• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooneySefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Requiem of the Vultures

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

New fundraiser at indiegogo. An adventure game based on the novels by Lorincz L. Laszlo. I Never read the books, or even heard about the author, but the game looks like it could be interesting.

(Right click - view image).

Indiegogo link:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/requiem-of-the-vultures-a-leslie-l-lawrence-adventure

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Seems really promising. Hopefully the English version gets made too.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Meh, this one is gonna fail miserably. It’s another one of those fundraisers where the creators thinks the campaign will run itself… 20 days have passed and there hasn’t been a single update yet. All the reward tiers are written entirely in hungarian, so you won’t even know what you’re pledging for. Not surprisingly, there’s a whopping total of 5 backers! Whoever is in charge of the PR for this fundraiser oughta be violently fired.

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Shame really, the art looks very nice, but doubt many people are willing to pledge to a project that will most likely be only in hungarian. Or will take some cosiderable amount of time to be translated to any language I understand.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It would be nice to see some games on kickstarter that actually try and spread out to do different sort of adventure games.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Yes, I saw this campaign a 2 weeks ago, and I thought, Wow what a cool game. But then I got really turned off by the campaign itself, and it’s focus on the Hungarian market. It’s like a flashback from when Pendulo tried to fund their latest game. Such as shame.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

They’ve got another backer. Now there’s a total of 6. That’s exactly 6 more backers than there’s updates. 31 days, 0 updates. And everything is still in Hungarian. It’s kinda frustrating to watch someone doing nothing at all, yet make so many mistakes at once. I was excited about this at first, but if their game making abilities is even remotely comparable to their fundraising skills, the game’s not gonna have any content.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

$150 of $120,000 Goal had been achieved .. MAMA! , did I see such failure before?

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Advie - 25 December 2013 05:27 PM

$150 of $120,000 Goal had been achieved .. MAMA! , did I see such failure before?

Lol, I think this must be the most accomplished failure in fundraising history. I’m beginning to worry about the well-being of those running the campaign. Are they still alive? Not a word from them in 40 days. I think someone needs to check on them, there may have been an accident or something in the office…

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Well, to be fair, not everything is in Hungarian, the whole text on the main page is also in English (translated section by section) and the pledge tiers are translated near the end (wonder why they didn’t just include that in the tier descriptions themselves, character limitation I guess). Not sure if/when they had changed that. They’d also responded to the first backer with thanks and some swag… and apparently surrendered shortly after Meh

I guess they expected the name of the author doing most of the legwork, the effect of which they’d clearly overestimated. The artists seem capable at least, and it’s not that often an adventure game gets an actual publishing writer for the source material. Bummer.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top