• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

shanethewolf

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2010 Adventure Game of the Year

Poll: 2010 Adventure game of the Year is?
Total Votes: 51
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Black Mirror 2: Reigning Evil
Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
Gray Matter
Journey Down 1
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West
Lost Horizon
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Sam&Max Season 3: The Devil’s Playhouse
Heavy Rain
Whispered World
Your unlisted favorite

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Gabe - 22 January 2016 05:27 PM

Dividing poll list like 2010 agoty part1,2 or more to cover at least 24 votable choices.

I hope I’m not the only one who thinks that would make the poll more, rather than less confusing.

Seeing two or three poll threads with similar, if not identical titles with no way to automatically consolidate the vote totals between the various threads does not appeal to me at all.

But then I’m the guy that thought random selection of game positions was a good idea.  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Gabe - 22 January 2016 05:27 PM

Dividing poll list like 2010 agoty part1,2 or more to cover at least 24 votable choices.

doesn`t sound particularly clear to me either.. I think it would only bring new problems and unnecessary confusion to the polls.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So Pt. I and Pt. II. And then what? The 6 winners from each part get to compete in a “Final” part?

Godawful idea. And a lot more random than these singular polls could ever get…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

But lets not be too harsh to Gabe, because I partly understand his concerns too Smile Lets take another example. In 2009 poll Yoomurjak got 8 votes out of 47 (Almost 20% of the votes). I`m pretty sure that Yoomurjak got zero votes in “Readers game of the year” thread (someone can check it, I`m too tired to do it myself right now). So why it got so many votes now? Because it is highlighted now in the new polls or because all Yoomurjak fans were sleeping when we wrote readers game of the year lists or because fans didn`t remember the correct year when it was released or what?

But as I have said before, Karlok has done good job here and it`s pretty futile to analyze the poll results too much. They are what they are and I`m sure those 8 voters really enjoyed to play Yoomurjak. There is no logical reason to change things: The lists are definitely not random, game choices have been valid and justified, “your unlisted favorite” game lists are pretty comprehensive and you can always propose or present new games by yourself to the polls. So I don`t really see any problems.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

A year of a lot of releases but few memorable. Off the poll again…

Rhem 4: The Golden Fragments

Close Seconds:
DarkStar: The Interactive Movie
The Filmmaker
Slip Space: The Burma Shave Analogy

Honorable Mention:
Black Mirror 2: Reigning Evil

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Gray Matter. I played it recently, I loved it.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Heavyrain still is a gem but i voted Gray matter, because its underrated.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Ahenobarbus: My theory would be that not many people played Yoomurjak the year it was released. It had a fairly low profile at the time - I loved the AGON games but only found out last year that it was even related. People who’ve played it since then seem to have liked it a lot, though!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top