• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Working on a list of classic adventures released in console

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Shadow of Memories released on PS2 and PSP.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-11-18

PM

Beavis and Butt-head in Virtual Stupidity

Released for the Playstation… ONLY in Japan!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

diego - 08 September 2013 05:03 AM
Dag - 08 September 2013 04:57 AM

Blazing Dragons is a game I discovered only a few years ago, and been wanting to play ever since. Was it only released on PS1? Has anyone here played it?

On Sega Saturn, too, but what ashame that there wasn’t a PC version. It seems pretty decent, and it has Terry Jones!

chrissie - 08 September 2013 08:33 AM

As diego said it was also released on SEGA Saturn - yes I have played it! At the time I only had a PS1 & PCs were out of my budget range so I hunted down as many Ags for it as I could, mainly from Ebay, but I picked up some used ones in what was at the time the Electronic Boutique store.

Blazing Dragons from what I can remember was a lot of fun, fairly easy & one of the few games I enjoyed the ‘arcade’ sequences in (I think there were quite a few!)

nomadsoul - 08 September 2013 11:05 AM

Blazing dragons was among the first Adv Games i played, was advertised heavily in all famous mags. Strong memorable characters and puzzles were really great.
Must play.

Thanks. Now I really have to play it! Turns out it’s even made by the same people who made the Duckman game Smile

Apparently, PS3’s are backwards compatible with PS1, but games are region locked. If I could find a PAL version of the game, it should run on my PS3. I gave the PS1 to my little sister many years ago, and I’m not sure it even works any more. Also, it seems using a PS emulator on the PC is legal, as long as you own a PS? Can anyone confirm this? I’ve bought a total of 4 Playstations in my life, 5 if I include the pre-order for the PS4, so I should be a qualified PS-owner, and I’d rather play it on PC than PS.

There was another really good looking cartoon adventure that I believe was released exclusively for the gameboy advanced. I don’t remember much about it, but I think the title had something to do with fish, and I think I remember seeing a screenshot from a sewer. Anyone have any clue what game I might be talking about?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2013-08-29

PM

Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom - NES

I used to own this - no idea what happened to the cartridge. I could kick myself!  Embarassed

“Drinking rum before 10 a.m. makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic!”

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

How about Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - it was released on PS2, PSP, Wii and is on the top 100 adventure game list:

Image Attachments

download_7.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-11-18

PM

As always, thanks you for your suggestions!

Now it’s turn for the Sega Saturn. These are the graphic advenures I’ve found for the system so far, some are only available in Japanese though

Angel Devoid: Face of the Enemy
Snatcher (Japanese only)
Dark Seed
Myst
Return to Zork
Policenauts (Japanese only)
D
Dark Seed 2
Discworld
Phantasmagoria (Japanese only)
Prisoner of Ice
Blazing Dragons
Enemy Zero
Discworld 2
Atlantis: The Lost Tales
Riven: The Sequel to Myst
Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster
Virus (Japanese only)
The Psychotron
Nemesis: The Wizardry Adventure
Dokoku Soshite (Japanese only)

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Psychic Detective - 3DO, Playstation

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Lost Eden - 3DO—a very rare but really good adventure game:

Image Attachments

aaaaa.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top