blog post which you might have already read ( The Nightmare Scenario).

Edit: Tell me, Squinky, don't you work with people who make games? I'd assume they'd be more likely to share common ground with you. Or is all that done over the internet?