• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2010 Adventure Game of the Year

Poll: 2010 Adventure game of the Year is?
Total Votes: 51
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Black Mirror 2: Reigning Evil
Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
Gray Matter
Journey Down 1
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West
Lost Horizon
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Sam&Max Season 3: The Devil’s Playhouse
Heavy Rain
Whispered World
Your unlisted favorite

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t understand what you’re saying, Gabe. And I don’t think that’s my fault.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I voted for Gray Matter since I consider it almost as good as Gabriel Knights. There’s also the superb Journey Down but since it’s just the first chapter, I’d rather give the vote for a full game. Heavy Rain would have been a strong contender also. And there’s even more games that are pretty great, just not a 5 star material. A good year.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Gabe - 22 January 2016 06:54 AM

Another random poll which does’t even include Heavy Rain.

I guess Heavy Rain falls into the twilight zone of whether it’s an adventure game or not - I payed silly money for a console version with potentially hours of gameplay which I got only 4 out of because the game’s A HYBRID! (Yes! I can try again but that’s not the point!)

Gabe - 22 January 2016 08:52 AM

See when you compare readers own listing with polls outcome unfortunately for you coz of poll’s limitation and your listing criteria, pool may create random results. So don’t resent the randomness, pool creates itself involuntarily.

Here is an example (similar as it happened to me)
poll choice:

chrissie - 22 January 2016 06:21 AM

.. Gray Matter & Black
Mirror 2 sticking in my mind but my vote goes to Art of Murder 3

personal choice:

chrissie - 19 October 2015 12:59 PM

2010 15 Days

As far as I can see Gabe, Karlok carried on the task of presenting the polls & is doing a great job of it Thumbs Up Karlok does give you the opportunity to add games into the external listings so you can state your preference in a post - people will vote for what they like - I don’t get where the randomness comes or see your problem?

Also all choices are personal & I don’t get the significance of quoting my preferences?    Laughing

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

millenia - 22 January 2016 09:46 AM

I voted for Gray Matter since I consider it almost as good as Gabriel Knights.

Exactly! Totally underrated Jensen masterpiece..

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 22 January 2016 07:30 AM

Timovieman, could you please remove Simon 5 and replace it with Heavy Rain?

Done.

Gabe, did you vote “Unlisted favourite”?
Because in that I case, I can subtract your vote there and add it to Heavy Rain.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

In case of episodic games where the first chapter gets released in 2010 and the next chapters are released in 2011, should they count as 2010 or 2011?

Because if they count as 2010, then I’d vote for Back to the Future…

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

RHEM IV

Runners up Gray Matter, Lost Horizon, Whispered World, and The Filmmaker

Almost forgot Slip Space: The Burma Shave Analogy

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

chrissie - 22 January 2016 10:01 AM

Also all choices are personal & I don’t get the significance of quoting my preferences?    Laughing

My example shows how poll made you change your listed Readers “Game of the Year”agoty choice as happened to me so probably some others too,means at this state poll itself may creates that.

I didn’t, i’ll vote for HR.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Gabe - 22 January 2016 12:11 PM

My example shows how poll made you change your listed Readers “Game of the Year”agoty choice as happened to me so probably some others too,means at this state poll itself may creates that.

Yes, I can see that my choice was 15 Days in 2010 but my change of heart I can tell you Gabe has categorically absolutely nothing to do with the poll here - I know exactly what games I played that year & when you’re trying to pick a favourite from a lot of very enjoyable games it does rely on current mood & may change!
I did mention 15 Days which I thought was a very good game let down by game engine for a lot of folks but within that year, in hindsight as already mentioned, the most significant game for me is AOM3 which took me into another world while I, staying in her home, watched over/cared for my mother while she was dying a short but nasty death from liver cancer - just 7 weeks after diagnosis.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Gabe - 22 January 2016 12:11 PM

Come on man, there is no malice in what Karlok is doing. If ANYONEis tasked with putting 12 games in a poll from a long list of games, there is always bound to be one game someone deems worthy that’s left out.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

chrissie - 22 January 2016 12:43 PM

when you’re trying to pick a favourite from a lot of very enjoyable games it does rely on current mood & may change!

That’s the randomness i wrote about, is poll may execute change or not?
Poll shows that.
Ofcourse up to you to decide that if poll helps made you choose better.

@SoccerDude28 My point was about poll’s aspect.
Anyway i think the way bypassing current state is creating multiple part poll threads.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There’s a list of games produced this year, some may have been missed off & if mentioned Karlok will add them I’m sure otherwise you can choose to participate in the ‘generated poll’ within which you can choose another option to be posted here. I’m absolutely baffled as to how a poll can change your preferences???? Gabe - go…. or should I say explain more?  Smile

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Gabe - 22 January 2016 02:22 PM

Anyway i think the way bypassing current state is creating multiple part poll threads.

I can read this sentence one hundred times and still don’t know what you’re saying. Why don’t you make an effort for once.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Dividing poll list like 2010 agoty part1,2 or more to cover at least 24 votable choices.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Rhem 4

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top