• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

syn

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Dag - 27 May 2013 10:02 AM

Got AVS installed and ready for the community playthrough, now all I need is some bloo… ehm.. red wine!  Naughty

Make sure it’s salty merlot Wink

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Ooh a good idea, I’ve got 6 bottles of wine in my cupboard.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Needs to be a little salty on the taste. Wink

The playthrough thread opens on Thursday btw.

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Good!  I’m looking forward to this.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Picked up my copy on Amazon. I recall that I didn’t like the game all that much when it first came out. (Which caused me to give my copy to a friend.)

Am hoping that playing as a group will be more enjoyable.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It grows on you. I didn’t like it much at first either. After a while I found the characters have their own charm, I started clicking on things and trying combinations for the jokes, and of course the graphics are fantastic.

I won’t participate because I played it recently but I’ll keep an eye on the playthrough thread for fun. Smile

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Thursday eh? Sounds worth checking out.  Thumbs Up

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Oscar - 27 May 2013 07:35 PM

I won’t participate because I played it recently

...but you also said on May 16th:

“I haven’t played AVS yet and it doesn’t have that problem so I’ll have to vote for that”

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/92/P270

So which one is it?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I played the start last year (I think) and decided to give it another chance for the poll. Liked it so much I couldn’t stop and finished it last week. I know, I’m terrible! Smile

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

So you voted for a game you preferred to play alone instead with us in the playthrough after all? Considering the vote differences, that’s sad… Frown

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

No, let’s just say I accidentally finished it after voting. I did intend to participate and I’ll still post in the thread Smile

To be fair, it’s very short. I expected it to be almost twice as long.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oscar - 28 May 2013 02:07 AM

let’s just say I accidentally finished it after voting. I did intend to participate and I’ll still post in the thread Smile

Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

My copy of AVS arrived today from Amazon. It even came a day early. When are we planning to lock and load?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

It’s been some days since we finished AVS…
Some are still trying, buy it won’t take them long too (at least, I THINK it won’t. Do you hear me diego? I’m still expecting you to finish CCS as well! Tongue). Perhaps it is time to start discussing our next playthrough. I do remember that Obsidian was a strong contester, though I haven’t seen TerminusEst in the forums for a while (if I recall, he said he would have been off for a few weeks).

As for myself (as a leader), I would propose only a couple of games this time.

The first one is of course IHNMAIMS. It gathered 10 votes in less than 4 days in the last voting and I will definitely put it in the voting list. It is an excellent game anyway (No13 in my best adventures of all time list) and very suitable for a playthrough. Already in chapters, excellent dark/sinister story and riddles, not an adaptation of the book mind you, but a different story with the same characters.
It will make stay awake with eyes wide open.
Ideal for a minimum 6-week playthrough.

The other game I would like to propose, is The Dark Eye (Inscape’s. Not Daedelic’s), a game even darker than IHNMAIMS. The fact that it’s stories are based to Edgar Alan Poe’s stories, the fact that each story is played both from the killer’s and the victim’s perspective and of course the terrific use of the puppets makes it a unique, one of a kind game. (And No5 in my best adventures of all time list). It is extremely easy however (no actual riddles. Some might even say that it is more of an “experience” like Dear Esther than an actual adventure game, though I disagree), which means that a playthrough for that game would be more about discussion about the game’s story, feeling, graphics, the impression of each story, etc than about actual help for finishing the game…
And if IHNMAIMS will make stay you awake with eyes wide open, thinking of what you just saw, then the Dark Eye will make you stay awake thinking of what you DID, realizing that the horrors are not in a far away future that a computer holds (like IHNMAIMS) but in the humanity and deep within each one of us, now and always…
Ideal for a 3-week playthrough.

Any other proposals?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Discworld again Grin. It got some votes too even though it wasn’t on the top.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top