You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New So Blonde Screenshots...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 06:46 AM   #1
By Jove I've got it!

Default New So Blonde Screenshots...

WOW! I have to say personally - I love them AND cannot wait for this game. As they say in Scotland - this game looks mental!

You can also find me on Bebo: http://synissweet.bebo.com

Happy gaming!
Old 06-30-2007, 07:32 AM   #2
Retired Buccaneer

The one screenshot with dialogue in it makes me rather worried. Somebody get these developers a proofreader!

Of course, it's probably a result of the fact that virtually the only companies willing to publish adventures these days are in Germany...
Old 06-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
Adventure-Treff.de Staff

Send a message via ICQ to basti007 Send a message via AIM to basti007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMachine View Post
Of course, it's probably a result of the fact that virtually the only companies willing to publish adventures these days are in Germany...
Well, the game is produced in France and the dialogues are written by a britain guy. The Germans are just the ones offering their money. :-)
Old 06-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #4
Writer-Designer

But it's important money, Basti.

Great meeting you and Marco the other night, by the way.

Quote:
The one screenshot with dialogue in it makes me rather worried. Somebody get these developers a proofreader!
There's something wrong with it?

Don't worry, it's just a sign that we've still a bit of polishing to do. I'm in the process of finishing the dialogue at the moment.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #5

Looks great. Reminds me of Runaway.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #6
I changed my title

Quote:
How can anything be wrong with references to "The Mysterious Cities of Gold"?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #7
Adventure-Treff.de Staff

Send a message via ICQ to basti007 Send a message via AIM to basti007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince View Post
But it's important money, Basti.
You're so right there and now i'm even just a tiny bit proud to live in that country that hasn't done things for the gaming business for such a long time. ;-) If Germany's gaming business' duty lies in buying former Sierra, LucasArts and Revolution Software members thats perfect with me. :-)

Quote:
Great meeting you and Marco the other night, by the way.
The pleasure was on our side. It was great atmosphere and cool idea by dtp to meet in Munich with a fresh beer.

Quote:
Don't worry, it's just a sign that we've still a bit of polishing to do. I'm in the process of finishing the dialogue at the moment.
I have no doubt it'll rock at the end. Both Marco and me were really impressed by how ready this product already looks like. I wouldn't wonder if the game can match the announced november release date without delay - and it's rare that i say this. :-)

Boy, finally got the registration at AG done (since beeing a silent reader for a long time).
Old 06-30-2007, 02:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by basti@adventure-treff View Post
a britain guy.
We prefer the term "Gods amongst men".
Old 06-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #9
Hopeful skeptic

Glad you finally joined, Basti.

I thought the dialogue was fine. I just figured it had been translated into blonde.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:06 PM   #10

The Game & Watch screen made me chuckle.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:46 PM   #11
Writer-Designer

Quote:
I have no doubt it'll rock at the end. Both Marco and me were really impressed by how ready this product already looks like. I wouldn't wonder if the game can match the announced november release date without delay - and it's rare that i say this. :-)
I'm sure there will be no problem meeting that date. Wizarbox are such a great team and they've been hitting all of their milestones.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:08 AM   #12

Looks awsome! Just point to me to the pre-order button and I am so there.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:27 AM   #13

If I compare So blonde's screens to the Sherlock holmes' ones next to it I stop wondering why I generally like 2D games more than 3D!
However, Bone, new Sam&Max and–most importantly–Ankh make me hold on to my hope that someday we'll have a 3D adventure game looking as good as So Blonde (and other great looking 2D games). Great work guys!!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 07:29 AM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to daphne

The game does look absolutely so cool so far! I did have a question for Steve. Will it be possible to die or get game overs in this game? I've always had a dark sense of humor for the Sierra style fatalities so I was curious if somebody was finally gonna fill that gap again I understand if it's still too early in development to answer, but I was just curious. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:04 AM   #15
Writer-Designer

Yes, we throw in a random death every 27 minutes of play.

Only kidding.

There are ways to fail temporarily, but no deaths that mean you have to return to the save game you made an hour earlier.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:07 AM   #16
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince View Post
Yes, we throw in a random death every 27 minutes of play.

Only kidding.

There are ways to fail temporarily, but no deaths that mean you have to return to the save game you made an hour earlier.
I don't mind having a death in an AG as long as it pops you back to where you were right before it (and there isn't too long of a cutscene sequence to look at until you get to try again. But that is probably different for everyone).
Old 07-03-2007, 10:14 AM   #17
Writer-Designer

I can assure you there won't be too long a cutscene.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #18
Fulci lives

Quote:
You're so right there and now i'm even just a tiny bit proud to live in that country that hasn't done things for the gaming business for such a long time. ;-) If Germany's gaming business' duty lies in buying former Sierra, LucasArts and Revolution Software members thats perfect with me. :-)
You work for Adventure Treff? Thats a great website, i visit it regularly, and i dont even speak german.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shany View Post
How can anything be wrong with references to "The Mysterious Cities of Gold"?
The cartoon? Ah, the memories.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #19
The Solomon of Sarcasm

Game looks great, only thing that bothers me is the title. If I didn't know anything about the game, I probably wouldn't even give the game a second look in the store with a title like "So Blonde." Still, I do know things about it, so that won't be a problem for me. I wonder about the general public, though.

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 07-03-2007, 01:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemelChelovek View Post
Game looks great, only thing that bothers me is the title. If I didn't know anything about the game, I probably wouldn't even give the game a second look in the store with a title like "So Blonde." Still, I do know things about it, so that won't be a problem for me. I wonder about the general public, though.
Yeah, the title is a bit of a tired old cliché. It's also painfully close to the ha-ha-hilarious 'Legally Blonde' - although my un-cynical side is sure the similarity is purely superficial.

Anyway, the title's immediately going to be alienating a portion of the audience, regardless. It's like if I made an educational game for pre-schoolers, but called it Death-Hell-Ultra-Gore; I'm going to be fighting against the customer's initial assumptions, no matter how different the actual content is.

But yes, the pigmentation of hair is directly linked to intellectual prowess.