• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

technobabylon?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

im finally making my way through this, and i love it!!! The story is extremely well written and designed… fun puzzles, great atmosphere.
Trivia factoid: Correct me if im wrong or is Dr. Lao the first transgendered protagonist in an adventure? (maybe even any game?).. bonus points because shes just portrayed as a normal person, and thats not a defining trait of her.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

can I get some opinions on the game, Im intrigued but not sure if I want to buy it yet. I really liked Gemini Rue, but did not enjoy resonance as much as most people. I also have played the first two games in the blackwell series, and liked but not loved them. So should I give this a shot, the demo was fun but not enough to convince me to buy. one of my problems is the voice acting, the main guy regis I think sounds bored during his dialogue, does he get better and can I get some opinions overall, thanks.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

wow just made a post about this game and then boom here is another topic about it

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hah funny, i am playing it right now. I think its great. What part of the game does the demo cover? For me, i really liked the opening sequence with dala, and then i did have kind of a reaction of “Huh?” when it switched over to lao and regis, and did not warm up to it right away. But now im deep into the game and i just think its a wonderfully orchestrated story.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

im pretty sure its the first 2 scenes of the game, yes the first scene was getting the girl out the apartment, than to regis and his partner going to a corporation with the janitor getting thrown out a window (that animation was great by the way) that was one of my problem I didnt buy the Va reaction to seeing that, also one reason I didnt like resonance so much was because there was too much character switching and it seems like this game will have a lot of it.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

there is a lot of character switching, so far i think iv controlled 4 different people. So yeah if that bugs you, maybe not for you. (should be noted though, its not the same as character switching in resonance where you switched during puzzles. So far this is just switching perspectives in the story.)

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

thank you can you tell me anything else without spoiling, I also find most wadjet eye games to be very short

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

zane - 09 August 2015 09:36 PM

there is a lot of character switching, so far i think iv controlled 4 different people. So yeah if that bugs you, maybe not for you. (should be noted though, its not the same as character switching in resonance where you switched during puzzles. So far this is just switching perspectives in the story.)

thanks thats what I did not like in resonance, plus I only really liked 2 of the 4 characters in that game, the girl, and the main police officer

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Iv played it for almost 10 hours. Not sure how close i am to the end. I do like to take my time and listen to optional dialogues. Its not an exploration-heavy game, but it has its moments where it opens up some. My favorite puzzle moments are when dala is the protagonist and solving puzzles using the trance, those are entertaining. But you will see a lot of regis. Hard to say if you will like it.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

finished! i really really really liked this game Smile
The world building, the character and plot design… was just all so excellent. I want to adventure in this world for another 15 hours, because it truly succeeds in making a great setting. I havnt seen the other endings yet so i dont know how true this is, but it felt like my choices mattered and significantly altered the outcome.
Now im really not sure which wadjet published game i like more: primordia or technobabylon.
A few of the puzzles i found… problematic. For example i didnt like that i needed to right click on the cooking gel in vanderwaals apartment to find out it could be… adjusted.. there was nothing to suggest i should try that.. and there was nothing to indicate that it wasnt making the hand the right temperature. The other puzzle that comes to mind: in the last area needing to stop the elevator mid travel to turn the power off… that was awfully sneaky.
But on the whole i really enjoyed the puzzles, again heightened by the excellent plot.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I think this might be my favorite Wadjet Eye story so far. Not the most charming - that would be Blackwell - but the dystopian atmosphere is terrific and the puzzles very solid. They have come a long way since Gemini Rue, which I didn’t care for a whole lot.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

Oscar - 02 February 2016 08:41 AM

I think this might be my favorite Wadjet Eye story so far. Not the most charming - that would be Blackwell - but the dystopian atmosphere is terrific and the puzzles very solid. They have come a long way since Gemini Rue, which I didn’t care for a whole lot.

Can’t understand what do you mean when you say that they have come a long way since Gemini Rue. To me it is the best Wadjet eye game and by looking at the reviews and the amount of praise it got all over the internet it seems to be a Wadjet eye game that is best recieved both by critics and fans.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

El Manny - 02 February 2016 02:30 PM

Can’t understand what do you mean when you say that they have come a long way since Gemini Rue. To me it is the best Wadjet eye game and by looking at the reviews and the amount of praise it got all over the internet it seems to be a Wadjet eye game that is best recieved both by critics and fans.

Hard to beat Gemini, but will finish now after unanimous praise.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

El Manny - 02 February 2016 02:30 PM

Well that’s just my own opinion. Graphically, there’s no doubt an improvement, with each scene imbued with its own special character. The portraits have improved hugely. The shooting is gone and the puzzles are more logical. All round a more professional effort.

I know a lot of people liked Resonance but there was so much busywork in that game and the pacing was poor, that I lost interest. Technobabylon doesn’t have that. It’s much more meat and potatoes and there is food for thought all through the game.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-11-09

PM

Wow, I know I’m really slow but i just played through this a week ago and absolutely loved it! I really liked that interview/article posted above too, interesting to hear his thoughts on the development and process.  I agree a lot with what he had to say about the art style and I absolutely would love to see his future works in a rendered 3D engine pr something like that.  There simply isn’t enough of that in adventure genres.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top