• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Neverending Nightmares

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Neverending Nightmares is a psychological horror adventure game that is currently in development that I noticed the other day that looks really cool to me. You can watch the trailer for the game HERE. It has a rather unique visual style.

The developer says that he plans to make it an adventure game. Although the thought of some stealth and action sequences have crossed his mind, he mentions in one of his videos how he felt the action sequences in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories detracted from the effectiveness of the experience and how the exploration that the majority of the rest of the game employed was what made it great and that is what he wants to focus on in his own game.

Interestingly enough, he is drawing from the experiences of his own real world mental illnesses as inspiration for the game’s themes.

Anyway, I just thought I would mention it in case anyone missed it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its strange and bothering all the same that all the good games with Serious and and with Story for adults, never get a good development or any publisher .

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t think it has been mentioned here in the forums, a kickstarter started for this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infinitap/neverending-nightmares

There is a demo to try, interesting stuff

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Thanks for bringing this up. I kind of forgot about this game after I posted about it and certainly didn’t know about the kickstarter. I’m downloading the demo to check it out now…

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2011-02-13

PM

24 hours left on the Kickstarter! As of now it’s only $14,000 away from it’s $99,000 goal!

I finally gave the demo a shot. The graphics look so much more crisp and detailed than the YouTube trailer. I was expecting compressed, resolution-dependent art, like most adventure games, but instead the graphics are more like vectors of some kind; it properly scales to fit an HD screen, for example. The also game feels so much more unique when played. And it’s actually creepy. I was expecting mild amusement at best. Anyway, I hope this gets made.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2013-08-07

PM

So those who’ve played the demo, it looks like a Neverending Migraine in the screenshot. I love donating to up-and-coming adventure games, but this animation seems really bizarre.

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2011-02-13

PM

It’s inspired by Edward Gorey and woodcuts, apparently. Sorry for your migraine troubles, but the game’s style never bothered me. It’s a very placid, slow burner of a game. Perhaps such a dense, detailed screenshot just doesn’t translate well to being scaled down? When it’s scaled up on my 1920x1200 screen it’s noticeably less dense in appearance. Detail is more evenly distributed. Would that help?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

This game is fully funded. I’m really happy that it is being made and especially happy for the developer who seems like a genuinely nice guy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top