You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop Culpa Innata Install Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #21

Got the email. And redownloaded setup file which was actually corrupted. All this trouble for small corrupted executable...
Old 03-13-2009, 05:23 AM   #22
Adventure Shop

Finally !!!

I hope that all of you will have a lot of fun.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:30 AM   #23
Caffein Queen

Damon - there's a few over at gameboomers, that suffers from the same problem.
I told them to download from within their account.

Also, did you send out new emails with updated links?
If you did, I never got mine

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 03-13-2009, 06:25 AM   #24
Adventure Shop

I did.

Why don't you post the links here and on GB. I don't have those links with me.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:41 AM   #25
Caffein Queen

Ok Damon, they are posted at GB - only, won't this count down in my max 6 downloads?

Old 03-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #26
Adventure Shop

Set to unlimited.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:43 AM   #27

Default More download problems

I purchased this game a few days ago and downloaded the files. Should have realised something was wrong as my download manager (DAP) reported the download size as being xxxMb but the actual download is not the same size. This only applies to Setup2.bin.

I was caught out by the corrupted file issue but after another download the install failed half way through. I requested the files on cd or a refund. I received a refund. I also asked what the actual file sizes shouuld be but had no response.

Out of interest I carried on downloading Setup2 and eventually ended up with two Setup2.bin files the same size but still not the same as DAP was telling me. I also used a straight "save as" through firefox.

Eventually I did manage to get a full install but there was a glitch during the "cutscenes" part of the install. I selected "ignore" and it installed ok.

Naturally my access code no longer works so I asked if they would supply another so I could prove the installation had worked. Unfortunately they refused and suggested I purchase the game again. Catch 22.

So my questions are:

Can someone who has sucessfully downloaded the files tell me the actual files sizes ?.

Would you be willing to put these on a DVD and post to me ?.

Many thanks in advance.

Pat
Old 03-17-2009, 05:19 AM   #28
Adventure Shop

Hello Dongle,

Why would you like to get Culpa Innata files on a DVD while you have been refunded upon your request?

Upon your request, once refunded your key has been burned.

Would you like to buy a new copy?
In that wase you should not worry about to download the game again as we solve this issue with setup file n°2.

Damon
Old 03-18-2009, 04:00 AM   #29

It wouild help if you actually read my post. I think I have described the situation adequately.

However just in case I was not clear:

As far as I am concerned you have NOT sorted the problem with Setup2.bin which is why I keep getting different file sizes downloaded.

What is so difficult about telling me what the file sizes should be ?.

I realise that to play the game I will have to purchase it again but I will be more likely to do this if I can get the (expletive) software to load properly in the first place !.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:20 AM   #30
Freeware Co-ordinator

Dongle, whilst you may still be having problems it's clear that other people have successfully downloaded the files so, from the shop point of view, the problem would appear to be fixed. It may be that you have a separate problem it''s unclear from your post whether you had the problem before or after the fix (a few days ago is a bit vague) If you have but are still experiencing a problem then I'm sure the shop people will look into your specific case, as they have done for others in the past.

Regardless, if you have received a full rerund you no longer have a right to receive the game by any means. Therefore asking if someone can copy the files to DVD without even mentioning making another purchase which could be downloaded on your behalf appears to suggest you were seeking a free copy. Abusing the shop is counter-productive and inappropriate, especially when you have failed to make your intentions clear
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 03-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #31
Adventure Shop

Hi Pat,

Let me answer you in detail:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongle View Post
I purchased this game a few days ago and downloaded the files. Should have realised something was wrong as my download manager (DAP) reported the download size as being xxxMb but the actual download is not the same size. This only applies to Setup2.bin.
First of all I want to thank you for purchasing your game on the adventure shop.

When we published the game on our server, Setup2.bin did not properly replicated on one of our servers. The file was appeared as corrupted for several users, even is the file size correct, it generated several errors. When this issue came to our awareness, we have republished the a new version of the file on this particular server. We have also informed all of our customers of this issue, and its resolution.

Quote:
I was caught out by the corrupted file issue but after another download the install failed half way through. I requested the files on cd or a refund. I received a refund. I also asked what the actual file sizes should be but had no response.
I can investigate about the exact file size of the 2nd file. However, since we published this new file, the size should be the same.

Quote:
Out of interest I carried on downloading Setup2 and eventually ended up with two Setup2.bin files the same size but still not the same as DAP was telling me. I also used a straight "save as" through firefox.
You downloaded the second and clean file.

Quote:
Eventually I did manage to get a full install but there was a glitch during the "cutscenes" part of the install. I selected "ignore" and it installed ok.
Naturally my access code no longer works so I asked if they would supply another so I could prove the installation had worked. Unfortunately they refused and suggested I purchase the game again. Catch 22.
Which was the correct answer to be given by our technical support since you have been refunded, and your online activation key burned from our database.

Quote:
So my questions are:

Can someone who has sucessfully downloaded the files tell me the actual files sizes ?.
It should be the same size.

Quote:
Would you be willing to put these on a DVD and post to me ?.
No as you asked for a refund, which we accepted.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:34 AM   #32

This all hinges around the file sizes and the fact that I had a problem loading the software after getting two copies of setup2 that were the same.

Assuming now that the following file sizes are correct:

Setup = 460kb
Setup1 = 966338kb
Setup2 = 751048kb

Is there a bug in the setup that causes the glitch or is one of the files still corrupted ?.

---------------

Incidently stepurhan I take offence at the suggestion that I was trying to obtain a free copy of the software.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:00 AM   #33
Adventure Shop

There was a bug in one of the Setup2.exe file.
All of our customers have been informed about this issue and we suggested them to download the new posted file from a new link.

I am still curious to know why you are still investigating about the game?

Would you like to buy a new version and play the full version?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon View Post
Would you like to buy a new version and play the full version?
Of course !.

BUT

The files I have were downloaded AFTER the bug fix but I still had a glitch when installing. All I am trying to do is establish that if I buy the game again it will work with the files I have.

No idea why you are being so evasive. Why do you not answer my last question ?.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #35
Caffein Queen

Did you actually use the link from your account (because link in mail is wrong), when downloading after the bugfix?

Also, I've heard from others, that they kept getting errors with the right files, IF they used a downloader, that downloads multiple files at once.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #36

This was the message originally sent to me, contained links to 3 files.

http://gamecdn-adv.gamesplanet.com/T...ut_Setup-2.bin

This message received on 11 March:

Hello,

our packaging team informed us that some of the files in a mirror were actually corrupted.
The problem has been fixed and you should be now able to succesfully re-download your game.

We do apologize for this inconvenience and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you have further questions or other problems, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.

Regards,

Marco Davitti

No mention of another download link so I carried on using the first one. I was very careful to download only one file at a time after the first one. Still not sure why the reported vs actual file size is different.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #37
Caffein Queen

So you're saying that you used the links from that mail?

You should have logged into your account on the website shop and used those links as they are updated.

At least that's what I did.
Also, I didn't use the downloader, since by default it uses more than one connection to download even just 1 file.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:12 AM   #38

Thankyou
Old 03-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #39

Just compared the url's. They are identical so that is not the problem.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #40

For info.

I just clicked on the setup2 file again on my account. Selected save as and the file size is shown as 733Mb. Quite different to the 751Mb actually downloaded.

Can someone else please confirm this.