• News
  • Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Casual Games

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2019-09-15

PM

Thanks for the recommendation of Vermillion Watch! I’m wrapping up Enigmatis and then will jump to that.

Unfortunately though, it looks like there’s some supernatural elements.

My girlfriend wants something with no fantasy, sci-fi, or horror elements. Which damn, takes out a LOT of titles. I guess folks really skew towards those genres for HOPA titles?

We DID play through Artifex Mundi’s Noir Chronicles and that was a solid time. Really easy though, with the game only presenting you with 2 or so scenes at a time.

There’s a part of me that likes that easygoing spirit, but there was a decided lack of “aha!” moments.

I hear Dead Reckoning might be up my alley?

Total Posts: 4008

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I suggest you try Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can. There is some time travel, and you have to talk with a ghost or two. If you can get past that, it’s a great detective story.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Casual Game Developer List
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohuMgk8BGFTdExjM2s4eGdJRGZmcWJxMUNoUTlMZVE#gid=0

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2019-09-15

PM

Oh yeah! I actually Angelica Weaver a month or two ago and had a blast - really clever little title.

Also I know its fantasy/horror adjacent, but good lord is Enigmatis 1 and 2 good. Excited to start part three soon!

Total Posts: 4008

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The subject of Adventure A: A Puzzle in Disguise has come up here and on a few other threads. It’s a really good game, and it’s on sale at GOG for $3.99. It’s either a Sophisticated Casual or an Adventure Lite depending on your point of view. Very similar to Emerald City Confidential in that regard.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Casual Game Developer List
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohuMgk8BGFTdExjM2s4eGdJRGZmcWJxMUNoUTlMZVE#gid=0

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!