• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bolt Riley

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

There’s only a week left of the kickstarter, and the game is only about a third funded. I guess it’s time to dig deeper into the wallet for those of us who wants this to happen. Co-designed by Corey and Lori Cole, I think this looks way more interesting than Hero-U. What do you think?

Link to the Kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soundguy/bolt-riley-a-reggae-adventure-game

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yeah looks better and interesting than Hero-U but its just wont make it,
here is a puzzle scene I watched yesterday posted at their FB fanpage

but I have I feeling that they can go for it and finish it maybe later even if they are not funded!

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Considering the HeroU fiasco, I have to say I think the Coles name could actually be hurting this project more than helping it.  It’s a shame, too, because it really does look cool.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 18 November 2013 10:44 AM

but I have I feeling that they can go for it and finish it maybe later even if they are not funded!

Of what I’ve understood this is pretty much the last opportunity for this project.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Yes i do agree that the Coles name might drag this game down. the game looks pretty interesting, but i have not backed it because of the Coles. in my opinion it would be better if they were not involved at all.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 18 November 2013 04:30 PM
Advie - 18 November 2013 10:44 AM

Of what I’ve understood this is pretty much the last opportunity for this project.

I don’t know but on the tutorial video they released the commentary on the 1st puzzle in the game which included using gum on a mic stand to make it hold up, he mentioned that the publisher insisted about that when they designed it to be weed instead of gum, then he said we can get back to the weed thingie if we get kickstarted for more laughs , which gave me the feeling they already have a proposal, so they might be able to finish developing it as it looks they have the all main resources to do so, and get to publish it with some monkey on their back after all. Meh

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2013-02-23

PM

I believe they had a publisher to begin with, but that has since fallen through and they are on their own - which is why they have gone to Kickstarter, as they need funds to finish the game.

If they don’t get funds before the end of the year, I believe the company will end up being closed down on 31st Dec, they lose the rights and the game will never see the light of day.

Which will be a real shame. I had a look at the demo and the production values are quite good. Graphics look good, animations look decent (though Unity characters seem to glide), and the music sounded fine. With some voice acting, it’ll really help bring the characters to life.

It’s a project which I feel has shown that it deserves funding far more than other successful Kickstarters I have seen.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

What Fizzii said. They indeed had an publisher, but that one ran out of money, leaving Bolt hanging in the limbo. If this KS doesn’t bring them the money they won’t have the resources to continue with the project any further.

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Oh dear...

On a bit more positive note, there’s gonna be a Hangout with a bunch of adventure-devs in about two hours (probably will be posted on the Adventure Mob YT channel):
Edit: It’s live.

It’s on Monday Nov 25th, 12PM EST/ 9AM PST / 7PM Israel+South Africa / 5PM GMT. I will be there for 4:30 hours until the campaign ends.

I will probably be joined by :
Developers from currently Kickstarting: 7th guest, STATIS, Her Majesty’s SPIFFING, Jason the Greek. Other devs: Corey Cole (Hero-u and Quest for Glory), Dave Gilbert (Wadjet Eye Games),  Agustin Cordes (Scratches, Asylum), Jay Zeibarth (Ballad of Reemus), Cesar Bittar (Phoenix online), and waiting on answers from more friends.

This will be an epic summit of Adventure game creators, regardless of Bolt Riley.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Oh wow… Trowe really is on a roll there.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

NOW do you guys see the difference between Bt’s and my vocal distaste for Telltale’s games and THIS monstrosity?  Not even in the same category. Wink

Trowe actually just backed Bolt Riley for a dollar so that he could post on their Kickstarter comments section and troll/sabotage them during the campaign’s final hours.  That’s insane.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Frogacuda - 25 November 2013 10:24 AM

A little social media drama for those so inclined

The “One word: Thorazine” comment made me LOL. Even though the entire thing is just sad… Meh

Lambonius - 25 November 2013 01:47 PM

NOW do you guys see the difference between Bt’s and my vocal distaste for Telltale’s games and THIS monstrosity?  Not even in the same category. Wink

Just because someone else’s approach is far far worse than yours, doesn’t mean that yours is right…

Lambonius - 25 November 2013 01:47 PM

Trowe actually just backed Bolt Riley for a dollar so that he could post on their Kickstarter comments section and troll/sabotage them during the campaign’s final hours.  That’s insane.

He didn’t even need to do that. The campaign - even though the game shows potential - was doomed anyway. Makes Trowe’s douchebaggery even worse… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

TimovieMan - 25 November 2013 03:41 PM

Just because someone else’s approach is far far worse than yours, doesn’t mean that yours is right…

I’m not trying to say that I haven’t crossed the line of obnoxiousness, but there’s a big difference between online bitching (even excessive online bitching) from a nobody like me and a CEO actively and maliciously trying to sabotage another company’s financial prospects.  Trowe is in a position where things he says could actually have a chance of ruining people’s livelihoods, and he knows it.  Luckily, he’s pretty much lost every shred of credibility he ever had at this point—he just hasn’t realized it’s time to go quietly into the night yet.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nobody compared you to Paul Trowe. But using his behavior to defend your own brings you one step closer to his category.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Karlok - 25 November 2013 04:20 PM

Nobody compared you to Paul Trowe. But using his behavior to defend your own brings you one step closer to his category.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2716/P30/#47091

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top