• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Florus

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

No gamepad.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

So I went back to the flaming dragon today… fresh start, you never know. I still get burned and I’ve tried at least twenty times. I’ve had my fill for today. If there are no more action bits after this one, I might give it another shot tomorrow. Please tell me, is this the last one or is there more to come?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

If I’m remembering it correctly there only 2 more little bits with QTEs after that, but they are easier and much shorter - the 2 trials.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks. Finally made it and I do want to finish the game, but now I see why some posters (including me) don’t like the “tonal inconsistency”.

EDIT: Well Wilco, next think I know I’m shooting goblins like crazy and failing… gggrrr…  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Tonal inconsistency isn’t anything new for KQ games though. Almost all the games have had their own head scratchers when it comes to mixing different kinds of elements, KQ6 being the worts offender on this, as I’ve always though it’s 2 very different kind of games mixed up together with stuff that’s almost embarassingly naive to stuff that is overly gloomy or scary.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 08 August 2015 06:18 AM

EDIT: Well Wilco, next think I know I’m shooting goblins like crazy and failing… gggrrr…  Thumbs Up

Ah, sorry, forgot about about that one. btw, you just have to hit them once, don’t have to hit the ones that are crawling to leave

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 08 August 2015 07:57 AM

Ah, sorry, forgot about about that one. btw, you just have to hit them once, don’t have to hit the ones that are crawling to leave

That section is supposed to be enjoyable, was great fun with joypad. Heart

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 08 August 2015 09:23 AM
wilco - 08 August 2015 07:57 AM

That section is supposed to be enjoyable, was great fun with joypad. Heart

I liked the part before the fight where Graham is walking being followed by the goblins and you could turn around at any time to see them hide. Great little details

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Okay, I’ve had it with King’s Quest 2015. I’ve tried and tried and tried everything I could think of to progress after I won the Strength competition and even consulted a walkthrough. Apparently, I need a work order to rescue Triumph from the trap in the tree, and I will spot Madeline somewhere near the big rock. Problem is, I already used the work order to get the bitterroot that the absent Madeline is supposed to get for me and I can’t find a new work order or get one from the blacksmith. Either I’ve gone blind or it’s a bug. If the game allows me to use the work order on the rock, shouldnt the developers offer me another route to free Triumph?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Karlok - 08 August 2015 12:50 PM

shouldnt the developers offer me another route to free Triumph?

they did. find acorn and give him the sock to free triumph

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks zane, but I already spent an hour running around, backtracking and I didn’t find anything. This is it for me, I leave King’s Quest 2015 without regret.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hes sitting next to triumph.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Karlok - 08 August 2015 12:50 PM

Okay, I’ve had it with King’s Quest 2015. I’ve tried and tried and tried everything I could think of to progress after I won the Strength competition and even consulted a walkthrough. Apparently, I need a work order to rescue Triumph from the trap in the tree, and I will spot Madeline somewhere near the big rock. Problem is, I already used the work order to get the bitterroot that the absent Madeline is supposed to get for me and I can’t find a new work order or get one from the blacksmith. Either I’ve gone blind or it’s a bug. If the game allows me to use the work order on the rock, shouldnt the developers offer me another route to free Triumph?

not trying to be mean but this is one of the easiest adventure games next to a telltale game. but sorry if it is not for you than its not so I understand

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jdawg445 - 09 August 2015 12:20 PM

not trying to be mean but this is one of the easiest adventure games next to a telltale game. but sorry if it is not for you than its not so I understand

I’m not trying to be mean either, but did you even bother to read my post?

zane - 08 August 2015 06:07 PM

hes sitting next to triumph.

Yeah, I know, that’s what the walkthrough told me. Fine, why don’t you come over here and show me.  Tongue

Not that it matters anymore. I’m not going back to the game, so I watched the rest on youtube.

PS: One more reason to provide the option of saving manually.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

yes I get the qte parts can be annoying to some, but even those are simple when you think about it. even if you die its the same button prompt next time, so its like a game of simon says. But yes acorn was literally right next to the hamster in the tree. In my opinion this game had the most basic puzzle design next to a modern telltale game (which has no puzzles at all). Most of the characters told you almost exactly what they needed to move forward. for example in the magic store the old odd couple said you could have the light if you could find something they could hollow out and put it in. so it was obvious they wanted the pumpkin, (im not saying you had a problem there) but what I am pointing out that this game sign post pretty much everything that has to be done to solve any and all puzzles.

Sorry you did not enjoy it, and I can understand why the story would not appeal to everyone, but as in terms of puzzle design and execution it shocks me anyone would have trouble beating this game. because the puzzles are very easy to begin with, and on top of that there is multiple ways to solve all puzzles.

I think this a great game for kids, ages 8-13 to introduce to the adventure game genre. it would be challenging enough for them, without getting frustrated at the game, plus it is like a disney movie come to life.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top