• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Please ignore this post if you don’t like
I would love to play Kentucky but then better to wait until the series is complete, Discworld means all those who never played will bookmark the walkthrough page before downloading even those who played it a while ago, Sinking Island is out of the question; its not an ag ‘in my book’, syberia2 and Dreamfall I replayed those within this year, so I am in for Ace Ventura if it will work on win8, I also come with a new game to get votes here; So Blonde.

cheers

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 05 October 2014 04:28 PM

I never ignore what you write - even when you are being silly Wink

Sinking Island is out of the question; its not an ag in my book

Don’t be silly - of course it is an AG Tongue

It has everything you can ask for in an AG: puzzles, story and exploration.
It is just a more investigative type of type of game than the Syberia games. In SI most of the puzzles consists of finding evidence, questioning suspects and making deductions based on the evidence, and there are less inventory or mechanical puzzles though there are also some of those.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

There’s no reason for us to ignore it, imo. You’re just stating your reasons for your voting. Nothing wrong with that.

I would love to play Kentucky but then better to wait until the series is complete,

That’s the exact same reason why I’m not voting for it either, despite having it pretty high on my list of games I want to play.

Discworld means all those who never played will bookmark the walkthrough page before downloading even those who played it a while ago,

So? The game is notorious for its difficulty and insane moon logic. A CPT would hopefully stimulate the participants to ask for help in the CPT itself rather than reaching for a walkthrough, but even then, meh. Imo, of course.

Sinking Island is out of the question; its not an ag in my book,

Looks like one to me, but everyone has his own definition of what is or is not an AG. Entirely your choice.

syberia2 and Dreamfall I replayed those within this year,

Totally fair.

so I am in for Ace Ventura if it will work on win8, I also come with a new game to get votes here; So Blonde.

Cool.

While you’re in no way obligated to give your reasons for voting one way or another, whatever those reasons are, they’re valid, imo. That’s why we’re having the voting process in the first place… Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Sinking Island is out of the question; its not an ag in my book.

I was also wondering why you think Sinking is not an adventure game. I would like to know, because I never thought it was not.

Personally I liked Sinking, maybe it’s a little boring at times, but overall it seems a good game to me. And after having played Syberia and Stillife, it was almost an obligation for me to continue with Sinking ISland.  Maybe it’s because I’ve enjoyed Microids games a lot.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 05 October 2014 05:05 PM

Don’t be silly - of course it is an AG

reminds me!, our Blue/purple/mauve demon used to call me silly advie, man I couldn’t ever answer him back “How do you shoot the devil ...What if you miss?”

Renacimiento - 05 October 2014 05:31 PM

Sinking Island is out of the question; its not an ag in my book.

I was also wondering why you think Sinking is not an adventure game. I would like to know, because I never thought it was not.

I love back tracking at any ag, its one of my fav aspects through one journey, but man spending half time of the adventure back tracking through a journal/PPA,  , is just so silly Grin , if this is called an adventure , then you can call me Trowe Innocent

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 05 October 2014 06:06 PM

I love back tracking at any ag, its one of my fav aspects through one journey, but man spending half time of the adventure back tracking through a journal/PPA,  , is just so silly Grin , if this is called an adventure , then you can call me Trowe Innocent

Sooooooo… a game that features too much of a certain element that used to be an integral part of adventure games… is not an adventure game?

That doesn’t make sense to me, Mr. Trowe. Wink Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 05 October 2014 06:31 PM

Sooooooo… a game that features too much of a certain element that used to be an integral part of adventure games… is not an adventure game?

That doesn’t make sense to me, mr. Trowe. Wink Grin

well, it does believe me, it is close to adventure gaming as by the element of point n click only , anyways, don’t say I didn’t warn about.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

so I am in for Ace Ventura if it will work on win8,

Haven’t tried it, probably not. How many 1996 games work on win8? Tongue It plays flawlessly on my old win98 computer BUT the minigames are still very fast.

It’s great that so many people are willing to play Ace Ventura. But I feel responsible for your fun because I suggested it, so I really hope that you guys know what you’re letting yourself in for. It’s a silly little adventure with puzzles and action minigames.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 05 October 2014 06:31 PM

That doesn’t make sense to me, mr. Trowe. Wink Grin

Unless I misunderstood Advie, he is talking about the time you spend in the Personal Assistant, with the database of clues, suspects and other important stuff. It’s the part of the game where you solve the mystery. I wouldn’t call that backtracking though.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’d join for:
Discworld
The Cat Lady
Plundered Hearts
The Night of the Rabbit
Secrets of Da Vinci

A few games I left out because I don’t have them yet and am not in rush to buy them until I can catch a sale.
And a few because I feel like I want to play the earlier game in “the series” first.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I may be making a nuisance of myself again, but I have to ask: Are you voters aware that Plundered Hearts is a text adventure from the eighties?

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok - 05 October 2014 10:26 PM

I may be making a nuisance of myself again, but I have to ask: Are you voters aware that Plundered Hearts is a text adventure from the eighties?

Thatis exactly the reason I voted for it. Haven’t played a text adventure for ages…

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Discworld means all those who never played will bookmark the walkthrough page before downloading even those who played it a while ago.

This is a fear many people who never participated in a playthrough may have. However, the ones who did understand that this is EXACTLY why playthroughs are. To have great fun, helping each other within a game WITHOUT resolving in walkthroughs.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 05 October 2014 10:09 PM

Unless I misunderstood Advie, he is talking about the time you spend in the Personal Assistant, with the database of clues, suspects and other important stuff. It’s the part of the game where you solve the mystery. I wouldn’t call that backtracking though.

I was just jumping on what Advie Mr. Trowe called “backtracking” as an excuse to call him Mr. Trowe. Wink Grin

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 05 October 2014 09:49 PM

Haven’t tried it, probably not. How many 1996 games work on win8? Tongue It plays flawlessly on my old win98 computer BUT the minigames are still very fast.

all those little Scumm-bags work just fine Wink

Karlok - 05 October 2014 10:09 PM

I know it couldn’t be described as backtracking, but its also not only for solving the game’s mystery, this PPA is everything about the game, you will visit it more than you visit all the locations there, and SI is not a small game, its huge.

Sefir - 06 October 2014 02:29 AM

This is a fear many people who never participated in a playthrough may have. However, the ones who did understand that this is EXACTLY why playthroughs are. To have great fun, helping each other within a game WITHOUT resolving in walkthroughs.

alright then!, but I have to admit , I never played a Discworld , I missed them wjile I was busy haunting Sierras ; when I had great agility solving all the hard games, and when I grew old I was afraid to play, so I wouldn’t hate myself everytime I get stuck and cry about the old times Grin .. but now I say “bring it on to daddy, boys” ,ahaha

uh this mean I also vote for Discworld

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top