• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

That game does look fun. I haven’t had much interest as it was a handheld, but now…I might have to take a closer look.

Ni No Kuni 2 was announced the other day too Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So what i said to soccerdude in an argument last year,

After october PS4 back to top seller in Nov.
Fallout4 rekt Starwars.
And, no TR in top ten lol.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1154795

Sony dropped the ball in fall 2015 lineup.

:p

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 11 December 2015 11:27 AM

Fallout4 rekt Starwars.

Yeah Sony’s console is kicking a$$ even with a very weak fall lineup. One surprise stat though that jumped at me:

Black Ops 3 Xbox One sales > Black Ops 3 PS4 sales

Even with all the deals and map packs and marketing, people still seem to associate that franchise with XBOX.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 11 December 2015 12:50 PM
nomadsoul - 11 December 2015 11:27 AM

Fallout4 rekt Starwars.

Yeah Sony’s console is kicking a$$ even with a very weak fall lineup. One surprise stat though that jumped at me:

Black Ops 3 Xbox One sales > Black Ops 3 PS4 sales

Even with all the deals and map packs and marketing, people still seem to associate that franchise with XBOX.

One surprise stat that jumped at me is Fallout on PS4 outsold PC.
Thats huge, a total PC franchise with hardcore PC fan base.
After Witcher3 my point that PS4 sell more than PC is now fact.
Damn.
  Wink

Edit:

Just realized Destiny rekt Halo5.
I cant even.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 11 December 2015 04:01 PM

Damn.
  Wink

Edit:

I cant even.

Well do these numbers count Steam sales? because most PC gamers now buy games digitally and not in retail.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 11 December 2015 04:34 PM
nomadsoul - 11 December 2015 04:01 PM

Damn.
  Wink

Edit:

I cant even.

Well do these numbers count Steam sales? because most PC gamers now buy games digitally and not in retail.

Doesnt count bundle and digital, which also explains why you see less blops, it was marketing deal with ps4 blops bundle and probably have higher sales plus more digital sales.

So unlike PC , not just digital like psn but also Bundles are not included.

Edit:

Another fun stat,

9 titles are on PS4, 5 on PC.
If you counting digital then Gungho wins.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 07 December 2015 04:07 AM

It’s understandable why mind. Putting the file size a side for a moment, this game will cost an absolute fortune to make and while there is a lot of hype and desire for it, that doesn’t always equal sales that bring much profit.

They don’t seem quite sure how this will work themselves mind, so we’ll have to wait and see. Either way, I can see this getting much bigger sales with the eventual collector’s edition on disc.

As for Yu Suzuki and Shenmue 3, I can’t see it myself Smile

Yu Suzuki has openly admitted he doesn’t follow the gaming industry and is more of a movie person. Judging by some of the terms he’s used in the KS, he’s not lying either. Although, I do wonder if an episodic style would work better for Shenmue as they’d just build the area and use it for each episode and change minor stuff etc. That way, we’d know we’re more likely to get an ending too…

New update of Shenmue3,

That kowloon alternative , good call.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1150053

Come to think of it, the story wont end on S3, so we are still stuck in similar episodic situation with another cliffhanger.

And when can we expect release?
2018?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

For me, it has to be now. After S3, Suzuki needs to just start S4 or we’ll be in a horrible situation like we had with S3 for years. The hype and demand will be at its highest when S3 is released. Start another kickstarter if he has too, but it just needs to happen.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 12 December 2015 02:52 PM

For me, it has to be now. After S3, Suzuki needs to just start S4 or we’ll be in a horrible situation like we had with S3 for years. The hype and demand will be at its highest when S3 is released. Start another kickstarter if he has too, but it just needs to happen.

Imagine reaching to LanDi and he will show us middle finger and run away.
See you in next installment. Neutral

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, that’s basically how this will end if we don’t get S4.

We know Ryo takes on the Chi you men bosses in this one and leaves only Lan Di left in the fourth installment. We roughly know the game doesn’t end with Lan di however. Ryo does battle Lan di and wins, but afterwards, Ryo realises all he’s lost in the process. That’s the true story of Shenmue. A tragic tale of revenge.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 21 October 2015 07:31 PM
SoccerDude28 - 21 October 2015 05:38 PM

Hey Wilco,

How do you rate the Steam Link and Steam Controller so far? Are they worth a purchase?

Steam Link for me absolutely yes, works has intended, I’m able to stream from the desktop PC to the tv without any hiccups. I do have to keep it wired because the wireless network in my house is not very good and it keeps pausing. But using a wired network I never had any problems so far. Been using not just for games but also streaming videos. It’s also possible to hook up various controllers to it like the X360 or Xone, not just the Steam controller.

Steam Controller I’m still undecided. I like it for mimicking the mouse in some cases. Point and click adventures, strategy games seems cool. FPS games I’ve read some opinions it was better than a standard controller but I tried HL2 and failed miserably, mouse+keyboard still much better. Also feels a bit weird at first since I think it’s bigger than than most controllers but I’m getting used to that. Third person games or platformers I always prefer using other controller. Might take a bit of getting used to it. One cool thing is that it’s possible to customize every button it has and also mess with the trackpad sensibility. Than you can save your preferences for each game and even upload it so anyone in steam community can use it. I’ve already seen some cases where I just used something stored in there and was great (Undertale, for example).

I got an early xmas present yesterday of Steam Link and man do I love it Smile It is so awesome to stream my vast library of Steam games onto the big TV, without having to move my PC around every time I do that. My connection is pretty good, so I have the Link connected via wired, and PC through wifi, and the streaming is almost seem less.

Now that the dust has settled, did you wilco or anyone else had a chance to use the Steam Controller for a long time? What is your final judgement on it? I have heard mixed reviews about it online, so I am not sure whether to get it or not. Some say it’s a pain to set up, and the controls are bad, and some say it works great. I would be happy just being able to use it instead of a mouse to play the graphic adventure games on a big screen.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i dunno about steam link… a 25+ ft hdmi cable is still a fraction of the price Tongue

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

zane - 14 December 2015 04:31 PM

i dunno about steam link… a 25+ ft hdmi cable is still a fraction of the price Tongue

That is a good point and I would definitely do that if my one bedroom didn’t already look like a spider’s web Grin

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

SoccerDude28 - 14 December 2015 04:47 PM

That is a good point and I would definitely do that if my one bedroom didn’t already look like a spider’s web Grin

in my case i’d need a network cable just as long!  Laughing

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I went and bought the Steam controller, and I have to say, I am disappointed. I mainly bought it to play adventure games, but the trackpad on the controller is no where as accurate as a mouse. I still definitely prefer to use a mouse over it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top