• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #39: Resonance

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

I won’t be able to finish this part in time, didn’t even get to start it yet. Frown
But I will catch up on the weekend, I promise. Smile

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Noddy - 18 May 2016 11:37 AM

Guess the Chinese box puzzle is the Ornate safe at Tortoise Security with the coloured faces? What am I supposed to be doing there? Need something to see inside?

You are in the right path. I guess you just need to find something that will help you look inside. I have heard that some medical equipment have similar uses….

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 18 May 2016 03:29 AM

So, now that we have played a bit more, is someone of the characters your favourite? Smile

I barely used Ed and Ray was a bit of an annoying journalist.
Between the cop and Anna I prefer Anna because of the backstory.

For that puzzle, the way to look inside the chinese was a bit random

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 17 May 2016 09:20 PM

Once again, didn’t know the chinese box was optional until now. What is the other way to get the mastercard?

Blackmail - using the Security Cam picture (or possibly the LTM of the guy) - I can’t quite remember!

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Sefir - 18 May 2016 12:23 PM
Noddy - 18 May 2016 11:37 AM

Guess the Chinese box puzzle is the Ornate safe at Tortoise Security with the coloured faces? What am I supposed to be doing there? Need something to see inside?

You are in the right path. I guess you just need to find something that will help you look inside. I have heard that some medical equipment have similar uses….

Thanks! I had completely missed the ultrasonograph in the hospital.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 18 May 2016 12:37 PM

Not really as if you look at the ultra-sonograph in the morgue you get a description of it’s use & if you look at the puzzle box there’s a hint of a hidden mechanism. The clues are there. It possibly depends on what order you do things in?

As I’ve played the game before it’s difficult to choose a favourite character but in context of the story so far Anna does seem to be the most sincere & you’re not quite sure of the motives of the other 3!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

chrissie - 18 May 2016 01:21 PM
wilco - 18 May 2016 12:37 PM

Not really as if you look at the ultra-sonograph in the morgue you get a description of it’s use & if you look at the puzzle box there’s a hint of a hidden mechanism. The clues are there. It possibly depends on what order you do things in?

I’m not saying the puzzle was difficult, after getting the ultrasonograph it was easy to figure out where to use it, just saying that it’s a stretch grabbing something from a morgue to use is on a puzzle shop.

I prefered the other hospital puzzle because when I say the empty medicine bottle I immediately thought about going to the hospital and after that you had to find the code for the medicine in some charts.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 18 May 2016 02:53 PM

I’m not saying the puzzle was difficult, after getting the ultrasonograph it was easy to figure out where to use it, just saying that it’s a stretch grabbing something from a morgue to use is on a puzzle shop.

I prefered the other hospital puzzle because when I say the empty medicine bottle I immediately thought about going to the hospital and after that you had to find the code for the medicine in some charts.

I liked the bizarreness of using the medical equipment on the puzzle box & it did seem logical but I don’t see where the ‘stretch’ comes from except that the ultra-sonograph was handily there to pocket - contrived? I really liked the coincidence idea in that the puzzle box hadn’t been cracked but there was an item that unexpectedly came your way that helped you to do it! But there was the alternative that I used this time although I solved the puzzle-box as well which was un-needed by then.

Yes, it did seem obvious to go to the hospital to try & procure some drugs & I liked that part too - did you opt for the proper pills or choose the placebo alternative?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

chrissie - 18 May 2016 03:27 PM
wilco - 18 May 2016 02:53 PM

I liked the bizarreness of using the medical equipment on the puzzle box & it did seem logical but I don’t see where the ‘stretch’ comes from except that the ultra-sonograph was handily there to pocket - contrived? I really liked the coincidence idea in that the puzzle box hadn’t been cracked but there was an item that unexpectedly came your way that helped you to do it! But there was the alternative that I used this time although I solved the puzzle-box as well which was un-needed by then.

Yes, it did seem obvious to go to the hospital to try & procure some drugs & I liked that part too - did you opt for the proper pills or choose the placebo alternative?

But ultrasonogrophay doesn’t work like that! Smile seriously, it’s just nitpicking, the puzzle didn’t really bother me.
Didn’t even notice the placebo, lots of different stuff to try Thumbs Up

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Many people are struggling to reach this week’s checkpoint, while others got there no problem. That’s why I will give 4 days (let’s say until the 23rd of May) for all of you to get in and out of Dr. Morales Vault. It is a small puzzle sequence and most people who made it thus far will reach this checkpoint in no more than 2 hours. Additionally, we give time for everyone to catch up. I also expect much, much discussion.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2004-09-28

PM

I’ve been busy with international travel.  Right now I’m trying desparately to find time in my schedule!  I’ll catch up eventually!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

So, now that we have played a bit more, is someone of the characters your favorite?

Anna is my favorite character. Love her - she is VERY interesting.

BTW, I’ve also made it into and out of the vault.

How does the rest of the group feel about the plot/story line? Be honest….....

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Mikekelly - 19 May 2016 09:26 PM

How does the rest of the group feel about the plot/story line? Be honest….....

Yes, that is the “Time to discuss about the storyline” checkpoint. Wink

I love the story btw, but I will wait until a few more people reach it for more discussion.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

After a week without computer access, we started the second part of the playthrough last night. We’re working hard to locate the vault and reach the next checkpoint.

I’m glad we managed to solve the puzzle box at Tortoise’s as that was something I didn’t do on my previous playthrough - I missed some useful hospital equipment back then.

Something I like about this stage of the game is that you feel that some (or maybe all) characters have a hidden agenda. Subtle and not-so-subtle hints like Ray’s objective on his phone to infiltrate the group and the note in Dr. Morales’ diary not to trust the police just as Anna and Ed meet Detective Bennett. That builds tension, but you still have a relatively large world to explore and puzzles to solve without any artificial time pressure from the game.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

Located the vault now. Some good puzzles in this part - and they don’t feel too contrived to me. Monday we’ll try to puzzle our way through to the vault itself - and then I’ll be ready to give my take on the story developments (and perhaps my wife’s view as well - as she’s new to the game).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top