• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Funcom’s The Park

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Funcom finally released a game that is not an MMO so I gave it try since it’s an horror game and the time seemed right for it. It’s a what a lot of people now call a walking simulator so it has all trappings associated with the genre - it’s short, no puzzles and few interactions.

You play a woman that lost her son at a Park (or maybe not…?!?) and as usual by collecting little pieces of info you start to understand what is happened in the park and what really happened to her son

Game is divided into 2 parts, the first one you explore the park, going around in all rides with some jump scare here and there. Mostly looks good (Unreal engine 4 I think) but nothing really interesting happens in this part except for some scares that mostly involve a creppy figure showing up at times and reading about some events that happened in the park.

The second one is clearly based on PT, you go around the main character house in 6-7 loops. it was the best part of the game. You see the descent into madness of the main character and the horror is not just based on jump scares but actually the house getting creppier in each loop.  It’s not original since it’s clearly ripping off PT but he’ll never get Silent Hills, so it’s nice to see that even just a demo it’s starting to influence the genre.

I main problem is that its too short… Shorter than a dialogue in Longest Journey, shorter than the waiting time for Space Mountain ath Disneyworld… Steam says it took me 77 minutes and I got almost all the achievements.
The story is dark and interesting but being it should have been more developed, the first part of the game is very insipid.

The game also ties-in in some way to The Secret World, I think the park might also present there but I’m not sure about this

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

PT = ?

Also stop slacking off and go play Death Gate.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Antrax - 01 November 2015 10:14 AM

PT = ?

Also stop slacking off and go play Death Gate.

PT was the demo for the now cancelled Silent Hills.

Death Gate, I’m on to it again! (but had to play a horror game Smile )

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top