• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDalegrizzlypantsLadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New VR Release - The revival of Point & Click?

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Monolith - 25 March 2014 11:17 PM

Kinda tired about discussing this subject everywhere. I think there is enough valid points from professionals stating how this is probably the best thing to happen to VR. Plus, most negative responses have been nothing but baseless accusations, knee-jerk reactions, and trolling.

Viva La Metaverse!

Tad - 25 March 2014 06:23 PM

I wonder how fast it took for John Cormack to pack his bags Smile

What do you mean? He’s completely fine with it.

Here’s the 30 minute conference call from the acquisition. Its nothing short of passionate people wanting to make things happen.

http://www.shareholder.com/visitors/event/build3/stage/stage.cfm?mediaid=63723&mediauserid=0

VR was never about just playing games, but somehow thats what everyone expected. Every VR cyberpunk thriller in history explains its purpose as a lifestyle. Both interactive entertainment, virtual worlds, multiplayer experiences, pretty much a non-violent MMO in most cases where people chat and share.

So it only makes sense we make that jump now into the progressive future.

In the end, who in the right mind would think Oculus will randomly become a closed platform, include microtransactions, force sign in to facebook and have ads popup? Some people literally think thats what will happen. Most if not all of the complaints are from non-developers (except for notch, but he’s always been the knee-jerk type of person. Plus he’s a total a-hole).

Developers on the otherhand see that because of this, their audience increases exponentially. Its a win win.

I withdraw my previous comment Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Palmer Addresses all the issues.

http://kotaku.com/oculus-addresses-some-of-the-internets-biggest-concern-1552003153

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I was excited about Oculus Rift and I would have bought one the moment it became available for ordinary consumers. But now I’m not so sure I’ll buy it. I don’t care what Mr. Fakebook Sugarmountain says about Oculus, people like that will say anything. Facebook is not to be trusted.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 28 March 2014 01:58 PM

I don’t care what Mr. Fakebook Sugarmountain says about Oculus, people like that will say anything. Facebook is not to be trusted.

This guy knows whats up.

Good article, again read comments

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-26-oculus-rift-step-into-the-game-step-out-with-two-billion-dollars

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks for the link, nomadsoul. I’m more than ever convinced that my Kickstarter days are over. I have no problem with crowdfunding in general, just with the Kickstarter version which is based on the goodwill, enthousiasm and generosity of totally powerless backers.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top