• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Name ___ Adventure Games

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

^
Whoa….are u serious? When I came up with the question I knew BS1 had one, but totally forgot about BS3. Haven’t played BS4 lol.

To answer your question: BS3(Side scrolling, to 3rd person over-top view paired with a more action-oriented control scheme) and Sherlock Holmes: Awakening(from 3rd person view to 1st person view)

Just to be sure I’ll also mention Kings Quest 8 lol.

Ahhh…and ofcourse the very prominent example of GK2.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Origami - 23 December 2013 01:33 PM

but totally forgot about BS3.

I’ve just finished BS3. That game has more ledge walkers than you could possibly imagine. Smile (remember Nico trying to get into the theater?)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Origami - 23 December 2013 01:33 PM

To answer your question: BS3(Side scrolling, to 3rd person over-top view paired with a more action-oriented control scheme) and Sherlock Holmes: Awakening(from 3rd person view to 1st person view)

Just to be sure I’ll also mention Kings Quest 8 lol.

Ahhh…and ofcourse the very prominent example of GK2.

Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened is the right answer because it changed the 3rd-person view of The Silver Earring. Still, BS3 is a 3rd-person game which is the same as BS1/2, and GK2 is also a 3rd-person as is GK1. As for King’s Quest 8, it featured both 1st and 3rd-person, so that wouldn’t be a valid answer. Grin

To rephrase it better - I’m looking for a switch from 3rd-person to 1st-person, and vice versa.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Legend of Zelda Ocar…...naah I won’t pull off that trick again.

On a more serious note: Ace Attorney Investigations? Or doesn’t that qualify as a sequel, but rather a spin-off.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yes, that’s a valid answer.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

My apologies, Lady Kestrel.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Gratefully accepted, Karlok. Smile

I think it’s Origami’s turn to set a task.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

lol…..ok let me think.

Name three instances where an adventure game references another unrelated adventure game.
Name of the game and brief description of the reference.

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon - references to several Legend games, including Death Gate, in one of the rooms of the spaceship
Broken Sword 2 - Nico meets main character from Beneath a Steel Sky in the tunnels
Curse of Monkey Island - Guybrush gets his hand stuck in a crack and uses Brink’s lines from The Dig

Along the same lines, name 4 games with Easter eggs and a brief description of each.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

^
Funny you mentioned Curse Of Monkey Island, since the more obvious reference would have been the Manny Calavera cameo.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Origami - 25 December 2013 07:59 PM

^
Funny you mentioned Curse Of Monkey Island, since the more obvious reference would have been the Manny Calavera cameo.

Then again, that joke is a spin-off of “Ask me about Loom” Wink

Easter eggs:

Discworld 1 (“screensaver”)
Day of the Tentacle (playing Maniac Mansion)
Monkey Island 1 (“Sierra death”)
BS2 (Uhh..)

Name 4 games where you can see the main character naked or semi-naked Tongue

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Beyond: 2 Souls (that chapter where you control Ellen Page in the underwear, mm mm, best part of the game Tongue )
Heavy Rain (Madison, several times)
Duckman (he’s naked all the time)
Police Quest 1 (the shower)

Name 5 globetrotting adventures.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Really?! Only 5?!?!? Crazy Laughing

Bs series
Fate of Atlantis
Tunguska
Nibiru
Chronicles of mystery

Name 3 ag’s where the main character talks to the player Laughing

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

kate me - 26 December 2013 10:39 AM

Really?! Only 5?!?!? Crazy Laughing

Feel free to mention more, if you like! I love adventures where you get a real sense of travelling, and I’m looking for more of them Smile Haven’t played Chronicles of Mystery before, they look like they could be interesting.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top