• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zero Escape 3 Now Official! 

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

If they are making a teaser going on for months for a localizations and not ZE3… riots will happen

zane - 29 April 2015 07:51 PM
Origami - 29 April 2015 05:59 PM

303-201 = 42

lol, what.

ok i think what youre friend was saying… theres 42 days between now and when it started…. and that times 2.45 would be 102… but the counter doesnt change every day anyway….
so…yeah…. Tongue
Theres been a few theories trying to link the timing to radical 6… doesnt really add up.

Theories seem to be out of control Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I hope so this series deserves another game maybe go ps4 and ps vita this time.

Although this series has always been for handhelds so how it would look and play on the ps4 is anyone’s guess.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Mikekelly - 30 April 2015 06:59 PM

I hope so this series deserves another game maybe go ps4 and ps vita this time.

Although this series has always been for handhelds so how it would look and play on the ps4 is anyone’s guess.

I’m not really sure the added costs of bringing it to PS4 as well would be worth it. It would require much higher quality assets, which takes time and money.

It’d probably either be 3DS/Vita again, Nintendo’s next handheld and Vita, or just Vita.

In Japan currently the largest market for visual novels and games of that ilk is on the Vita and PC. Since neither of the first two were on PC that’s probably not going to happen, and as such I don’t see a PS3 or PS4 version either.

I hope I’m wrong, though, and they’ll surprise with a re-release of the first two games for PC and then later the third as a multiplatform release on NX/Vita/PS3/PS4/PC for maximum sales potential.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

For concistency sake the third one should just be released on a portable.
No need to have a visual novel on an xx inch tv-screen.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

As long as there’s a 3DS release, I’ll be happy. As much as Nintendo screwed up the memory management on the New 3DS, it’s still my visual novel/RPG console of choice.

But will they actually be able to make the ending of VLR make sense? Do I even want it to make sense? I only hope they manage a plot that’s as completely insane as the predecessors….

...assuming this really is a sequel teaser and not, you know, a teaser for Zero the Third Teaches Typing.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The 3DS version of this game sold very poorly compared to the VITA version - I heard 6 to 1 VITA to 3DS.

You could even go ipad and VITA actually if you wanted to keep it on handhelds.

Phoenx Wright Dual Destinies was amazing on my ipad mini.

The PSVITA gets lots and lots of adventure games/visual novels:

1) Broken Age just got released for it.

2) Code: Realize Guardian of Rebirth - an award winning visual novel/adventure game is coming west this fall.

http://worthplaying.com/article/2015/4/28/news/95713/

Heart Eyes

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Mikekelly - 03 May 2015 08:58 PM

The 3DS version of this game sold very poorly compared to the VITA version - I heard 6 to 1 VITA to 3DS.

interesting. Where have you heard that? I was under the impression it sold quite well on the 3ds (at least in the US). And the 3ds version definitely sold more than the vita version in japan.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The woman who manages the Gamestop near me said her Nintendo rep had stated that most third party developers did not want to publish M-rated games on the Wii U and 3DS due to poor sales - almost all of them selling 1/6th of what Sony sells of the same title.

She said my favorite game on the 3DS - Resident Evil Revelations - the sequel Resident Evil Revelations 2 was not published on Nintendo at all due to poor sales of the first one compared to consoles sales on Sony and Microsoft.

Anyway, I do know that what I’ve seen for Japanese sales of Virtue’s Last Reward are TERRIBLE and I can see how funding for a third one would be difficult.

Dangan Ronpa 1 and 2 sold well in both Japan and US.

Sony does fund developers - I’d go that route and do a PSN only publication if no other options are available.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Mikekelly - 03 May 2015 10:05 PM

The woman who manages the Gamestop near me said her Nintendo rep had stated that most third party developers did not want to publish M-rated games on the Wii U and 3DS due to poor sales - almost all of them selling 1/6th of what Sony sells of the same title.

that may be true for some titles, but i doubt it very much here. The fan boards for the game also show the 3ds version as having a lot more players.

Theres many more 3ds owners in general… its hard to believe that 1/6th stat applies very often.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

With no official sales published by anyone, we can only guess:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=virtue’s+last+reward

One last point, the 3DS version has a bad bug in it that completely deletes your save game and I know more than a few people who bought the VITA version because it was much more bug free.

The lack of third party support for Nintendo especially M-rated games is a big topic of conversation:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856066

FYI…I have the following - Nintendo Dsi XL - 104 games, 80 of them adventure games. PSVITA - 98 games, 42 of them adventure games. New 3DS XL - 54 games, none of them adventure games.

I won’t say anymore on this issue - it’s off topic.

Now for VLR, I’d love to even see a low-budget release, any kind of finish to this story would be much appreciated. VLR was my favorite adventure game of 2012 and others feel the same way.

Heck, PSN only, steam only, apps store only, I’d take anything.

Heart

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The teaser countdown is actually finishing tomorrow:
http://4infinity.co/

It’s actually pointing to ZE3?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1074182

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv been following this very closely… for almost 4 months Frown
And id say its still very up in the air.
The most compelling link to ZE came recently with the CQD on the site page (and the D being posted by uchikoshi in morse code). CQD is largely known for being the distress call the titanic used. and in 999 the inventor of the nonary game is obsessed with the titanic.
Still, aksys hasnt come close to saying anything definitive about it.
And still would seem unlikely that aksys would be the one announcing a ze3.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Come on, zane, don’t destroy hopes Smile

Look at this, I’ve no idea what is going on but it has ZE3 all over it

(Or one of the longest trolling ever…)

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yeah basically iv concluded its probably ZE related just because i dont want to believe aksys is that cruel or oblivious to let the wrong speculation grow for 4 months Grin
This teaser sure was a mess though.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

To make it a total mess the scheduled stream didn’t work!!

But at least it confirmed Zero Escape 3!!!!!!!! Summer 2016

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top