• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Need some quick opinions on the next adventure to try.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

youfightlikeadairyfarmer - 27 February 2014 06:41 PM

Resonance is definitely going to be my next buy. Great call on TWD, I just finished season one on my PSVita and I loved it (and I’m extremely critical of the show). Thank you.

Glad I could help!

But I have to say, these two statements conflict greatly:

I don’t think I could handle GK2 anyway, something about FMV has always just made me cringe.

I definitely want to make sure I’ve played all the classics

GK2 is rated the #3 adventure game of all time on the adventuregamers top 100 list.

And I love GK1 as much as anyone, but it’s basically impossible for me to choose between the two.  You should give it a shot sometime.  Many many people consider it the best FMV game ever made.

... And now, after typing all of this, I scroll down and see others have said the same thing.  Yum

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Detective Mosely - 28 February 2014 09:40 AM

GK2 is rated the #3 adventure game of all time on the adventuregamers top 100 list.

And I love GK1 as much as anyone, but it’s basically impossible for me to choose between the two.  You should give it a shot sometime.  Many many people consider it the best FMV game ever made.

And many doesn’t Smile, but I agree the all three GK games are classics, that everybody should play at least once.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Iznogood - 28 February 2014 10:04 AM
Detective Mosely - 28 February 2014 09:40 AM

And many doesn’t Smile, but I agree the all three GK games are classics, that everybody should play at least once.

The Pandora Directive is a great great game too.  Definitely the two uber-classic FMV games in my book.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Broken Sword: Serpent’s Curse - Is this any good compared to the first? I’m a little wary of it being episodes since that usually means small locations, simple puzzles, etc.

GK3: Blood of some stuff - Is this anything like the original or is it just a hot mess?

I enjoyed BK:Serpent’s Curse. It was like playing the original - but better. It is only in 2 parts so this one is pretty substantial.

G3K is in it’s own way a classic adventure game. I liked the original better but this one has it’s moments too. 

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-01-17

PM

I enjoyed GK1 & GK2 but was a bit turned off by the clunky blocky looking 3d graphics of GK3 when i saw the trailer so i never picked it up.

Total Posts: 4256

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

And you missed the great story beneath the ‘clunky blocky looking 3D graphics’.
It’s your loss.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top