• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyLady KestrelSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Place that quote!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Jabod - 02 August 2014 09:33 AM

What’s up with you lot?!  Tongue

Sorry Jabod

There is something nagging me in the back of my head telling me I know this game, but I just can’t bring it to the surface and pinpoint what game it is. And I don’t even think more quotes will help me.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Iznogood - 02 August 2014 09:41 AM

Sorry Jabod

There is something nagging me in the back of my head telling me I know this game, but I just can’t bring it to the surface and pinpoint what game it is. And I don’t even think more quotes will help me.

I’ve decided to add a non-quote clue Izno which should (could?) help.

Purely by coincidence the name of this game is also the answer to one of the pictures in DarkEye’s fishing picture quiz.

And since I’ve only recognised 16 of them….....................

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

We Negotiate With Terrorists.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Every guess so far is for a game I’ve not played (ok I started GK1 but hated the game play so ended it very early) which I find somewhat odd but, well, I doubt that’s of any importance. And no, I’m afraid not Advie.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

uh ok. i only read the the last qoute, but from the look of them all it gives the feeling there is somekind of going back and forth through a modern time and a fantasy one, so i ll give a last guess for dreamfall.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Another game alongside GK1 that I started and got fed up with (at the point where I had to sneak around that security droid thing in a house) due to the interface.

So sorry Advie, not Dreamfall.

I think I’ll do a complete giveaway for this in the next couple of hours. It’s gone on for too long now.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Jabod - 03 August 2014 07:15 AM

I think I’ll do a complete giveaway for this in the next couple of hours. It’s gone on for too long now.

NOOOOO!  Pan
Wait for me! Laughing

I’ve been thinking , about it, since you posted the “hit on the head” quote, but couldn’t place it.
I thought BS3 , but, that can’t be it, because of the other quotes.
I’ve finally played last year Mystery of the druids. I can’t remember much from it , but I do remember Mellanie hiting Brent with something on the head to come back.
And there is also the beggar you steal money from at the beginning of the game.
So, I’ll go with mystery of the druids. I also think you mention playing it.
I can’t say I’ve enjoyed it very much, but I did like the past part with the monastery .
(and the bed sheet flight with the monk on your tail Laughing )
Also, the plot of ritual killings is similar to the one in GK.

I am baaaaaaaack!

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Yes!!!! Well done kate me. Mystery Of The Druids it is.

Melanie Turner had to hit Brent Halligan over the head with a skull to stop him throttling her when he had been “influenced” by Lord Sinclair.

And the conversation with the chap who had lost everything is indeed the beggar that you have to steal the pennies from his begging cap so that you can make a phone call. Bloody stupid that bit.

Indeed I have played the game and I think it’s better than generally given credit for (but there’s several hundred better AGs out there though Smile )

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Jabod - 03 August 2014 09:04 AM

Melanie Turner had to hit Brent Halligan over the head with a skull to stop him throttling her when he had been “influenced” by Lord Sinclair.

I couldn’t remember what she hit him with Laughing

Jabod - 03 August 2014 09:04 AM

And the conversation with the chap who had lost everything is indeed the beggar that you have to steal the pennies from his begging cap so that you can make a phone call. Bloody stupid that bit.

Agree. Although, there is something very very similar in BS4.

Ok, next:

Carpet seller:
These fine rugs come from the king’s palace in Daventry, auctioned off for but a fraction of their worth; why, you can even see the crest of Daventry upon one and the shield of Lytton upon another. Smile
Main character: And the price?
Carpet seller:10 marks for the large and 7 marks for the small
Main character:How do I know these rugs come from Daventry?
Carpet seller:Trust me!

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Sounds like Kings Quest but I’ve only played 7 and that’s not it I think, so how about 5 maybe?

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2009-12-05

PM

It is an Easter egg from Conquests of the Longbow. I preferred the first Conquests game Conquests of Camelot. I really like Fatima. If you got lucky with her you died in very interesting ways.  Tongue

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Jon_wachter - 14 August 2014 10:43 AM

Sounds like Kings Quest but I’ve only played 7 and that’s not it I think, so how about 5 maybe?

Well, look who’s here ! Smile
No, sorry. Daventry was just a reference to KQ.(I was a bit Naughty this time ) But since I know you also like 90’s games, you could give KQ6 a try. I think it’s the best of them.

jbhypno - 14 August 2014 05:31 PM

It is an Easter egg from Conquests of the Longbow. I preferred the first Conquests game Conquests of Camelot. I really like Fatima. If you got lucky with her you died in very interesting ways.  Tongue

YEEEEESSS! Smile You got it!
It’s the carpet seller at the fair.
I enjoyed Conquests of the Longbow overall, one of the funniest scenes I remember is the whole part with the fake diamonds and how the sheriff ends up leaving the forest . Laughing Laughing
The thing that really annoyed me was the hand code puzzle.

I am baaaaaaaack!

Joined 2009-12-05

PM

Ok time for a little comedy Tongue

You have the bladder of a pregnant woman!

JBhypno

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Hmmmmm - It could be Broken Sword 5 - Inspector Navet saying it to Sgt. Moue

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2009-12-05

PM

Iznogood - 15 August 2014 05:17 PM

Hmmmmm - It could be Broken Sword 5 - Inspector Navet saying it to Sgt. Moue

Sorry not BS5. I don’t think I’ve played it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top