• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Origami - 08 March 2015 09:30 AM

At times almost felt like I was playing a fan-fiction story.

yep, but its still not as bad as the fan fiction of layton vs phoenix Tongue

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

For comparison, I would say the relationship between Danganronpa 1& 2 is like the relationship between the two Gremlins films. The sequel plays with the formula but it takes nothing away from the first title, which is also very good.

This is statement I could not agree with more - you could play these games back to back and really enjoy them.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It turns out 200,000 copies of Danganronpa have sold across Europe and the U.S. to evil gaijin devils:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/japanese-visual-novel-danganronpa-sells-200-000-units-in-the-west/0148734

“Combined sales of the first two Danganronpa titles – Trigger Happy Havoc and Goodbye Despair – now total more than 200,000 across Europe and the US,” Yamashita told MCV.

“That’s just on PS Vita – it’s quite an impressive number.”

Pretty consistent with a successful adventure game, no? Really good result for a Vita game.

And more good news:

“NISA is known for publishing niche JRPGs like Disgaea, but now we’re shifting the system towards visual novels after the success of Danganronpa.”

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

“NISA is known for publishing niche JRPGs like Disgaea, but now we’re shifting the system towards visual novels after the success of Danganronpa.”

Happy to read that.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The psvita was quite the happy buy for me thanks to great adventure games like dangan ronpa and dangan ronpa 2. Reminds me of the great Nintendo ds adventure games hotel dusk and the last window.

I do hope the ps vita does get a few more gems like these I would buy them day one.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn, megaton.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1083928

Please be True.
The thought of sitting in a trial with Takada music and arguments floating around you.

Man, Morpheus killerapp.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not a big surprise but Danganronpa 2 is confirmed for PC/Steam release

By this tweet it probably won’t take long

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Great news for PC owners. The 2nd one is just as amazing as the first one.

Now they just need to release the upcoming third release for the PC as well.

Heart

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

April 18!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That is really fast.
I wonder if Another Episode will be ported, I doubt it because of the different engine.
But Danganronpa 3 will probably be released on PC, maybe even on the same date as the consoles versions

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s out on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/413420/

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Played for a few hours. I’m a bit disappointed that they decided to redo the same stuff but with a different class. The prologue and the beginning of the first chapter are mostly busy rushing through the first game’s plot points (Killings! Trials! Memory loss! Traitor! Distrust! DESPAIR!!!), which feels pretty underwhelming (and like retreading a lot of old ground, especially when game 1 is still very fresh for me), but I’m hoping that things will pick up once this is all out of the way and the game starts being its own thing.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

but I’m hoping that things will pick up once this is all out of the way and the game starts being its own thing.

Some people like the 2nd one better than the first. The 2nd has an amazing story once you get further along. The 2 games are similar in the beginning, yes, but then the 2nd one takes off and gets VERY interesting.

I myself have played both several times and I’m waiting for the third one.

Heart

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I haven’t finished the second yet, but so far, I do prefer the first one. The second one treads a path that is a little too similar to the first, and it is not as impactful as experiencing it the first time. Still a really solid game though.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It’s always hard to imagine where this series could go in future instalments as the mysteries become less ambiguous.

I thought the first one was more cohesive than the second. However, the second has one of the best character arcs regarding a specific student.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top