• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Seems really promising.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Oh, I don’t know… A platformer where the ENTIRE game is an ice level?

It looks really good. Not every cinematic platformer needs to feel melancholic but Never Alone appears to be grounded in a folk lore that’s rarely explored. Could be unique.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Nice setting! Although the game doesn’t look too authentic to me. I’d like to read more info on the research they’ve done. Currently it looks like an “inspired by” platformer, very similar to an old Pocahontas game by Funcom.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2013-04-25

PM

I’ve been waiting for this game when I first heard about it almost a year ago. They are the first indigenous owned game company. http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/8/21/4594372/native-american-games

Games Played: Ace Attorney (PW 1-3, Apollo Justice, Miles Investigation), Hotel Dusk and Last Window, Professor Layton (Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Unwound Future, Lost Specter), 999 and Zero Escape, Walking Dead S1-2, Trace Memory, Area-X, Time Hollow, Ghost Trick, Indian Jones FoA   Currently Playing: Portal 2, PL - Miracle Mask, Dangan Ronpa

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Can I call it now and say the fox will die? Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

For fans of games like Two Brothers, it is described as an ‘atmospheric puzzle platformer’ but I’m not sure if AdventureGamers will consider it an adventure. The gameplay is very similar to Two Brothers. No deaths - you can die but you are taken to the last checkpoint which is always very recent.

Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) is the first game developed in collaboration with the Iñupiat, an Alaska Native people. Nearly 40 Alaska Native elders, storytellers and community members contributed to the development of the game. Play as a young Iñupiat girl and an arctic fox as they set out to find the source of the eternal blizzard which threatens the survival of everything they have ever known.

Guide both characters in single-player mode or play cooperatively with a friend or family member as you trek through frozen tundra, leap across treacherous ice floes, swim through underwater ice caverns, and face numerous enemies both strange and familiar in the journey to save the girl’s village.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Huh. I did a search beforehand and nothing came up. Oh well, not the first time that’s happened.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 12 December 2014 03:40 AM

Huh. I did a search beforehand and nothing came up. Oh well, not the first time that’s happened.

Consider both threads merged.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Oscar - 12 December 2014 12:19 AM

For fans of games like Two Brothers, it is described as an ‘atmospheric puzzle platformer’ but I’m not sure if AdventureGamers will consider it an adventure. The gameplay is very similar to Two Brothers.

Never Alone is decent but not by far as good as Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Also I had a lot of technical problems (stability, control, graphical). But I loved the bonus videos about culture - I already had deep respect toward Inuit people, and now its even stronger.

NA needs to much precision and quick reflexes like needed in most platformers to be considered pure adventure, imho (it’s been a while since I played fast games so I was struggling in some places). The gameplay is quite different from TB - it’s a sidescroller and you control one character at time.

What’s more similar is Last Inua - 2D puzzle platformer also about Inuit culture. It was originally released on AppStore back in May, but couple of days ago also on Steam. So far I’m enjoying LI at least as much (edit: of course, right after I said I’m enjoying Last Inua, the next level I get is extremely frustrating floating! AAARGHH!).

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

lewuz - 13 December 2014 08:18 AM

Never Alone is decent but not by far as good as Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Also I had a lot of technical problems (stability, control, graphical). But I loved the bonus videos about culture - I already had deep respect toward Inuit people, and now its even stronger.

NA needs to much precision and quick reflexes like needed in most platformers to be considered pure adventure, imho (it’s been a while since I played fast games so I was struggling in some places). The gameplay is quite different from TB - it’s a sidescroller and you control one character at time.

I think both are intended to be played in co-op mode. Anyway I had the same experience as you - not quite as good as A Tale of Two Sons, but really nice anyway and some interesting cultural insights. I would have liked the gameplay in both games to be more puzzle-based rather than performing timed actions.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Oscar - 13 December 2014 04:24 PM

I think both are intended to be played in co-op mode. Anyway I had the same experience as you - not quite as good as A Tale of Two Sons, but really nice anyway and some interesting cultural insights. I would have liked the gameplay in both games to be more puzzle-based rather than performing timed actions.

Timed actions in Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons were much more forgiving imho, it was easy game. But perfect as it was. Emphasis was on story, and puzzles didn’t ruin the rhythm.
But, Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons is single player only, no co-op. Never Alone and Last Inua are co-op ready.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top