• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Hero-U Demo

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 16 June 2015 12:13 PM

frustrating. They subtracted 10k from all the stretch goals in the last 8 hours.
Further showing the numbers here are meaningless.
And then one stretch goal was to add “sea caves” which they reached, but another goal was to add “sea caves boss” which they did not.

Didn’t see that… It’s terrible the way the numbers are juggled
I guess the sea caves won’t have a boss now?...

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

zane - 16 June 2015 12:13 PM

frustrating. They subtracted 10k from all the stretch goals in the last 8 hours.
Further showing the numbers here are meaningless.
And then one stretch goal was to add “sea caves” which they reached, but another goal was to add “sea caves boss” which they did not.

They got a big paypal backer and stretchgoal $$ammounts were subtracted because of that.. Hero-U update 12 says: “In Hero-U stretch goal news, a backer has contributed $10,000 by PayPal which we are counting towards stretch goals.
That means we’ve reached the very important “additional music and sound effects” goal and are very close to the Wraith Lair, which will add a new challenge.
Rather than making people add $10,000 to the Kickstarter number, we’ve subtracted that amount from all the stretch goals.”

But I agree, they should not add more work and content (puzzles and bosses etc..) with small extra money they got over the goal. And at the same time, voiceacting stretchgoal was pushed so high, it was practically unreachable.. again..

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Ahh ok that makes more sense.
Yeah unfortunately voice acting is expensive no matter how you cut it.
I wonder if they would consider supporting an optional voice pack by fan volunteers. With the right amount of patience and auditions they could get good quality voices for free.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Considering the amount of flack Red Thred Games got when they tried to hold a small music contest for the fans who wanted to get their own stuff as some additional ambience music in the game, trying to voice a full commercial game with volunteers would propably rip the internet in half and the Coles off game business for good.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yeah… its probably wishful thinking…
i thought it worked well for heroines quest though that was freeware. And not every voice was perfect, but some were very good.

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2013-02-23

PM

Nearly all of the actors that voiced Heroine’s Quest also actively look for paid jobs - the only reason why Heroine’s Quest was able to get voices done for free is because the game itself is free and it was something that appealed to them.

That said, if you don’t look for big name actors, voice acting can cost between $1-2 per line (as negotiated with each actor, and dependent on bulk), so it’s not necessarily a budget breaker if you’re careful about your overall budget. Best way is to always hold auditions to get a variety of interpretations and voices and choose the one that fits best from there.

But having a whole bunch of voices recorded does add additional work in the sound editing department - this takes a lot of time and commitment to do (and probably more $$). Also, having each actor record with their own kit means there are often some slight discrepancies in sound quality (most of the time it is not noticeable, but it is something that needs to be considered during the selection process).

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yeah good points.
If it was feasible at all though, i think its the kind of thing talented fans would be willing to donate their work to. Especially knowing that the coles arent exactly turning a profit here, theyr trying to get even.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

the art style is terrible. why couldnt they have made it like spaceventure? wow the art in that game looks incredible… i just cant imagine this isometric ugly interface being fun to play. sucks because qfg is my favorite game series of all time… i seriously hope they surprise me on this one and make an amazing game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top