• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Hardest adventure game you’ve played

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-12-14

PM

my hardests list :
1. baron wittard
2. the lost horizon
3. nikopol: the secret of the immortal

baron wittard is hardest adventure game i’ve ever played. but it has not a good scenario and control i think
the lost horizon also hard and very good scenario
the secret of the immortals scenario is not bad and it has very very good effect,visual quality and control.

totaly my favorite is the lost horizon. because it is optimum game about hard level,scenario,control and effect quality. but if you want to play a reaaly hard game, it s definitly baron wittard.

sorry for my english if i did writing mistake Smile

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I don’t play too many adventure games, so please excuse me for knowing very little of the games mentioned already…

For me one of the hardest and most frustrating was the feeble files. Damn that game.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Yep, Feeble Files for me too.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

mbday630 - 14 December 2012 09:47 AM

Yep, Feeble Files for me too.

Feeble Files Puzzles i can Simply call the most Unforgiving Logical ones

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

darkness225 - 14 December 2012 08:06 AM

my hardests list :
1. baron wittard
2. the lost horizon

What did you find hard about Lost Horizon?

Interesting how different people find different games hard. I have trouble with many inventory games but can do most supposedly ‘hard’ logic puzzles easily.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zifnab - 14 December 2012 10:29 AM
darkness225 - 14 December 2012 08:06 AM

my hardests list :
1. baron wittard
2. the lost horizon

What did you find hard about Lost Horizon?

i guess he finds it hard because he hadn’t experienced real difficult Adventures, which is fair, i imagine there are three levels within adventure games and you can not push a new player for the genre into playing the hardest level as a start or he/she will not come near Adventure games again Wink

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Going back to the feeble files, I can’t recall a single game in history where something was so infuriating that the makers of the game had to release a game save file right after the puzzle to allow people to skip the puzzle and continue playing…

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2009-09-28

PM

I’m not much into 1st person games, which I guess are usually harder than 3rd person ones, anyway here goes:

* Dark Seed. You have to be in the right place at the right time, and can get stuck in a variety of ways. Managed to finish it without walkthrough though!

* Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth. Some rather absurd puzzles, but definitely worth the play. Needed a walkthrough more than a couple of times.

* Operation Stealth. You had to restart the game if you didn’t find some ULTRA HIDDEN AND TOTALLY RANDOM objects beforehand, like an elastic band hidden behind seaweeds in the sea. Also some really frustrating arcade parts there.

* Hollywood Monsters. You have like 100 inventory items to deal with. I didn’t have the patience to try everything with everything in all the locations, followed a walkthrough, and grateful to myself for doing that. I liked the graphics and atmosphere though.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth and The Feeble Files are both games I abandoned because I just found them to be the most frustrating adventures I ever tried.
I also had a hard time with a pixel-hunt and the abundance of screens and inventory in Hollywood Monsters. I never found that pebble in the mines on my own.

I generally think it’s frustrating with games that doesn’t clean up exhausted dialogues and locations, or games that just keeps stockpiling inventory items rather than removing them after they’ve served their purpose (Hollywood Monsters is a good example of this). I don’t think it’s fair when a game is difficult just because you’re presented with a limitless amount of interaction possibilities in screens where theres absolutely nothing to do to advance the story.

I could mention the old sierra games too, but I mainly played those in a time where all adventure games were frustrating, and deaths and dead-ends were as common as using the index finger for nose-picking.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

People will laugh but I found Machinarium very hard. Even though I love AGs I’ll be the first to admit I am terrible at them.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

gboukensha - 18 December 2012 04:12 AM

I’m not much into 1st person games, which
* Operation Stealth. You had to restart the game if you didn’t find some ULTRA HIDDEN AND TOTALLY RANDOM objects beforehand, like an elastic band hidden behind seaweeds in the sea. Also some really frustrating arcade parts there.

Came here to post this. I still have to replay the game and actually finish it.

Also: Discworld, the fist one, although that was finishable. I also absolutely hate the King’s Quest games for difficulty, with things like a randomly reappearing Manannan and having to place planks over pitch dark ravines whilst being stalked by an also randomly appearing monster as obvious examples. Too hard, too frustrating and just not any damn fun to play, as far as I’m concerned.

“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

Antaios - 19 December 2012 04:39 AM
gboukensha - 18 December 2012 04:12 AM

I’m not much into 1st person games, which

Came here to post this. I still have to replay the game and actually finish it.

Also: Discworld, the fist one, although that was finishable. I also absolutely hate the King’s Quest games for difficulty, with things like a randomly reappearing Manannan and having to place planks over pitch dark ravines whilst being stalked by an also randomly appearing monster as obvious examples. Too hard, too frustrating and just not any damn fun to play, as far as I’m concerned.

Yeah the first Discworld was very hard, especially if you ever played it on the Playstation. I gave up.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

The hardest game I played that was still (for the most part) logical was Schizm (aka Mysterious Journey). Part of the difficulty was that you’d find clues in places at the other side of the gameworld—and it had a huge gameworld. Many of the puzzles required you to remember the algebra and geometry classes you took in high school. It did have a few puzzles that I never understood—like the Prayer Wheels that made different sounds that I couldn’t quite catch.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

The Prayer Wheels! The sadist developers mademe walk back and forth between the puzzle and the sounds. Back and forth. Back and forth. Shouldn’t puzzles be FUN?? I hated Schizm with a passion. Unfinished of course.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

The first time I tried to play Schizm I gave up on it about halfway through. It just wasn’t something I felt like playing. A few months later I tried it again and I really enjoyed it. I knew which puzzles to skip because I had no chance at them (Prayer Wheels), even though I couldn’t remember the exact answer to any of the puzzles.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top