• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Working on a list of classic adventures released in console

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-11-18

PM

Nowadays both PC and consoles share a lot of adventure titles, but in the past it was very strange to see a graphic adventure being released in a console. That’s why I would like to do a little homage to that selected group of adventures which dared to question the notion that point & click adventures should be a computer-only genre.

King’s Quest - Sega Master System
Maniac Mansion - NES
Monkey Island - Sega CD
Loom - Turbografx CD
Phantasmagoria - Sega Saturn
Broken Sword - Playstation
King’s Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder - NES
Discworld - Playstation & Saturn
Simon the Sorcerer - Amiga CD32
Myst - PLaystation & Saturn

Do you know about more titles? Please let me know!

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Avon - 07 September 2013 04:42 PM

Nowadays both PC and consoles share a lot of adventure titles, but in the past it was very strange to see a graphic adventure being released in a console. That’s why I would like to do a little homage to that selected group of adventures which dared to question the notion that point & click adventures should be a computer-only genre.

King’s Quest - Sega Master System
Maniac Mansion - NES
Monkey Island - Sega CD
Loom - Turbografx CD
Phantasmagoria - Sega Saturn
Broken Sword - Playstation
King’s Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder - NES
Discworld - Playstation & Saturn
Simon the Sorcerer - Amiga CD32
Myst - PLaystation & Saturn

Do you know about more titles? Please let me know!

Hi Avon, all of the following games were released on Playstation (I don’t know about other consols & obviously most of them have been released on PC also!):

Alone in the Dark: Jack is Back
Amerzone
Ark of Time
Atlantis: The Lost Tales
Aztec
Blazing Dragons
Broken Sword 2
China
Chronicles of the Sword
The City of Lost Children
Clock Tower
Discworld 2
Discworld Noir
Dracula: The Last Sanctuary
Dracula: the Resurrection
Egypt 1156
Louvre
Necronomicon
The X-Files
The Road to Eldorado
Versailles

I should add that Syberia 1 & 2 were both released on Playstation 2 as was Atlantis 3!

Joined 2012-11-18

PM

Thank you for your reply! I didn’t know the PS1 had so many great adventure titles, but I should have expected it since I heard it had the biggest library of games out of the consoles of its generation. By the way, I just saw that Myst also had an Atari Jaguar release (perhaps I should edit the first post) and Prisoner of Ice was also released on Playstation and Saturn.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

There was also Snatcher on the mega CD and policenauts wich think was also mega cd, Night Trap too.

Escape from Monkey Island also had a ps2 release.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Off the top of my head I know that Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon was also released for PS2 and Xbox - but is that too recent?

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Little Big Adventure was released on PS1 for PAL markets in 1997. It was actually superior than the PC version for removing damage when running into a wall and using the controller to quickly change through emotions.

The 7th Guest was ported to the CD-i,

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

D
ENEMY ZERO
SILVERLOAD
CLOCKTOWER 2

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2006-01-31

PM

Scooby-Doo Mystery (Illusions Gaming Company, Sega Genesis) - the very first adventure game released by the makers of Blazing Dragons and Duckman.
Jurassic Park (Sega Multimedia Studio, Sega CD) - there were six different games by the title Jurassic Park released in 1993, so it’s easy to miss this one.
The Book of Watermarks (PS1) - Myst clone released only in Japan

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Blazing Dragons is a game I discovered only a few years ago, and been wanting to play ever since. Was it only released on PS1? Has anyone here played it?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Dag - 08 September 2013 04:57 AM

Blazing Dragons is a game I discovered only a few years ago, and been wanting to play ever since. Was it only released on PS1? Has anyone here played it?

On Sega Saturn, too, but what ashame that there wasn’t a PC version. It seems pretty decent, and it has Terry Jones!

What I’d like to know is what’re some others console-exclusive adventures, not counting modern stuff like Heavy Rain.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

As diego said it was also released on SEGA Saturn - yes I have played it! At the time I only had a PS1 & PCs were out of my budget range so I hunted down as many Ags for it as I could, mainly from Ebay, but I picked up some used ones in what was at the time the Electronic Boutique store.

Blazing Dragons from what I can remember was a lot of fun, fairly easy & one of the few games I enjoyed the ‘arcade’ sequences in (I think there were quite a few!)

I’ve got a game for PS2 called The Glass Rose - was that released on any other consol or for PC?

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Shadowgate - NES
Deja Vu - NES
Uninvited - NES

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Blazing dragons was among the first Adv Games i played, was advertised heavily in all famous mags. Strong memorable characters and puzzles were really great.
Must play.

chrissie - 08 September 2013 08:33 AM

I’ve got a game for PS2 called The Glass Rose - was that released on any other consol or for PC?

Only for ps2, amazing story.

Another capcom game called Foxhunt released on PC.

Edit:

Hard to remember all at once, but here another classic and exclusive to ps1

Joined 2012-11-18

PM

Thank you all for your collaboration!

I come again to say that I took a look at the CD-i game library and I found some interesting graphic adventures that deserve to be added here (some of them exclusive!)

The 7th Guest (as pointed out by thejobloshow)
The Dame Was Loaded
Flintstones Jetsons: Timewarp
Burn:Cycle
Inca
Deja Vu II: Lost in Las Vegas
Lost Eden
Shadowgate
Myst

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have 34 adventure games on my 3DO which I bought in 1994. It could play games amazing well for the time. Some adventure games like “Snow Job” only got released on it:

Alone in the Dark

Snow Job

Datilous Encounter

Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller

Dragonlore

D

To name a few.

Heart  Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

These are the ones I have

Playstation/PSX/PS1
Blazing Dragons
Broken Sword
Broken Sword 2
Discworld
Dracula: Resurrection
Dracula: Last Sanctuary
Dragon Riders of Pern
Echo Night
Gold and Glory: The Path to El Dorado
Myst
Riven

PS2
Echo Night Beyond
Myst III: Exile

XBox
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Dreamfall
Myst III: Exile
Myst IV: Revelation
Still Life
Syberia
Syberia 2

Some that I don’t have include
The X-Files for Playstation
Silverload for Playstation
Discworld II

Amerzone, Discworld Noir, and many of the Cryo games were released on Playstation in Europe or the UK, but not in the US.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top