• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Missing Pendulo Studio

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2014-05-08

PM

Hi guys,

I’ve played many adventures games these last years, especially “point and click” games.

What really made me dive into this kind of games was the very first runaway’s episode “a road adventure”.
Of course, I’ve finished this triad many times. Can’t even count how many times I’ve replayed the whole serie.

Afterward, I also went through all the pendulo’s games (the next big thing, Yesterday). Enjoyed it and played it many times too.

I Know there’re many other funny point and click games. But I’ve never found any games that gave me this feeling you have when you put your good old slippers.

For now, I really miss the pendulo’s touch and sadly I haven’t eared fresh news about any project coming from them.

Does anybody know if they are planning anything after the “day one” failure ?

Thanks for your attention

By the way, here is a short list of all the games I’ve (re) played lastly:
- Book of unwritten tales
- critters adventure
- Broken Sword 1 2 3 4 5(1 and 2)
- Memento mori
- secret files 1 2 3
- blackwell series (1 2 3 4 5)
- Black mirror 1 2
- the wolf amongst us 1 2
- Monkey Island
- Day of the tentacles
- the walking dead
- resonance
- Myst games
- discworld 1 2
- syberia
-The Longest Journey
- Broken Age : Acte 1 and 2
- Lost Chronicles of Zerzura
- The Raven : Legacy of a Master Thief
- deponia 1 2 3
- rainy day
- so blond
- back to the future 1 2 3 4 5
- a new beginning
- gray matter
- lost horizon
- tex murphy (all) I’m currently running through the last one
- And for sure, every pendulo’s games
- and many other I probably forget

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

catchatpas - 08 May 2014 10:37 AM

Hi guys,

I’ve played many adventures games these last years, especially “point and click” games.

What really made me dive into this kind of games was the very first runaway’s episode “a road adventure”.
Of course, I’ve finished this triad many times. Can’t even count how many times I’ve replayed the whole serie.

Afterward, I also went through all the pendulo’s games (the next big thing, Yesterday). Enjoyed it and played it many times too.

I Know there’re many other funny point and click games. But I’ve never found any games that gave me this feeling you have when you put your good old slippers.

For now, I really miss the pendulo’s touch and sadly I haven’t eared fresh news about any project coming from them.

- critters adventure
- Memento mori
- secret files 1 2 3
- Black mirror 1 2
- Monkey Island
- Day of the tentacles
- the walking dead
- resonance
- Myst games
- discworld 1 2
- syberia
-The Longest Journey
- Broken Age : Acte 1 and 2- Lost Chronicles of Zerzura
- The Raven : Legacy of a Master Thief
- deponia 1 2 3
- rainy day
- so blond
- a new beginning
- gray matter
- lost horizon

and how do you think of BA act 2?

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Why again did you feel a sudden urge to post your “short” list of games which
did you (re)played so many times? Just want to tell us how good gamer are you maybe?
It could be that I’m just too dumb to find any connection between pondulo and
your game list.

Joined 2014-05-08

PM

DarkEye - 08 May 2014 02:59 PM

Why again did you feel a sudden urge to post your “short” list of games which
did you (re)played so many times? Just want to tell us how good gamer are you maybe?
It could be that I’m just too dumb to find any connection between pondulo and
your game list.

Not at all! I think you missed my point, and personally I’m not proud playing games.
I’m even a bit a shame to spend to much time on it. And honestly most of the time I keep for myself.

It’s more to pinpoint the fact that I’ve (I think) played many(to many) games, and I’ve never found anything similar to pendulo’s games. That’s all.

Now if it does bother you just pass your way

Joined 2014-05-08

PM

Advie - 08 May 2014 02:50 PM
catchatpas - 08 May 2014 10:37 AM

Hi guys,

- critters adventure
- Memento mori
- secret files 1 2 3
- Black mirror 1 2
- Monkey Island
- Day of the tentacles
- the walking dead
- resonance
- Myst games
- discworld 1 2
- syberia
-The Longest Journey
- Broken Age :
- Lost Chronicles of Zerzura
- The Raven : Legacy of a Master Thief Acte 1 and 2
- deponia 1 2 3
- rainy day
- so blond
- a new beginning
- gray matter
- lost horizon

and how do you think BA act 2?

I missed my line it was the Raven : Legacy of a Master Thief Acte 1 and 2

By the way I’ve begun the act 3 and not finished it yet.
But it’s not the topic here

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Good riddance, I say. Vacuous, brainless adventure games.

Joined 2014-05-08

PM

Zifnab - 09 May 2014 08:05 AM

Good riddance, I say. Vacuous, brainless adventure games.

For pendulo’s games ???

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Yeah. Okay, Runaway 1 was alright but the rest of their stuff is awful.

Joined 2014-05-08

PM

Zifnab - 09 May 2014 08:39 AM

Yeah.

Ok, it’s your opinion, and I see you’ve got many arguments ...

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Runaway games are so underrated on this forums.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I can´t really say I care for Pendulo´s games myself. I never did enjoy their style of humour. I´ve only played through 2 of their games, Hollywood Monsters and Runaway 1, both were okay, but not stellar. I never finished Runaway 2.

Their games always feel like they try too hard to be funny. Like they´ve been written by people constantly asking “this is funny,right?” Without fully realising how comedy and timing works.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

tomimt - 09 May 2014 09:27 AM

Their games always feel like they try too hard to be funny. Like they´ve been written by people constantly asking “this is funny,right?” Without fully realising how comedy and timing works.

Well Yesterday wasn’t meant to be funny and The Next Big Thing was outright hilarious, in fact one of the funniest games I have played in many years. But I Guess humour varies and not everybody around the world laughs at the same things.

Anyway I agree with the OP, it is a pity that Pendulo is gone.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2012-12-05

PM

After the Day One crowdfunding failure, they said that it wasn’t the end. So, I guess, it’s just a matter of time till we have some news (one does not simply walk away from a failure, plan the next step is very important).

As for the sense of humor of the games: depends on your taste.

Favorite Games: Blackwell Series, Gemini Rue, To the Moon, Yesterday.
Playing now: Gods Will Be Watching.
Next to play: Analogue: A Hate Story.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

They still have a website so they are still around.

Yesterday got released on ios and got rave reviews. I got it and loved it. A great game.

So - I’d guess we’ll at least see more ios posts at a minimum.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I liked Yesterday a lot really. Runaway was okay, the sequel was really boring. Third game seemed a bit better and I will play it eventually, just not very high on my list. But if they made more stuff like Yesterday, I’m all game. It wasn’t really a comedy at all so I guees that’s why it seems clearly better.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’m one of the few people on here who actually likes Pendulo’s games. I don’t know why they’re so disliked on this fourm. When the English version of Runaway was released in 2004, it was a breath of fresh air. Finally, a new beautiful, skillfully handpainted, traditional adventure, a combobreaker to the long line of horrid early-time 3D monstrosities that was dominating the genre at the time, though, I must admit, I think Brian is a bit annoying. While I think none of Pendulos later games could quite live up to the first Runaway, I still enjoyed all of them, and I was probably one of the most eager backers of the Day One crowdfunding campaign. A real shame they didn’t make it, it seemed like quite a promising game.

Most of the games I could think of recommending to a Pendulo fan is already in your list. If you speak Spanish, you might wanna check out the catalogue of Alchachofa Soft, another Spanish adventure game developer (their latest title, Murder in the Abbey, has been released in English. There’s also an English version of Drascula, but stay away from that, unless you’re looking for involuntary comedy (horrible, horrible translation and voice acting)).

You’d might also want to check out Autumn Moon games, Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island and A Vampire story. A different atmosphere form Pendulo’s games, but with similarly beautifully handpainted backgrounds.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top