You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New So Blonde Screenshots...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 04:18 AM   #41
The Solomon of Sarcasm

Quote:
(Well, Martin Ganteföhr from House of Tales does it quite often too. Mostly in German forums though, but also here.)
When I said I disliked Moment of Silence's gameplay and that it deserved a relatively low review score, he told me that maybe I should just never play another House of Tales game again. Guy didn't seem to take criticism too well. Hell of it was, I didn't know he was the developer when I made the comment.

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 07-07-2007, 05:03 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemelChevolek
Guy didn't seem to take criticism too well.
Yeah, sorry for that. Guy can be a little grumpy at times. It's one of his VERY FEW and MINOR character faults.

edit: Hijacked the thread, sorry, Steve! Back to So Blonde!
Old 07-07-2007, 07:37 AM   #43
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince View Post
Prince? It's not Prince.
Who's it supposed to be then? I know the picture on the second game is Tezcatlipoca, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterLoo View Post
I just meant that it doesn't tell much about the game(except that it should involve a sword which somehow gets broken or is broken already). I remember I kept looking for a sword while playing Broken Sword 1 for the first time, and I was a little disappointed when I had finished the game and still hadn't seen a sword.
The Sword of Baphomet IS the 'Broken Sword'. Surely you must've seen it at the end? The sword was reforged so therefore it must've been bust.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-07-2007, 08:08 AM   #44
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGH View Post
Hey Steve, I just wanted to say that it's really cool that you hang aroung here so much. It shows us that you really seem to be involved a lot in this game (and are not just selling "your good name"). You seem pretty interested to read our first thoughts and discussions. And for us, it is a great chance to hear the thoughts and reactions of the designer himself. Not too many developers do that. (Well, Martin Ganteföhr from House of Tales does it quite often too. Mostly in German forums though, but also here.)
Thanks, that's kind of you to say. I like to be as involved as possible. I'm pretty pleased with what I've done, so it's quite gratifying to see that there are good initial responses. Press coverage have been very positive so far, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Gantefoehr View Post
edit: Hijacked the thread, sorry, Steve! Back to So Blonde!
That's okay, Martin. YOu can buy me that beer at this year's GC. Yes, I'm actually going at last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Who's it supposed to be then? I know the picture on the second game is Tezcatlipoca, but...
The image on the BS1 cover was some stock photo the design company came up with to make it look spooky and mysterious.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #45

Quote:
The image on the BS1 cover was some stock photo the design company came up with to make it look spooky and mysterious.
Haha, brilliant!
Old 07-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #46
The Solomon of Sarcasm

Quote:
Yeah, sorry for that. Guy can be a little grumpy at times. It's one of his VERY FEW and MINOR character faults.
Haha, no problem. I still thought it had one of the best stories and central characters I'd ever experienced in an adventure game. My gripe was that I thought it would've made a better book or movie, but the things it did well, it did very well. I'm looking forward to Overclocked

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 07-14-2007, 03:31 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBoyinPERIL View Post
As they say in Scotland - this game looks mental!
lol man, we say "mental" all over Britain.

This game looks good, but the plot looks stale and cheesy.

Why make a game staring a dumb blonde rather than a detective noir or a horror or a globe trotting BS-style adventure? Why waste all that art on such a lame story.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #48
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yixian View Post
This game looks good, but the plot looks stale and cheesy.

Why make a game staring a dumb blonde rather than a detective noir or a horror or a globe trotting BS-style adventure? Why waste all that art on such a lame story.
Okay, I've resisted all afternoon and now I'm going to post. It's a good job that I didn't post when I first saw this or Martin's words would have seemed the very essence of sweetness and light.

Firstly, I don't think there is any such thing as a lame story. Stories are pretty basic when you boil them down (e.g. American tourist uncovers a sinister plot by neo-Templars to gain an ancient power and with the aid of a beautiful French companion stops them.) The quality of the story is in the telling - the drama, intrigue, humour, human relationships, plot twists, etc.

Secondly, I had great fun working on the title. If there is any better reason to do something, please tell me. Wizarbox have done a great job, the publisher loves it and the press response has been great so far. What a waste, eh?

Old 07-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yixian View Post
Why make a game staring a dumb blonde rather than a detective noir or a horror or a globe trotting BS-style adventure?
Not everyone likes horror or (the darker side of) noir. - But you know, many horrors and noir detective stories 'star' dumb blonds either as famme fatale, or as an innocent victim.

Sure, there are things in the So Blonde story that I'm still very much in doubt about. Most notably, the famous 'time travel paradox': time travel is cool, but it's also generally a sign of lack of (the writer's) imagination. There are however some very good exceptions.

But to be honnest, what I kinda like most about the story is the typical rich blond girl that we rob of everything that she values. And I honestly believe that the cultural contrast/clash is bigger - and potentially more funny - with such a protagonist than with some heroic sports jock or even some nerd or another. Which Robinson Crusoe scenario do you think sounds more interesting: a nerd trying to create a computer from objects found scattered around the deserted island, or a cheerleader who wants to make a make-up kit from coconuts? - Personally I prefer the latter.

But pirates? - That's so 1670! - Eeeew, that parrot does so not match that blouse. What you all need is a makeover. And that hair on your back? - We'll just have to wax that now don't we?

No, I still have some doubts, but I'm definitely intrigued.

Misj'
Old 07-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #50
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Looks good, sounds fun, and written by a pro. What more could you ask for? I'll say it again... CAN'T WAIT!!! WOO!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:52 AM   #51
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

OMG New So Blonde screenshots. I've died and gone to adventure game heaven. I cannot WAIT for this game. Looks like a real return to the classic point and click fun! HAND DRAWN 2D!

I LOVE this shot:

Old 08-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #52
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Wooohooo!!

BongoKombat!

BAaaAAng! BoooOOng! BuuUUUung!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #53

This is a Nintendo Game & Watch reference, right? It seems really cool (especially since I liked Game & Watch very much when I was little), but between this, the drum-playing scene and the armwrestling, I'm starting to get a little worried of too many mini-games...
It's going to be inventory puzzles mostly, right?
Old 08-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #54
Puts the 'e' in Mark

I saw this minigame at Games Convention, and yeah it's definitely Game & Watch inspired.

Most of what Steve showed me in his demo were inventory puzzles. Nothing to me indicated an unusual focus on minigames, but Steve is of course the better person to talk about that.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #55
Adventure-Corner.de Staff

I've seen a minigame during the game's presentation at dtp...
Well, how shall I put it? I hope there won't be too many of them in the final release.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:51 PM   #56

wonder what the system requirements will be.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #57
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
I saw this minigame at Games Convention, and yeah it's definitely Game & Watch inspired.

Most of what Steve showed me in his demo were inventory puzzles. Nothing to me indicated an unusual focus on minigames, but Steve is of course the better person to talk about that.
That was you?

The mini games are very short and very varied, but only take up a few percent of the total gameplay time.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:46 AM   #58
Adventure-Corner.de Staff

Quote:
That was you?

The mini games are very short and very varied, but only take up a few percent of the total gameplay time.
Well, in that case, I'm looking forward to playing it

And next time you team up with Tony Warriner and Charles Cecil again?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 AM   #59
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malko View Post
And next time you team up with Tony Warriner and Charles Cecil again?
What next time? And who are they?

Old 01-20-2008, 02:53 AM   #60

Quote:
The scary thing is, if I grow a tash and get the light in the right angle, I look a lot like that bloke :O

QUESTION: I just watched the german trailer and saw characters are now fully 3D in some clips, yet the screenshots section shows character in 2D.

Have characters jumpted from 2D - 3D recently?

P.S. sorry if this has been answered already. I did skim through the pages but didn't see anything.