View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #31
Damon
Adventure Shop

Hi Pat,

Let me answer you in detail:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongle View Post
I purchased this game a few days ago and downloaded the files. Should have realised something was wrong as my download manager (DAP) reported the download size as being xxxMb but the actual download is not the same size. This only applies to Setup2.bin.
First of all I want to thank you for purchasing your game on the adventure shop.

When we published the game on our server, Setup2.bin did not properly replicated on one of our servers. The file was appeared as corrupted for several users, even is the file size correct, it generated several errors. When this issue came to our awareness, we have republished the a new version of the file on this particular server. We have also informed all of our customers of this issue, and its resolution.

Quote:
I was caught out by the corrupted file issue but after another download the install failed half way through. I requested the files on cd or a refund. I received a refund. I also asked what the actual file sizes should be but had no response.
I can investigate about the exact file size of the 2nd file. However, since we published this new file, the size should be the same.

Quote:
Out of interest I carried on downloading Setup2 and eventually ended up with two Setup2.bin files the same size but still not the same as DAP was telling me. I also used a straight "save as" through firefox.
You downloaded the second and clean file.

Quote:
Eventually I did manage to get a full install but there was a glitch during the "cutscenes" part of the install. I selected "ignore" and it installed ok.
Naturally my access code no longer works so I asked if they would supply another so I could prove the installation had worked. Unfortunately they refused and suggested I purchase the game again. Catch 22.
Which was the correct answer to be given by our technical support since you have been refunded, and your online activation key burned from our database.

Quote:
So my questions are:

Can someone who has sucessfully downloaded the files tell me the actual files sizes ?.
It should be the same size.

Quote:
Would you be willing to put these on a DVD and post to me ?.
No as you asked for a refund, which we accepted.