• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dominique Pamplemousse - my latest game being funded on Indiegogo

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

Hey, folks! Just wanted to let you all know that my latest adventure game project, Dominique Pamplemousse in “It’s All Over Once The Fat Lady Sings!”, is currently being crowdfunded on Indiegogo. It may not be as high-budget a project as some of the adventure game crowdfunding drives we’ve seen around here lately, but it’s going to be pretty unique and interesting, particularly since it’s a) a musical (with singing and everything!), and b) done entirely in stop motion animation. Check it out, if you feel so inclined!

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

I’ve seen the preview, and it looks like a very fun game.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

That looks awesome. I supported your previous game on Kickstarter, and will definitely support this - love stop motion. Tried doing some myself once, but I think I lack the patience required. Smile And I love down on their luck PI’s…. Smile

Indiegogo requires the money up front (or at least last time I tried to support a project through them) so I won’t be able to pledge until near the end of the project.

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

Thank you both! Smile

Toefur: Yeah, while IG funding can be all-or-nothing like Kickstarter (which is the case with mine), it looks like Paypal takes your money right away then refunds it if the project doesn’t succeed, instead of not charging anything until the very end. In any case, I’ll update closer to the end of the project to keep you all posted.

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

I have a blog post up on how I made my stop motion puppets! You can check it out here: http://www.deirdrakiai.com/2012/08/07/how-to-pamplemousse-puppets/

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

Today, I posted a playable online demo: http://deirdrakiai.com/pamplemoussedemo/

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Certainly is different.

A musical stop motion game.

Kudos for originality.

I had a couple of issues with the playable demo where clicking on the background caused Pimplemouse to walk off the screen to the left or right and disappear.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

Lucien21 - 12 August 2012 07:19 AM

Certainly is different.

A musical stop motion game.

Kudos for originality.

I had a couple of issues with the playable demo where clicking on the background caused Pimplemouse to walk off the screen to the left or right and disappear.

I think that’s some funky Flash coding, because the preview I beta tested didn’t do that. I found that double clicking on the background eventually got the flavour text to come up.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

Whoops, that was due to the in-browser throttling that Flash does when you switch between tabs. Should be fixed now.

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

Here’s a blog post on how I make music: http://www.deirdrakiai.com/2012/08/15/how-to-pamplemousse-music/

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

love the soundtrack, I’m a brass-player myself. Good luck with the project, should be a blast; i saw Ron Gilbert’s tweet. With his support you should get it funded easily Smile

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

Just a reminder that there’s only one week left to contribute to this game’s development!

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

5 days left! Plus perk updates: http://www.deirdrakiai.com/2012/08/27/pamplemousse-perk-updates/

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Lovely project.  Smile

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

Thank you, Martin! 2 days and 27% to go!

Joined 2004-04-18

PM

Last day to contribute, folks! It’s almost there, but can use a push!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top