• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

so wheres spaceventure?

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

been looking forward to the reunion of the 2guys from andromeda..  any news on the release date?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I think its’ due for release some point in 1989.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

What we’ve seen so far has looked very early alpha, so I wouldn’t hold my breath. The more time they get, the better the chance the game turns out good, and it looks like they still really need a lot of time. Question is, what will they do when the money runs out? (and I suspect it may allready have).

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

As Dag mentions, I don’t believe they’ve given a release window yet.

Many of the team’s Kickstarter updates are public, if you would like to keep tabs on the project.

(The updates occasionally include screenshots and work-in-progress video footage, though the demo and some posts on the SVRewards site are backers-only.)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

They’re still doing bi-monthly updates, so thats a good sign, just not a lot s progress so far.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Lucien21 - 15 December 2013 02:53 PM

I think its’ due for release some point in 1989.

now we just need that kickstarter for a time machine to start…

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The progress of this particular project has been much slower than I’d hoped, that’s for sure. But assuming they’ve now gotten past most of the engine issues, they might actually start churning the game out with more haste.

I do like the art they’ve shown thus far though, so I am cautiously optimistic.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

everybody is catching up with an account to SVRewards would know that Scott is busy with his family “tough times as he says” and Mark with his crew had finished all the art work of the game ... and anyone who is very familiar with Mark time at Sierra knows that he was behind almost everything or at least credited in many sierra’s titles beside Space Quest(s) ,from the very start (or at the least after Mystery house) from King’s Quest(s), Leisure Suit Larry(s), to Police Quest(s), how much you see he would be outdated for his non-work time (decade) away from the genre and gaming in general would be better put aside and all regain the trust in the man who was the master of all sierra’s engines .

These images I believe not many had seen or maybe all did

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 15 December 2013 06:02 PM

Mark with his crew had finished all the art work of the game ...

You must have understood something wrong, the art work for the game is not yet finished, there’s still a lot of work to do, this is confirmed even in the new update.

Same with Scott thing…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 17 December 2013 04:38 PM

Mark with his crew had finished all the art work of the game ...

You must have understood something wrong, the art work for the game is not yet finished, there’s still a lot of work to do, this is confirmed even in the new update.

Same with Scott thing…

I can swear I read the part about mark but I looked again and its yea only 3/4 of the way through the game.
but for the part about Scott ‘busy with the family and other stuf’ is from his FB account as he is my friend there.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

This project feels very disorganized. It feels like they’re kind of making the game up as they go along, which is probably pretty close to how they used to work at Sierra, but it’s problematic in modern game development where little changes can take a lot of time and have major implications.

I like what they’ve done so far, but I just don’t get the feeling there’s any kind of real timetable for the finished product, which makes it hard to measure progress. This project sorely needs a producer.

I’m still cautiously optimistic, as I love Space Quest and I think Mark and Scott are very talented, but I’ve definitely seen this one slide down my hype list behind projects that seem to have a more definite sense of progress.

everybody is catching up with an account to SVRewards would know that Scott is busy with his family “tough times as he says” and Mark with his crew had finished all the art work of the game ... and anyone who is very familiar with Mark time at Sierra knows that he was behind almost everything or at least credited in many sierra’s titles beside Space Quest(s) ,from the very start (or at the least after Mystery house) from King’s Quest(s), Leisure Suit Larry(s), to Police Quest(s), how much you see he would be outdated for his non-work time (decade) away from the genre and gaming in general would be better put aside and all regain the trust in the man who was the master of all sierra’s engines .

Mark was never away from gaming, he worked at Pipeworks up until the Kickstarter for SpaceVenture. Mark’s a definite pro, I think he absolutely knows what he’s doing. But the lack of a producer on this project shows.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Frogacuda - 17 December 2013 07:29 PM

But the lack of a producer on this project shows.

Yeah, Pope definetly doesn’t fill that part. He comes out too much of a fanboy. The way this project has been progressing makes it clear why producers place demands.

I’m still hoping for a good game from all this, but my overall interest is slipping gradually further and further.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

i see. thats disappointing, i am still as excited about this project as i always was… but i hope they manage to complete it within some reasonable time span.  i am not in love with the ace hardway character but i really do love the 2.5d looking graphic style.  the screens are very nice.  i missed out on backing almost all of the projects i was most interested in im sorry to say but i am still eager for them to be released.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top