• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games/Franchises you want to see in TTG style

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So TTG is working on some dream IPs as they put it besides Fables and TWD.
Wondering what they could be.

Just struck me that Breaking bad and Watchmen could really work as
cutscene simulator and make millions for them. Where later one is more
tough to make obviously. And former could work in episodic style with QTE
shooting stuff balanced with grey moral decisions, not necessarily
actual TV story maybe some side story linked with original.

What you guys have in mind when it comes to motion/interactive drama??

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Star Trek? I really liked Star Trek: Borg, although that was mostly down to the presence of Q.

Strange that there haven’t been many Sci-fi QTE games, considering it is the genre with the most moral choices.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I say Let TT die a horrible shameful death ,and never to be remembered

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Seriously though, Telltale needs to make a musical where you can choose the lyrics as the characters sing and dancing sequences are controlled through QTEs. Oh, and if a character starts tap dancing you have to type furiously on the keyboard to simulate the tapping sound of the character’s feet. Someone patent this.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 03 November 2013 03:16 AM

Why? If you don’t like their games, you don’t have to buy them and play them, but you shouldn’t deny others those games either.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve always thought MacGyver would make a good game, either action/adeventure or pure adventure. And as it already is a TV-series, a game in series form would work well with it. I’d actually love to see Telltale trying it out.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

TimovieMan - 03 November 2013 08:49 AM
Advie - 03 November 2013 03:16 AM

Why? If you don’t like their games, you don’t have to buy them and play them, but you shouldn’t deny others those games either.

Well, he should if he cares about his fellow man! He’s trying to save them from an awful and wanting experience!! This is all about compassion, man!

Bt

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

The have quite expertise on comic style i’d say Hellboy would be interesting too see.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

If they keep using comics I’d say Y - The Last Man is a cool setting for their moral decisions games.
On a sci-fi setting I agree that some Star Trek could be good.
I’d also like them to return to some more humorous IP like the Sam and Max games.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

tomimt - 03 November 2013 11:32 AM

I’ve always thought MacGyver would make a good game, either action/adeventure or pure adventure. And as it already is a TV-series, a game in series form would work well with it. I’d actually love to see Telltale trying it out.

Well since the “Macgyver puzzles” are the ones we describe as involving a lot of inventory items, it probably wouldn’t work as a QTE game without puzzles. I do agree with you though, a Macgyver game would be very nice…

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

The OP of this thread is trolling, right?

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Hey guys, a bit off topic , but I’ve played a nice oldie game ,Lost in time, and it’s full of MacGyver style puzzles. If you haven’t played it yet, you can give it a try! Wink
It takes a bit to adjust to the many graphic styles the game has , but it’s worth playing! Smile

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I actually have Lost in Time on a CD somewhere. It was Cocktel Vision game, made with a same engine they used on their Inca series and some other games I believe. It’s been ages I’ve played it, but it was pretty decent game. It had a female hero in it who wasn’t there just beacuse of her bust size.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Yeah Smile

I’ve played it only a few months ago, maybe that’s why some of the puzzles are still in my head, (like using the battery acid Crazy )

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

I’d rather they worked on new stuff instead of just doing spin-offs of whatever TV show’s trendy at the moment. 

If the “interactive drama” movement is going to have any significance, it shouldn’t just be from jumping on the bandwagon of existing IPs.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well, it had to happen. 3 new games from Telltale and the ‘Telltale style’ is now equated with commercial IPs turned interactive QTE-games. I wonder if they will do anything else but that from now on? I can’t see it happening personally, I think they’ve found their niche. Apart from Jurassic Park, they are getting far more critical acclaim now than from middle-of-the-road games like BTTF and Tales of Monkey Island.

OneFlesh - 04 November 2013 12:56 AM

I’d rather they worked on new stuff instead of just doing spin-offs of whatever TV show’s trendy at the moment. 

If the “interactive drama” movement is going to have any significance, it shouldn’t just be from jumping on the bandwagon of existing IPs.

Since the ‘TTG style’ is all about adapting existing IPs (Sam & Max, BTTF, Jurassic Park, The Walking Dead), coming up with new stuff isn’t really in the equation here.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top