• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

grizzlypantsSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Walking Dead - Season 2

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-12-07

PM

Bliss - 19 December 2013 06:34 AM

I really hope i’m wrong as i freaking loved S1 but i’m kinda expecting every other problem needing her to stack a bunch of crap together to stand on or using broom handles or whatever to reach stuff high up.

I finished episode 1 today and so far this only happened once (and it didn’t feel contrived to me).

Edit: (I just noticed someone else already replied to this question, whoops redundant!)

Joined 2013-12-07

PM

Overall I liked the episode.  It has it’s flaws but I feel they are going in the right direction.

The dog caught me off guard but that is a good thing.  In the beginning I was ready to yell at Clem (PICK UP YOUR DAMN GUN!)  I wanted to tell Christa to grow up and stop holding Omid’s death against me but our time with her was short enough that it didn’t get annoying.

Later I was so glad there was a “you left me no choice” option when I had to sneak around and stitch myself up.  Wanted to add, “you idiots thought I would just lay down and die??”

The pace was a bit fast but I’m hoping this is more of opening the season with a bang than a trend for the whole season.  We shall see….

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

RaindropGames - 20 December 2013 02:00 AM

In the beginning I was ready to yell at Clem (PICK UP YOUR DAMN GUN!)

I was talking on another forum about how this moment was a frustrating example of how game developers have yet to work out how to reconcile conventional storytelling with interactive storytelling. Telltale needed Clementine to leave the gun behind at that moment for their story beat to work, so to achieve this they simply remove the choice from the player. I don’t think this is satisfying game design. It’s extremely annoying to have such an obvious problem sitting in front of you, but you’re powerless to change how it plays out.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Any site with Sales of TWAU ep1 and TWDs2 Ep1 sales breakdown.

How do these fare against TWD s1???

Any drop???

Joined 2013-12-07

PM

noknowncure - 20 December 2013 09:24 AM

I don’t think this is satisfying game design. It’s extremely annoying to have such an obvious problem sitting in front of you, but you’re powerless to change how it plays out.

YES, exactly.  Even though this tends to be one of the challenges of making the story a high priority in game design, this particular situation feels like it could have been written/designed much better.

Joined 2013-12-07

PM

Regarding the art and animation, this doesn’t bother me as much as it seems to with others in this thread.  Their art/animation feels stylistic to me though I do agree some things come off as wooden at times.  I think this is really just a scope issue.  With the number of projects vs employees TT has, each project probably has a much smaller number of people assigned to it than a typical AAA game.  So corners need to be cut to allow for games to be released within a “reasonable” amount of time.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I really enjoyed this first episode. The dog part was great—didn’t see it coming till a split second before it happened. I’m actually glad they didn’t drag that out—befriending a dog can only mean one thing in a game like this: it will die, and the writers dealt with it cleverly. Is it possible for Krista and Omid to be dead at the start of season 2? I’m just wondering how different the start could be for some people.

I like the subtle black outline on the characters now. In fact, I thought the game looked great from start to finish. The transition between camera angles seemed a lot smoother than in season 1, although there was still some clunky animations. Definitely an improvement, though. I remember season 1 running like crap, and this episode was pretty well smooth throughout.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Fuck me that episode was short. Like 1-2 hours short. I was just starting to get into it when it was ..“On the next episode”

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Lucien21 - 22 December 2013 02:17 PM

Fuck me that episode was short. Like 1-2 hours short. I was just starting to get into it when it was ..“On the next episode”

That was short compared to most episodes? i thought it was the same duration as the early episodes of the first season. I generally could beat any episode in one sitting.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Took me just under 2 hours and I thought it was a really good length.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Monolith - 23 December 2013 12:30 AM
Lucien21 - 22 December 2013 02:17 PM

That was short compared to most episodes? i thought it was the same duration as the early episodes of the first season. I generally could beat any episode in one sitting.

You could always beat any Telltale episode in one sitting, but the first season episodes were 2.5-3 hours in length this one seemed more like 1.5 hours.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TTG development philosophy

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/23/5224694/how-telltale-teamed-up-with-game-of-thrones-and-borderlands

They approached HBO themselves.
Same case for Borderlands.
4 titles per year, yeah right.
And shenanigans of quality versus interactive fictions at the end in the article.

Best thing is they move staff among different teams and that they dont outsource work.
So the shoddy animation difference between TWAU and TWD must be due to rushed up release.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

First episode of wd season 2 was a big dissapointment. Why? Because the game is manipulating my feelings and sentiment the wrong way. Season 1 had class, this was all cheap.

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

smulan - 25 December 2013 05:43 PM

First episode of wd season 2 was a big dissapointment. Why? Because the game is manipulating my feelings and sentiment the wrong way. Season 1 had class, this was all cheap.

Why did you feel that way? I thought they struck a good balance between bad things happening to Clem (let’s face it—it was never going to go well), and Clem overcoming the situation to demonstrate her toughness and independence.

It was nowhere near as gratuitous as Tomb Raider, as someone suggested previously. There was one hard-to-watch scene and I thought it worked perfectly, similar to season 1 if you chose to chop off Lee’s arm.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top