• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sheesh, Millenia, you have been through the mill!  I wish you a steady recovery and some relaxing game-playing time.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yikes, I wish you a swift recovery, millenia!
And in the meantime, try and enjoy the free time it’s given you… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

My world has just taken a deep dive Embarassed Just 2 weeks ago, I was all happy and bubbly, and then out of nowhere, I discovered I have severe dry eyes. This, it turns out, is a chronic condition that has very few medications. http://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/eye-and-vision-problems/glossary-of-eye-and-vision-conditions/dry-eye?sso=y

I am still not sure what has caused it. My guess would be that I played a few too many games recently and my eyes just crapped on me. My eyes feel very dry, burning, and scratchy every day, and I need to hydrate them with artificial tears at least 4-5 times a day or they will get very dry. The long term prognosis for this from what I’ve seen on the internet looks pretty bad. This might mean not being able to work full time jobs in the future (because of long hour computer use) or even worse, giving up my number one passion in life, video games. Just thinking of that has made me fall into a very deep depression Frown

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It may be from allergies or some other underlying cause, SoccerDude.  Get thee to an opthomologist asap if you haven’t done so already.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

That is horrible SoccerDude. I take it you went to a doctor already so I wish you strength in dealing with this! And I know from experience that in cases like this You just have to wait and hope it doesn’t get worse before some new technology comes along to help you. Good luck!

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lady Kestrel - 24 August 2014 12:15 AM

It may be from allergies or some other underlying cause, SoccerDude.  Get thee to an opthomologist asap if you haven’t done so already.

SoccerDude, I agree with Lady Kestrel. You say this condition appeared out of nowhere, so you should definitely discuss possible causes with an expert. Don’t despair!

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 August 2014 11:35 PM

The long term prognosis for this from what I’ve seen on the internet looks pretty bad.

That’s why you need to see an expert. Doctor Google is unreliable and will only make you panic needlessly with worst-case-scenarios…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I did go to my eye doctor last Monday and she said that my eyes are extremely dry. I will be scheduling an appointment with an ophtholmologist this week to check on my eyes. One thing I do tend to suffer from is anxiety, and I am wondering if I had some innate stress that I did not realize that caused this. You’d be surprised how damaging stress can be to every organ of our body.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And now Richard Attenborough has died. Frown

He’s an Academy Award winning director, but everybody knows him better as the loveable rich grandpa in Jurassic Park (or perhaps even as Santa Claus in Miracle on 34th Street)... Tongue

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Spared no expense!
Well, he lived to a ripe old age. We will miss him though.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

They actually found out about my intracranial hypertension because of my eye symptoms and having an ophthalmologist take a look at my eyegrounds. Eventually the damage would have started to make me blind. So I definitely also recommend meeting your friendly neighbourhood eye doctors, in every case when there’s something strange going on.

Now to get some sleep so I can play more tomorrow Smile
Too bad there’s still cooking and laundry and things like that that don’t go away even when you’re not in full health.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

TimovieMan - 25 August 2014 04:13 PM

And now Richard Attenborough has died. Frown

He’s an Academy Award winning director, but everybody knows him better as the loveable rich grandpa in Jurassic Park (or perhaps even as Santa Claus in Miracle on 34th Street)... Tongue

It’s a bit spooky how the “celebrities die in threes” rule actually seems to apply Gasp

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I watched some of the Emmy Awards last night, and the In Memorium section was very touching.  They showed photos and clips of all the stars, directors, writers, producers, and other tv personalities who died this year.  It ended with Billy Crystal doing a wonderful tribute to Robin Williams.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 26 August 2014 01:56 PM

It ended with Billy Crystal doing a wonderful tribute to Robin Williams.

Thanks for bringing that up. Billy Crystal might just be the ideal Emmy/Oscar host, so having him do a tribute is bound to be good (and definitely respectful).
I just watched it, and it’s precisely that…

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Between all the TV shows that babies like - Teletubbies, Dora the Explorer, anything on Nick Jr., anything by Studio 100 (especially Bumba), etc. - my daughter’s favourite skit is this one:

The Muppets - Mahna Mahna

I call that a victory! Cool

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top