You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gray matter: official site / hype / marketing and publishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 04:10 AM   #541

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

They are animated.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 04-29-2010, 04:18 AM   #542

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
They are animated.
Is that so? Fantastic if true. You'd think the marketing department would have released some videos to show off the visual style by now...
Old 04-29-2010, 06:35 AM   #543
Senior *female* member

Dtp's marketing sucks. They used to have a good marketing guy. Now Daedalic has a good marketing guy.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #544

Is there a real release date as of now? Or any actual ingame footage anywhere on the web?

I ask because I just went to their website and everything seems rather vague. I then googled the game and most everything on it seems to be from back in 2009. Ah wait a min. Just found this. So now apparently, it's not coming out until Q4.

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/04/gray-mat...360-in-q4-2010

The game does look interesting, I have to admit.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #545
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaid View Post
Except anyone who owns a console most probably owns a PC that can run adventure games "the way they're meant to be played" anyway - if he isn't interested in adventure games to begin with, putting Gray Matter on the console won't magically make him want to buy it...
If you have statistical evidence showing that I'd love to see it. Many gamers who choose consoles sometimes don't use PCs to game on for one reason or another. I stopped using my laptop for it years ago and have since switched to consoles (own all 3 of them).

Quote:
It might help with publicity somewhat, however.
Like I stated, offering some adventure games on the console can only make them more accessible to many more people may otherwise not know of the games or for some reason can't play them on PCs.

Why be cynical? Consoles, as well as mobile platforms like the DS and iPhone, simply expose the adventure game to more people who might like it. And isn't that what you would want to happen to your favourite genre?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaid View Post
Except anyone who owns a console most probably owns a PC that can run adventure games "the way they're meant to be played" anyway - if he isn't interested in adventure games to begin with, putting Gray Matter on the console won't magically make him want to buy it...
Erm... what? Intrepid's got you here. That's a terrible argument to make. Plenty of people will buy only for XBLA/Xbox or PSN/PS3 before they get anything on PC, whether they have a PC or not. There are huge sales made here. It's going to get the attention of a lot of people this way that would otherwise completely ignore it. It's a very necessary move imo...

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 04-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #547
Codger

As much as I look forward to the release, I will not buy a console if that is what is required to play the game. Everything seems to be moving to console, and that is a move I'm not making. If not PC, not a sale.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #548

I'm most definately going to get the PC version, but I agree with the others. A multi-platform release can only be a good thing. (Assuming the controls and implementation are optimized. There's no real reason for any version to be superior if enough care is given to the ports.) I personally would love to see an iPad version eventually.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
As much as I look forward to the release, I will not buy a console if that is what is required to play the game. Everything seems to be moving to console, and that is a move I'm not making. If not PC, not a sale.
I'm pretty sure there was a clear pic of a pc box there too though. No need to for concern

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 04-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #550

I think it was a given that this game was being developed for PC all along, and the Xbox news is just additional. A wise move, if you ask me. Buy both!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmajik View Post
I think it was a given that this game was being developed for PC all along, and the Xbox news is just additional. A wise move, if you ask me. Buy both!
Actually, I'm planning to buy both versions. I've waited for this game so long and I hope that I don't have to wait another ten years for next Jane Jensen game. I really want to support this game (and increase chances for a sequel), so I preordered Xbox 360 version and I'll buy a digital download of PC version at some point after the release.

Last edited by teme; 04-29-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:23 AM   #552
Life and times of...

OK - full size cover art, even worse. I don't know who chooses these things, but who in their right mind would ever make that as the cover? Then again, we've seen that with especially many fantasy books too...

Still, I hope they get the message.

Anyways, a couple of clearly computer-generated spots on the screenshots take away from the feeling (like much of the kitchen and some parts of the bathroom, but the rest are absolutely gorgeous. I hope everyone would hand-draw their backgrounds (if you know what I mean, I'm not in the delusion that they're hand-made and then scanned or something like that, but... you know).

Oh, the wait...
Old 04-30-2010, 01:43 AM   #553

Ha, I almost didn't want to say anything about the cover, but I agree it looks terrible. Looks like some kind of new card game instead of an adventure, with a cosplaying blackjack dealer in the lead.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 AM   #554

It does say "work in progress" on the cover.....................

Old 04-30-2010, 06:42 AM   #555
Hopeful skeptic

Never mind those piddly website pics. At long last, feast your eyes on a whopping 35 new hi-res screenshots in our Gray Matter gallery:

Click here to drool.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, here's a (hugely reduced) sneak peek just to get you started.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #556

Thank you so much! It looks so good!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:45 AM   #557

Omg..................
Old 04-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #558

Yes! Brilliant, even! At long last, some images that look like actual in-game screenshots! With gameplay elements, inventory objects, menus and interface! Double nice!

Everything looks outstanding. My interest in this game, already in the red, has now gone up even further.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #559

It's so close I can TASTE IT.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #560

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Beware spoilers in some pictures, though, especially David's ones.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box