• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Song for Viggo kickstarter

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-10-13

PM

Adventure Gamers have already written about A Song for Viggo and done an interview with the developer, Simon. I just felt it deserved a thread on the forum as well. It promises a unique kind of adventure game experience in both story and art, I think. Help kickstart it!

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Agreed totally. I’m pleased to see an adventure which addresses a challenging, emotional theme for a change as opposed to the usual “Saving the World” conspiracy stories of one vein or another, or another Monkey-Island-ripoff comedy. The only game I can instantly think of which really does so is “To the Moon”. There are undoubtedly other games which have serious emotional themes in them, such as Longest Journey and Dreamfall, GK also to an extent, but nonetheless they aren’t right at the centre of the story.

The paper artwork is also something quite different, that’s for sure! I’m just slightly disappointed that it’s having to work so hard to reach its pretty modest target - I guess a lot of people are put of by a games which is, admittedly, not likely to be a laugh a minute.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-10-13

PM

Very true, Gone Home is probably my most recent experience with games that have an emotional theme as the narrative core. It has some flaws but I thoroughly enjoyed exploring the story (or stories). I hope Viggo will be able to do the same - in paper!

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Seems really unique. Both the serious theme and the paper artwork.
Also I really love the song…
I’ll back it for sure…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top