• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: “Gone Fishing” [ENDED]

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to DarkEye for hosting the quiz!

I died a bit inside when reading some of the solutions.  Cry

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

DarkEye - 04 August 2014 04:44 PM

Thank you all, I had great time!!

Me too! Tongue I had a blast!

Congrats everyone! And if it wasn’t for your prizes, I wouldn’t know what Jerry’s avatar look like (hi Jerry!)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

diego - 04 August 2014 04:53 PM
DarkEye - 04 August 2014 04:44 PM

Thank you all, I had great time!!

Me too! Tongue I had a blast!

Congrats everyone! And if it wasn’t for your prizes, I wouldn’t know what Jerry’s avatar look like (hi Jerry!)

Nice, so we are friends again? Grin

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just seen the answers…...

.....I recognised so many screenshots but just couldn’t remember where from or find!

Anyway, big congratulations to kate me, Becky & Jerry!!!  Heart & thank you DarkEye for (well it was for me) a very challenging & interesting quiz! I did go trout fishing once & was showed how to throw the line (or whatever it is that you do) but the minute there was a tug on the line I threw the rod down!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 04 August 2014 04:59 PM

but the minute there was a tug on the line I threw the rod down!

Smart move! Could have been Nessie instead of the fish!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

The time of my confession:

Pictures I should have known:

#1, #2, #7 Nibiru.. (I knew it!), #24 Indiana Jones & the fate of Atlantis..(How I did not realize?), #45, #57, # 59.

Pictures I would never have guessed:

#12, # 27, # 41, # 46, # 51, # B1, # B3,

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

chrissie - 04 August 2014 04:59 PM

I’ve just seen the answers…...

.....I recognised so many screenshots but just couldn’t remember where from or find!

Anyway, big congratulations to Kate me, Becky & Jerry!!!  Heart & thank you DarkEye for (well it was for me) a very challenging & interesting quiz! I did go trout fishing once & was showed how to throw the line (or whatever it is that you do) but the minute there was a tug on the line I threw the rod down!

Yes chrissie, when this quiz was completed, there was 25 screens more, but all from the
far more obscure games.If I wanted to include them, I should run this quiz for a much longer, but that wasn’t an option because I have no time this week left.In the end, It was far more challenging puzzle that I expected to be in the first place.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nicely done, Darkeye. Only one that annoyed really me having failed in 11.

So long and thanks for all the fish!!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Congratulations to kate me and Jerry!  Laughing  And thanks to DarkEye for the quiz, which I enjoyed immensely.  Grin

My most annoying failure was 60.

I’m curious, DarkEye, if we seemed to guess some of the entries more easily than you expected? And also, if some proved to be much harder than you expected.

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Becky - 04 August 2014 05:14 PM

Congratulations to kate me and Jerry!  thanks to

It’s just funny congrats to kate, me and Jerry Tongue

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Becky, I expected that 37 can’t be guessed without additional image..I was probably
right.And same goes to 54 and 20.But 11 was the biggest surprise, how fast has been identificated.I also wanted to make hall of shame, if you’re unable to find any monkey
island screens…
Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, well, well, the results are actually… nothing to really fret over for me. The games I’ve played yet didn’t guess all used images I wouldn’t have linked to them (apart from 48. TLJ of which I wonder why I didn’t guess it as I certainly knew it was a possibility), but other than that, I’m cool with this. Cool

DarkEye, thanks for a fun quiz! Thumbs Up

And a very big CONGRATULATIONS to kate me, Becky and Jerry!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thumbs Up Congrats, Kate me, Becky and Jerry, and thank you so much for the challenge, DarkEye!  I had a lot of fun with this one.  I missed several that I thought might be there but just couldn’t find a confirming screenshot.  The one that has me slapping my forehead, however, is the answer for 46 that I wrote down just before I shut down the computer last night and then forgot to submit today. Crazy

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Would you recognize B2 now if you compare the same image in colours?

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Thanx, guys! Smile
You all did a good job! I actually like everything sea/ocean related,  I guess that’s why I recognized many at my first post. Some are also my favorites.

@Darkeye
I like the awards, had lots-o-fun with your quiz. And like I said, I was hooked Laughing by it.

The ones I couldn’t remember were: FoA and Al Emmo.

I am baaaaaaaack!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top