• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jatsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Year closed, poll closed, right? Smile

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5598

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

walas74 - 31 December 2019 10:23 PM

Year closed, poll closed, right? Smile

Normally, this two week’s of voting would end tomorrow, but I’m going to extend it for a few days because the voting started before the previous playthrough ended.  The last active post in the Unforseen Incidents thread (aside from mine today) is dated Dec. 22, so this Sat., Jan. 4 will be the last day of voting.  That also gives people who were away for the holidays a chance to chime in, if they’re interested.

Lighthouse (5) - Crabapple, Chrissie, Walas74, Rtrooney, SoccerDude

Memoria (4) - Crabapple, Pegbiter, Advie, Mo54

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (3) - Intense Degree (leader), Doom, Mikekelly
Jenny LeClue (3) - Chrissie, Pegbiter, Vehelon
The Lost Crown (3) - Intense Degree (leader), Crabapple, Chrissie
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (3) - Advie, Donuts McGee, Mo54

The Last Crown (2) - Crabapple, Vehelon
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (2) - Crabapple, Chrissie

Dead Synchronicity (1) - Advie
The Last Window (1) - Mikekelly (leader)
Unavowed (1) - Mikekelly (leader)

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I’ll add a plus one for Broken Sword.
It might have a chance of pulling through this time around.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Lighthouse (5) - Crabapple, Chrissie, Walas74, Rtrooney, SoccerDude

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (4) - Intense Degree (leader), Doom, Mikekelly, Subbi
Memoria (4) - Crabapple, Pegbiter, Advie, Mo54

Jenny LeClue (3) - Chrissie, Pegbiter, Vehelon
The Lost Crown (3) - Intense Degree (leader), Crabapple, Chrissie
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (3) - Advie, Donuts McGee, Mo54

The Last Crown (2) - Crabapple, Vehelon
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (2) - Crabapple, Chrissie

Dead Synchronicity (1) - Advie
The Last Window (1) - Mikekelly (leader)
Unavowed (1) - Mikekelly (leader)

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lighthouse desperately needs a leader.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

rtrooney - 01 January 2020 10:31 PM

Lighthouse desperately needs a leader.

If the miracle occurs and Lighthouse wins, why don’t you lead?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It’s a stretch for me to participate. Leading is not currently possible.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

However, I will supply whatever background material I have, MS-Word97 format, including the WT I was involved in to anyone who steps forward. It’s the same offer I made to Lady K when she thought she might be able to lead.

Edit:  While you still have to visit every location and solve every puzzle to complete the game, Lighthouse is very non-linear. So, the approach will need to be very similar to what Sephir did with the Shivers AGCPT. I.e., set specific boundaries for each episode to make sure all participants are playing the same game. The WT might help achieve that goal.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Since Lighthouse doesn’t have a leader this round, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (aka Circle of Blood) will be the next playthrough.  Intense Degree will set up the playthrough thread when when he’s ready to begin.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Lady Kestrel - 05 January 2020 09:59 AM

Since Lighthouse doesn’t have a leader this round, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (aka Circle of Blood) will be the next playthrough.  Intense Degree will set up the playthrough thread when when he’s ready to begin.

Lighthouse is definitely cursed! It wins at last, and it’s disqualified for not having a leader…

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Hopefully Memoria and Tormentum will have a chance in future playthroughs.
The Lost Crown had a playthrough 10 years ago and Lighthouse is a lost cause with no one both willing and able to lead it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am still here,

2nd or 3rd time you guys wanna disqualify memoria, i said the last two i will lead it with me eyes closed… maybe its me but i thought its clear

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think Advie has a point. Choosing Broken Sword over Memoria, if, in fact, both had a leader, the selection on Broken Sword is wrong. If that’s the fact, and I’ll put it on Advie’s shoulders to “post the post” where he said he would lead Memoria, then there should be a tie breaker.

As for Lighthouse, don’t blame me for not stepping forward to lead it.
At the end of the last AGCPT, I made it perfectly plain that I thought Lighthouse got hosed. I said I would not be nominating the game. Which I didn’t. And I said I would not be leading the game. Which I didn’t offer to do. What I did say is that I would offer help and documentation to anyone who would lead the game. There were no takers. This is not on me. And if anyone is waiting for the next vote where I might decide to lead the game. Stop waiting. It’s not going to happen. Somebody will either step forward and ask for help, or the game is gone.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sure mate,

two playthrus ago;

when Yesterday origins won

Advie - 10 September 2019 05:36 AM

i would have lead Memoria anytime with my eyes closed, but it all just happened so fast here.

i was a couple of hours late to declare i was gonna lead it.

and when Unforeseen Incidents won i was Memoria’s Leader (which didnt win)

This time i guess nuthing have changed, esp when its the third time on a row.

but you know what it would be happy to see Intense leading a game for Sierra that i did not like much back then (imagine that) i didnt enjoy (long time ago at galaxy far away) maybe i could enjoy it this time, i dont wanna create some havoc here again like i always did..

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Now I know how all those guys/girls feel who have retrospective Olympic gold medals awarded because the gold and silver medallists have been retrospectively disqualified! Wink

Advie - 05 January 2020 09:46 PM

but you know what it would be happy to see Intense leading a game for Sierra that i did not like much back then (imagine that) i didnt enjoy (long time ago at galaxy far away) maybe i could enjoy it this time, i dont wanna create some havoc here again like i always did..

I honestly don’t think I can. I played maybe about 1/4 of it back in the 90’s but never really got into it, I definitely don’t know it well enough to lead it, especially if it is as non-linear as rtrooney says.

Unless Lady K (as the person kind enough to host this round of voting, and whose AUTHORITAH I will respect Wink) says otherwise, I will post the playthrough thread for Broken Sword in the next day or two.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top