• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Oknytt Ending

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2010-09-04

PM

Anyone know what the ending was all about?

What/who was the “insignificant little creature”, and what happened to him and the alva and why, at the end.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Its actually quite simple and doesn’t need a lot of explanation.

The little creature was born on a dark and starless night, and it died at the dawning of the day, never meant to have more than a single night of existence. But in the short time it was allotted, it managed to make a difference and fulfil its very purpose! - The End

A bitter-sweet ending but also a very poetic ending.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2990

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 13 July 2014 01:48 PM

Its actually quite simple and doesn’t need a lot of explanation.

The little creature was born on a dark and starless night, and it died at the dawning of the day, never meant to have more than a single night of existence. But in the short time it was allotted, it managed to make a difference and fulfil its very purpose! - The End

A bitter-sweet ending but also a very poetic ending.

Actually, IMO the small creature was a rock. It was always a rock before the story, one of the rocks in the pillar circle in the beginning. Its existance was indeed for a single night and then, in the light of day it became again what was all the time. Luckily, it fulfilled its purpose. Mind you, Oknytt is a scandinavian word for “goblin”. I want to know if it meant the small creature or if there is any more mythology specifically for it.

Possibly the best game a played this year. A wonderful ending.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2010-09-04

PM

Are those developer quotations? If not you managed to be quite poetic at the spur of the moment.

That is sort of the feeling I got from the ending, I just did not know if it tied into some specific swedish forktales. I looked a little and did not find any creatures born of cairn/grave stones (and I agree with you 100% that the stone he turned into looked like a stone from that pile at the beginning), or any mention of under what circumstances alva grew wings.

Was he the spirit of the recently departed looking for his place in the world (that seemed to be his purpose).
Those rune stones were his powers? Or the powers of some being silently watching over him?

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t know. It’s like the narrator says at the end: Make of it what you will.  I prefer the creature to remain nameless. A history or a name would turn him into something else. From rock the creature came, to rock he returns. He’s a lot like us humans. The sad part that gets to me is that he was looking for his place in the world, like you said, and that he never realized he’d found it.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top