View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #49
Misj'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yixian View Post
Why make a game staring a dumb blonde rather than a detective noir or a horror or a globe trotting BS-style adventure?
Not everyone likes horror or (the darker side of) noir. - But you know, many horrors and noir detective stories 'star' dumb blonds either as famme fatale, or as an innocent victim.

Sure, there are things in the So Blonde story that I'm still very much in doubt about. Most notably, the famous 'time travel paradox': time travel is cool, but it's also generally a sign of lack of (the writer's) imagination. There are however some very good exceptions.

But to be honnest, what I kinda like most about the story is the typical rich blond girl that we rob of everything that she values. And I honestly believe that the cultural contrast/clash is bigger - and potentially more funny - with such a protagonist than with some heroic sports jock or even some nerd or another. Which Robinson Crusoe scenario do you think sounds more interesting: a nerd trying to create a computer from objects found scattered around the deserted island, or a cheerleader who wants to make a make-up kit from coconuts? - Personally I prefer the latter.

But pirates? - That's so 1670! - Eeeew, that parrot does so not match that blouse. What you all need is a makeover. And that hair on your back? - We'll just have to wax that now don't we?

No, I still have some doubts, but I'm definitely intrigued.

Misj'