• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Scorn KS - Horror Adventure Game

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/571331118/scorn-episode-one

So this is some independent game not Sony Bend’s game which some of the gamers
initially thought.

An atmospheric first person horror adventure game.

Scorn takes place in open-ended world with different interconnected regions you can explore in a non - linear fashion. Each region is a maze-like structure with various set of rooms and paths to discover. Environment is a character in itself. Every location contains its own theme, puzzles and characters that are integral part of the setting. Open ended and interconnected level design and the sense of isolation that it brings is influenced by games like Metroid Prime, Dark Souls, Ico, etc.

Gameplay trailer in the KS pitch, i know you guys will dig it as much as i do.
This must succeed.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Looks like HR Giger Metroid Prime that sounds awesome.
Hefty goal in todays kickstarter world, Sony should just have funded it.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yep, definitely influenced by H.R. Giger. Cool

200K, though? Doomed from the start, imo. Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

This looks really good, like amnesia on steroids. Really need to get the word out if they want to hit that lofty goal, especially without a demo. However having a lower top tier of 200 could encourage a few high backers. It’s insane the amount of adventure games currently on kickstarter, a lot of competition right on he verge of Christmas.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

So… their wallpaper costs 5 euros extra on the game level, where as game only is 15 euros. Not very well thought of tier structure there, as I doubt that 20 euro level will get many backers. From 30 up though they seem to have pretty nice reward growth.

And yes, I do agree, the art looks stunning, a lot like H.R. Giger. Sadly 200k seems like a steep hill to climb for an adventure project these days.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

nomadsoul - 14 November 2014 03:47 AM

Scorn takes place in open-ended world with different interconnected regions you can explore in a non - linear fashion.

Sounds way too fluffy for my preferences, but I’m sure some folks will love it. I’m a sucker for clear linear narratives and tend to lose interest as soon as I start wandering aimlessly.

I gotta admit that it sure looks fancy though. Smile Those wet spec highlights are a drooler and I’m sure they’ll catch many a backer on the visuals and horror theme alone. But the high goal does seem disconnected to the current realities of KS. (But maybe fans of horror games, rather than adventure games, are still strong backers, and will come running for this one? It could happen.)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Atleast this and Nightcry will live in some form,

We got some good news to share with you. We have managed to acquire funding for development of Scorn after all. Full production starts in February. Since you supported us when we needed it the most, we decide to give everyone who pledged their reward for free (even the physical items) once the game is released. It’s all on us. So send us your email and info to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and we will contact you at the end of the production. Once again, thanks for the support. We will do our best to create a great game.
Ebb Software.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top