• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What choices did you make in season 1 of The Walking Dead and why?

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING.  Exit this thread immediately if you haven’t played season 1 of The Walking Dead.

With the new season right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to hear what choices everyone made and why.

Also, if you had an overall philopshy behind your choices, share a bit about what that was.

Note:  Please don’t use this as a thread to criticize or argue about the game.  If you aren’t interested in talking about the choices people made, please leave and let those that are have their fun.

_________

Episode 1:

1. Carley or Doug?

Episode 2:

2. Did you shoot the woman in the woods?

3. Did you help Kenny kill Larry?

4. Did you kill Danny?  (killer #1)

5. Did you beat Andy (killer #2) to death or let him live?

6. Did you take the supplies from the station wagon?

Episode 3:

7. Did you shoot the doomed girl or use her distraction to get more supplies?

This one wasn’t considered a major question by the game, but this was one of the toughest decisions for me:

8. Katja asked me what happened in the meatlocker from episode 2, because Kenny wouldn’t tell her.  Would you tell her in this situation?

9. Did you inform the group about your status as a convicted felon?

10. After Lily’s shooting incident, did you leave her by the side of the road or take her along?

11. Did you take care of Duck or make Kenny do it?  (note: you’re a heartless bastard if you did the latter Yum)

Episode 4:

12. Did you bring Clem to Crawford with you?

13. Did you let Ben go or pull him up?

14. Did you tell the group about the bite?

Episode 5:

15. Did you chop off Lee’s arm?

16. Who did you say should raise Clementine?

17. And finally, did you have Clem leave you or shoot you?

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

My overall philosophy in the game:

I don’t agree at all with people that feel that there’s no morality in a situation like this, and you should just do whatever it takes to survive.  Doing the right thing is ALWAYS important.

But the extreme situation obviously changes everything.  Sometimes you have to do something bad on some level for the greater good.  It’s hard to figure out what the right thing is to do, but I always had that as a goal.

And in general I strived to be what I’d consider a perfect leader in a situation like this.  One that wasn’t afraid to get his hands dirty, but was also a man that you could trust unconditionally.  And obviously I tried to be the best father I could to Clem.

1. Carley or Doug?

Carley.  She had saved the day numerous times already with her shooting, and she seemed like a much more interesting character.

Of course not.  I had guessed the cannibal plotline almost immediately, and she just confirmed my suspicions.

No.  I hated Larry as much as anyone, but I thought Kenny was really really really wrong there.

What he stupidly failed to realize was that even if Larry died there should be time to smash his head AFTER that happens.  What he did was barely better than pure cold blooded murder.

Yes.  I know some people will disagree with this one as they don’t think killing is ever justified, but here’s my reasoning.  This is a world with no legal system anymore.  If you let this family get away, there’s nothing to stop them from doing this again and again, killing countless people.

I thought they must be stopped for the greater good.  Letting them go on and keep killing innocents would’ve been an awful thing to do.  Much worse than killing a killer.

No, but this was a different situation because Clem was watching.  Having her watch Lee beat a man to death with his bare hands would’ve been traumatizing to her, and my responsibilities as a father took the forefront over my responsibilities as a citizen of this new world.  Plus, unlike with the previous situation there was no real risk of him continuing to slaughter innocents on this farm, with his family members dead and the place ruined.

I don’t really like the idea of letting him walk away and potentially kill more innocents, but it seemed much less risky than before.

Yes.  Taking things that don’t belong to you is wrong obviously, but as a leader of a group that’s starving, you have responsibilities to take care of them too.  And with no idea who owns this stuff or where they are, or if they’re even alive, I felt like not taking that stuff would be pretty ridiculous.

I certainly wouldn’t want a leader that would let his group starve just in case those people were going to come back ...

Would’ve been a different matter if they had to forcefully steal from someone though.  I doubt I would’ve done that, no matter who they were.

Honestly, I don’t remember what I chose the very first time here.  I think I tried both and then decided to go with the killing her one.  But I can see both sides.  Really a shitty spot to be in.  Both options suck.

8. Katja asked me what happened in the meatlocker from episode 2, because Kenny wouldn’t tell her.  Would you tell her in this situation?

This one literally made me pause the game for 5 minutes to think about it.  Because I strongly disagreed with what Kenny did and felt like Katja, as his wife, deserved to know.  But then I realized that we were in a tough enough situation already, and telling her would accomplish little but making her life (and everyone else’s) only that much tougher.  So I decided to tell her that it wasn’t my place to say.

I’m glad I made that choice.  After her suicide I may have felt partly responsible if I had previously crushed her by revealing the truth about Kenny.

Yeah.  Carley made some good points.  (as she usually did)  She really seemed to be the most sensible member of the group, and was my favorite character after Lee and Clem.

10. Did you leave Lily by the side of the road or take her along?

I was so flipping irate at this point that I may have shot her myself if given the option.  Yeah, I had no problems leaving Lily beside the road.  I can’t believe so many people brought her along.

Killing someone in cold blood for absolutely NO REASON (less than 1/10th the reason that Kenny had) is completely unacceptable under any circumstances.  That’s automatic banishment for anyone, at the very least.

11. Did you take care of Duck or make Kenny do it?

I pretty much made my feelings on this clear in the note.  Yum

Yes.  Only so I could keep an eye on her.  I was getting worried about losing her, and there’s no way I was going to let that happen by just leaving her behind.

If she was in danger I figured a successful QTE could always save her, as long as I was around.  Yum

Pulled him up of course.  I’d never kill an innocent in cold blood no matter what.  But Jesus Christ did Ben get a lot of people killed ........

Rather brave and interesting of Telltale I thought to have a good intentioned by weak character like Ben keep failing and failing and failing, and then just fail some more.  99% of the time in fiction this character ends up redeeming himself in the end.  Instead he just goes and gets Kenny killed too.  *facepalm*

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Honestly, the very first time I didn’t.  I was putting saving Clem above all other priorities, and I was worried they’d turn on me when they realized I was bitten.

But then I cheated and went back to look what they would’ve done, and really liked their reaction, so I stuck with that.

Without any hesitation.  I was hoping they’d do it before they even came up with the idea.  It was worth a shot.

I said she should find a good family, when Omid and Christa were clearly hinting that they could watch over her.  Yum

This one wasn’t based on morality, but on the fact that that I found Christa and Omid to kind of be obnoxious addon characters, and didn’t want to encourage the game to keep them along for any longer than they needed to be.  I actually tried to tell them not to come along when going to look for Clem too.  I didn’t think I needed them.

I had her leave me.  Just because I felt having her kill me at that point would be needlessly traumatic for her.  I did have her handcuff me to the wall, so I knew I didn’t pose any threat to her or anything like that.

Whew.  Done.  I didn’t think this’d be that long, but I hope some other people share their choices too!  It’s fun stuff to talk about and debate.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nice timing to review this, bedore the second season starts
_________

Episode 1:

1. Carley or Doug?

Carley Smile

Episode 2:

I don’t remember this one…

Yes.

Yes

Mmmm, this is the one Clem was watching, right, I think I let him live.

No, because of Clem. I was annoyed that it didn’t matter in the final confrontation…

Episode 3:

Doomed, shooted her.

Don’t remember…

Yes, no lies were needed at the time.

10. After Lily’s shooting incident, did you leave her by the side of the road or take her along?

Dump her, of course Smile Lilly from the comics is a terrible person

11. Did you take care of Duck or make Kenny do it?  (note: you’re a heartless bastard if you did the latter Yum)

I took are Frown, poor Kenny

Episode 4:

Yes, I didn’t want to leave her.

My biggest regret, in the heat of the moment I let him go, thinking that helping him would involve losing someone else.

Of course, sooner or later they would find out, totally unfair to lie.

Episode 5:

Yes. Biggest stupid moment of the game, I understand what they are doing, but chopping of an arm and 5 minutes later jumping through buildings. Pan  Pan  Pan

Omid and Christa or something like that.

Shoot me. “Keep your hair short”

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Good stuff.  My biggest regret was not trusting the group enough to reveal the bite immediately.

I was thinking that since Kenny killed Larry just because it seemed like he may die, then he’d surely want to kill anyone that was bitten.  And I couldn’t risk the group turning on me before Clem was safe.

(though I was planning to go save her alone.  being in the group while being secretly bitten would put them in way too much danger)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

“What choices did you make in season 1 of The Walking Dead?”

Options -> Quit

(but only after playing the first episode for about one hour, which glued me to the seat, until I’ve realized it’s an average interactive movie)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Detective Mosely - 16 December 2013 05:46 AM

Good stuff.  My biggest regret was not trusting the group enough to reveal the bite immediately.

I was thinking that since Kenny killed Larry just because it seemed like he may die, then he’d surely want to kill anyone that was bitten.  And I couldn’t risk the group turning on me before Clem was safe.

(though I was planning to go save her alone.  being in the group while being secretly bitten would put them in way too much danger)

I was thinking I needed the help, but didn’t want to put anyone in danger and if they has the heads up, they could just take me out if needed.

diego - 16 December 2013 06:05 AM

“What choices did you make in season 1 of The Walking Dead?”

Options -> Quit

(but only after playing the first episode for about one hour, which glued me to the seat, until I’ve realized it’s and average interactive movie)

It’s fun tou were glued, but couldn’t bring yourself to play it because your religion doesn’t allow games without puzzles, BUT:

Detective Mosely - 16 December 2013 05:46 AM

Note:  Please don’t use this as a thread to criticize or argue about the game.  If you aren’t interested in talking about the choices people made, please leave and let those that are have their fun.

Pan  Pan  Pan

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 16 December 2013 06:17 AM

It’s fun tou were glued, but couldn’t bring yourself to play it because your religion doesn’t allow games without puzzles

No, I love interactive movies, it’s just that this one didn’t keep my full attention. Perhaps it might on the second playthrough…

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

How am I supposed to moderate this thread if I can’t read any of it??? Tongue

Good thing there’s a team of mods… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Doug. Carley seemed competent enough to take care of herself and didn’t seem like the Damsel in Distress type.

I didn’t shoot the woman because I figured the red neck would do it anyway.
I didn’t help Kenny kill Larry because Lily was the only potential love interest after Carley was killed and didn’t want to ruin my chances there.
Didn’t kill the rednecks because I thought that would give me the good ending.
I took the supplies because it was a dumb scene tacked onto a decent episode and didn’t really care at this point.

I shot doomed girl so she would be quiet.
I kept Lily with me because at this point I liked her character the most. I wasn’t going to run off with her though.
I shot Ducky because Ken had been through enough with that plot twist where his wife kills herself completely out of character.

I brought Clem with me because extra set of hands, etc… It probably doesn’t effect anything
I dropped that liability. What a relief that was. Most cathartic moment in the game.
I told the group about the bite because at this point of time there was one episode left and lost all interest in Lee.

I kept Lee’s arm on because I knew it wouldn’t change jack.
I said Omar and Krista (are those the correct names?) should raise Clem because it seemed an obvious choice and they had plot armour.
I asked Clem to shoot Lee so she’d toughen up.

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

thejobloshow - 16 December 2013 04:14 PM

Doug. Carley seemed competent enough to take care of herself and didn’t seem like the Damsel in Distress type.

I didn’t shoot the woman because I figured the red neck would do it anyway.
I didn’t help Kenny kill Larry because Lily was the only potential love interest after Carley was killed and didn’t want to ruin my chances there.
Didn’t kill the rednecks because I thought that would give me the good ending.
I took the supplies because it was a dumb scene tacked onto a decent episode and didn’t really care at this point.

I shot doomed girl so she would be quiet.
I kept Lily with me because at this point I liked her character the most. I wasn’t going to run off with her though.
I shot Ducky because Ken had been through enough with that plot twist where his wife kills herself completely out of character.

I brought Clem with me because extra set of hands, etc… It probably doesn’t effect anything
I dropped that liability. What a relief that was. Most cathartic moment in the game.
I told the group about the bite because at this point of time there was one episode left and lost all interest in Lee.

I kept Lee’s arm on because I knew it wouldn’t change jack.
I said Omar and Krista (are those the correct names?) should raise Clem because it seemed an obvious choice and they had plot armour.
I asked Clem to shoot Lee so she’d toughen up.

I think I’ve just met my polar opposite.  Wink

Though in yet another epiosode of Detective Mosely Cheats at TWD, I also thought Carley was going to be able to get out of that herself and originally saved Doug.  Her death shocked me, and I quickly reloaded.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Episode 1:

1. Carley or Doug?

Carley - had got to know a lot more about her than Doug. Though at that point, we (always play adventures with my wife) didn’t realise fully what the consequence of the decision would be Wink. Had no desire to change the choice afterwards though.

Episode 2:

No

No. Like Mosely, seemed much too much like cold-blooded murder to me.

Think so, not 100% sure to be honest.

Let him live. At that point it was clear he was no longer a (immediate at least) threat, Clem was watching, and again too close to murder for my taste.

Like Wilco, no. Clem was against it from a moral standpoint & so we decided to go with that. Was a tough one though.

Episode 3:

Shot her I think.

No, for same reasons as Mosely already said.

Yes. Carley convinced me/us that it was the right thing to do.

Took her along. Leaving her would again have been cold-bloded murder and it was clear (to us at least) that at this stage she wasn’t in control of her own actions and so what she did was NOT murder. Was rather irritated with what then happened later - seemed totally out of character to me. Guess if you know the comics you have a different perspective.

We did it. Not a tough decision.

Episode 4:

Yes, didn’t want to leave her.

Similar to Wilco, on the basis that we thought he wasn’t saveable anyway and/or someone else would die, we let him go. Certainly would have pulled him up if we’d realised there were no consequences - just letting him die for no reason was NOT the intention.

Yes, had to be done at that point.

Episode 5:

No - the 2nd part of the game that really grated with me. Totally implausible he could have him arm cut off like that and been able to continue afterwards. Chances are he’d have died from shock and blood loss. Hence we didn’t chop his arm off due to this & the fact that we agreed it would have very little chance of helping anyway - the “infection” would have already travelled through the whole body by that time.
Yes. Biggest stupid moment of the game, I understand what they are doing, but chopping of an arm and 5 minutes later jumping through buildings. Pan  Pan  Pan

I think Omid & Christa, not 100% sure.

Shoot me. Had to be done. And “Keep your hair short” was also our comment.

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

DaveyB - 17 December 2013 02:54 AM

Took her along. Leaving her would again have been cold-bloded murder and it was clear (to us at least) that at this stage she wasn’t in control of her own actions and so what she did was NOT murder.

Similar to Wilco, on the basis that we thought he wasn’t saveable anyway and/or someone else would die, we let him go. Certainly would have pulled him up if we’d realised there were no consequences - just letting him die for no reason was NOT the intention.

Wow, that’s a weird combination.

Leaving Lily wasn’t muder at all, IMO.  You lose the right to be a member of my group if you kill someone for no reason at all, and she did that.  If that leads to her death, so be it.  But that wasn’t a given just because you weren’t taking her along.

Dropping Ben seemed much closer to murder to me.  Even if he was asking for it in a moment of stupidity.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Detective Mosely - 17 December 2013 07:22 AM

Leaving Lily wasn’t muder at all, IMO.

It’s how it seemed to us - leaving her in the middle of nowhere, alone and with no weapon or other means of defence. Now if you know the comics (or whatever other medium) and know that the dangers actually aren’t as big we felt, fair enough. But from purely the impression given within the game, that was how we felt.

Detective Mosely - 17 December 2013 07:22 AM

Dropping Ben seemed much closer to murder to me.

Now once you know that no harm would come to anybody else, then you’re right (and we’d have saved Ben). But at the time, we thought it would be another either/or situation a la Carley & Doug - hence who do you let/leave to die. And we chose Ben.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

I’m going to answer these questions from my first play through only because that is the one where I truly made the choice that I felt was right to make. I played through it once afterwards just to make different choices to see the impact but sometimes the choices that I made didn’t seem right.

Episode 1:

1. Carley or Doug? Carly—My Lee was kind of sweet on her.

Episode 2:

2. Did you shoot the woman in the woods?  I can’t remember but I don’t think so.

3. Did you help Kenny kill Larry?  No. Just didn’t seem right.

4. Did you kill Danny?  (killer #1)  Yes.

5. Did you beat Andy (killer #2) to death or let him live? No. For both #4 and #5, I think my thought process was similar to yours. It’s hard to look into Clem’s big, innocent eyes and do something so messed up. She really was a well done character.

6. Did you take the supplies from the station wagon?  No. I understand what you are saying that the group has to come first but I just couldn’t bear the thought of taking someone’s things that needed them. I don’t blame others who took it. I thought on it a while but I just couldn’t do it.

Episode 3:

7. Did you shoot the doomed girl or use her distraction to get more supplies? I shot her because it was a quick reaction and just seemed right. If I had really thought about it, I probably would have used her as a distraction. Cold, I know.

This one wasn’t considered a major question by the game, but this was one of the toughest decisions for me:

8. Katja asked me what happened in the meatlocker from episode 2, because Kenny wouldn’t tell her.  Would you tell her in this situation?  Yes, I would tell her. Whenever there was a choice of telling the truth or hiding things, I ALWAYS told the truth. In situations like that, mistrust among the survivors is one of the worst things that can happen and can break a group apart. Better to just lay all the cards out on the table.

9. Did you inform the group about your status as a convicted felon? Yes. See previous answer.

10. After Lily’s shooting incident, did you leave her by the side of the road or take her along?  I took Lily along. Maybe this seems crazy but I couldn’t just leave her there to die. Probably a stupid decision because of how she fractured the group but strength in numbers and all that.

11. Did you take care of Duck or make Kenny do it?  (note: you’re a heartless bastard if you did the latter YumOf course I took care of Duck. (In my second play through I made Kenny do it and I felt terrible).

Episode 4:

12. Did you bring Clem to Crawford with you?  No. When I got back I felt bad about it but it seemed to me like the living were more dangerous than the dead in this case!

13. Did you let Ben go or pull him up? Pulled him up. Stupid, stupid kid but not worth murdering. And again, I was thinking about strength in numbers.

14. Did you tell the group about the bite?  Yes. See answer to Question #8 above.

Episode 5:

15. Did you chop off Lee’s arm?  Yes. It was worth a shot.

16. Who did you say should raise Clementine?  I picked Omid and Christine. Better them than no one IMO. Although I think Clem could teach them more than they could teach her.

17. And finally, did you have Clem leave you or shoot you?  I struggled mightily with this decision. I made Clem leave me, however I did consider having her shoot me. Clem was going to be faced with some very difficult situations without Lee there to provide guidance. I thought that having her shoot Lee would be the last lesson in a series of very hard lessons and would toughen her up for what’s to come. However, in the end, I just couldn’t have her do it. Those damn big eyes!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Episode 1:

1. Carley or Doug? First time I instinctively went for the female but I failed escaping zombies as Lee (didn’t realise when the cinematics ended and the gameplay started again) and had a moment to think about it and decided to pick Doug. This was the dude that had already put his neck on the line several times so I could totally trust him to have my back, aaaand he was very handy too.

Episode 2:

2. Did you shoot the woman in the woods? Nope, totally saw that something was up a mile ahead. And guessed the whole picture a long time before Lee actually did.

3. Did you help Kenny kill Larry? No. I agreed that there were risks but bashing someone’s head before checking was a bit overkill, especially considering how many zombies we had already beaten. One freshly woken and tied up one wouldn’t have been a that big of a challenge.

4. Did you kill Danny?  (killer #1) I think I did, don’t remember 100% I was thinking that they would just keep doing it to others and there weren’t any cops or judges to take care of that.

5. Did you beat Andy (killer #2) to death or let him live? Let him live for the sake of Clementine.

6. Did you take the supplies from the station wagon? Yep. I just honestly don’t see stealing a bad thing at all when the alternative is starving. Only thing that was wrong with this one was the possibility that we plundered someone that still needed the items themselves for survival. But there was no one there. It was quite likely they were dead already. Would have been horrible to let your groups starve for a slight possibility.

Episode 3:

7. Did you shoot the doomed girl or use her distraction to get more supplies? Shoot. Couldn’t watch or listen to it. Not smart but oh well.

8. Katja asked me what happened in the meatlocker from episode 2, because Kenny wouldn’t tell her.  Would you tell her in this situation? Don’t remember exactly, I did tell her something, I remember confiding to her.

9. Did you inform the group about your status as a convicted felon? Initially I hid it but I think I revealed it at some point.

10. After Lily’s shooting incident, did you leave her by the side of the road or take her along? Took her along, thought there would have still been something to work things out and leaving her would have meant death. I liked her until she snapped.

11. Did you take care of Duck or make Kenny do it? Shot him. I have kids and no way in hell I would want to shoot them whatever the situation was.

Episode 4:

12. Did you bring Clem to Crawford with you? Yep, I might have resisted a bit at first but gave in to her. And I think I was afraid the guy in the house would turn or something like that.

13. Did you let Ben go or pull him up? Pulled him up. I was really annoyed with him but the dude was an annoying teenager. Couldn’t let him die for being a teenager.

14. Did you tell the group about the bite? Nope. I was worried that they’d instantly turn on me and no one would go for Clementine.

Episode 5:

15. Did you chop off Lee’s arm? Yep. What the hell. Though afterwards I was like damn, I was jumping in the roofs alone with one arm. I could have had both arms and friends helping me.

16. Who did you say should raise Clementine? The couple, they seemed okay enough.

17. And finally, did you have Clem leave you or shoot you? Shoot. Mercy for Lee and safety for Clem.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top