• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

So I started playing the first episode over christmas. It didn’t start well, I didn’t really enjoy the dragon segment but after that I loved the story and was really pleasantly surprised…

Unfortunately, now I’m stuck with a game breaking bug, when I finish the meeting with the troll, I can’t select any of the horns to take back, the screen just gets stuck and I can’t do anything. If it were a game with a decent saving system and not a crappy auto-save kind of thing, I could reload a previous save game but right now I’ve got to restart from the beginning and do the awful dragon part all over again.

So, in conclusion, it’s not bad, much better than I expected but it’s buggy and for the love of all that is holy, I wish developers understood that automated save games suck and that being allowed to save when we want is so much better (makes the game more fun because it’s possible to explore more)

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Just finished chapter 2 and I love it.
The overall big puzzle of managing food to get everyone alive is a really good idea and added a new dimension to the game.

I still hate the auto-saving system but at list chapter 2 allows skipping scenes which makes things much more bearable.

Right now, I’d give 4.5/5 and it’s become the best game of 2015 for me.

Interestingly, it’s one of the few (if not only) episodic game where each episode really feel self contained.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

I really liked the first episode, but disliked the second one. IMO the “big puzzle” idea was interesting, but the execution wasn’t and overall the chapter just wasn’t fun to play.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I just finished the chapter 1 (I don’t have the season pass, so I don’t know when I’ll jump on the second chapter) and I must say I’m more than positively surprised. I already knew I’d like the art work, but what surprised me the most is the quality of the writing. There’s some sharp edges here and there, but overall I’d say the chaper 1 script is among the best done for KQ games. It has a good balance of fairytale elements, some more dramatic undertones and a good dash of comedy. And the voice acting is just superb.

I also liked the puzzles and unlike I first though, I didn’t hate the QT events. And surprisingly enough, the simplified UI works vert well. You’d think that a UI where you need to walk close to hotspots would feel annoying, but I think they managed to find a good balance with location sizes and structures here, as well as clarity, as it was pretty obvious most of the time where those hotspots are.

If there’s anything negative here, a couple of things do jump out: if you mess up in some of the action scenes, you need to watch the dialogue bits again and can’t jump over them. And I do think that Graham’s walking and running animation are just horribly done.

But overall, this was a very pleasant experience. I’ll be getting the season pass at some point for sure.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Episode 3 might be coming 26/04

http://www.destructoid.com/sierra-announces-king-s-quest-chapter-3-once-upon-a-climb-348549.phtml

Name Once Upon a Climb and focus on the meeting and romance between Graham and Valanice.
Excpected but nice choice, expecting Valanice to be an excellent character

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Some screenshots showed up here:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/screenshots/view/30168/61554

Graham seems to be going on that epic adventure of growing a beard (and muscles? he seems more buffed). Valanice looks ok

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

this game needs a retro remake..

sorry, but sometimes i can’t help me, i love the New KQ, keep it comin’ you OddMentals

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I really love the idea of Graham being a different age in each episode. As far games go it’s a pretty novel approach, as I can’t recall oteher games that did the same at leas in the same extent.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I really around to get around to playing episode 2.

Also, nice to see Graham become a bit less Guybrushy.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Love this screenshot:

I wonder when it will take place. One of the screenshots shows the tower, maybe that will be at the start of the game and it will focus on what happens after Graham meets Valanice.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’d wager we’ll see a sort of a recap of how Graham saved Valenice.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tomimt - 14 March 2016 02:58 PM

I really love the idea of Graham being a different age in each episode. As far games go it’s a pretty novel approach, as I can’t recall oteher games that did the same at leas in the same extent.

It actually amazes me that this is a pretty novel approach, because it’s a perfect complement for the episodic format, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I really need to jump on episode 2, but after one I bought the season pass so a part of me just wants to wait and see what is next

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Advie - 14 March 2016 01:42 PM

this game needs a retro remake..

Gasp
Holy one-eyed dragon!!!, ...and i was just kidding
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498377642
But look at this; an attempt at recreating a scene from the beginning of the new King’s Quest Gasp

Image Attachments

1439351503_kingsquestega3.gif

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Korba confirmed that they’ve discontinued the inclusion of QTEs as a result of player feedback

from fov’s lastest preview for KQ-Chapter3.

Wow, that really cool, the game will continue without any more of those QTEs ,Yay!.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top