• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielJdawg445seagulSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Point and Click T-shirt over at The Yetee

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2013-06-29

PM

Hey guys,

I’m not new to the site but I am a first time poster.
I have a T-shirt on sale over at http://www.theyetee.com for today only and I thought I would let my fellow adventure game fans know about it.
There is also a Grim fandango shirt up there today as well.
Sorry for the shameless plug but I hate missing out on stuff like this and I thought some of you might too.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Was it difficult acquiring the rights for using all the different characters?

Joined 2013-06-29

PM

Luckily its the T-shirt manufacture who deals with the rights issue which happens to be The Yetee. I’m just the designer so I wouldn’t know, sorry.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I can imagine a place like The Yetee just keep their fingers crossed that they won’t get sued Tongue

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Hoborobo - 29 June 2013 06:26 AM

Luckily its the T-shirt manufacture who deals with the rights issue which happens to be The Yetee. I’m just the designer so I wouldn’t know, sorry.

Actually they are pretty specific in their policies

Artist Agreement

The Yetee will have your shirt for sale on theyetee.com for up to 7 days. The Yetee will sell it for $11 (USD). The Yetee will only print as many shirts as The Yetee sells plus extra for spoilage. The Yetee will give you $1.50 (USD) for every shirt The Yetee sells. The Yetee will give you 1 free shirt your design that The Yetee is printing. The Yetee will give you 1 additional free shirt of that design for every 50 shirts you sell starting at 100 shirts sold (with a maximum total of 3 free shirts).The Yetee will pay you within 7 days of the end of the sale of your design. The Yetee will retain the right to use your design for promotional purposes (blog posts, videos etc) and in our previous tees gallery until the end of time.

You will not submit stolen art to The Yetee. Doing this will cause you great shame. You will not submit works that you do not own or control the rights to. The designs you submit are your original work and do not violate any law or infringe upon any intellectual property right, right of privacy or publicity or other proprietary right of any third party. Finally, The Yetee reserves the right to abort the sale of the design for any reason including copyright, printing at another site, being a tracer so on and so forth.

You will provide The Yetee with your design to scale and color separated as a 300dpi .PSD or .AI file with a maximum of 4 colors (plus shirt color).You will promote your design like it’s the rapture because every 50 shirts you sell, means you get a another free one to give away or keep (to a maximum of 3 free shirts). You will retain the rights to your design before and after the sale of your shirt. You will send The Yetee your best designs, before anyone else, because you love us and The Yetee will pay you well. The more you promote and support The Yetee, the more The Yetee will promote and support you.

As much as it looks like a great T-shirt and the art is good, it’s till copyright infringment.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I was going to post the same thing. Think about this again, Hoborobo. It might get you into trouble.

Joined 2013-06-29

PM

There are a lot of sites like Yetee, Teefury, Ript apparel etc that print artists original fan art. I am just one of thousands who do get printed as sites like these. Usually if the IP creator has a problem with the website it gets taken down immediately.
I am just a big fan of adventure games and wanted to create a design for other fans who would never see all these characters together(most of which are dead franchises now). I am sorry that this has bothered people here.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

I’d hardly call this a case of copyright infringement.

Great shirt, I bought one; though there are a few characters I don’t recognize. How about listing them all for us. Grin

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Well art is theft they say.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2013-06-29

PM

Thanks Toefur!!

Torni - Torins Passage
Boogle - Torins Passage
Commander Boston Low - The Dig
Robert Foster - Beneath a Steel Sky
Roger Wilco - Space Quest
Simon - Simon the sorcerer
Mona De Lafitte - A Vampyre Story
Klaymen - Neverhood
Goblin (not sure of name) - Gobliins
Guybrush - Monkey Island
Tony Tough - Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths
George Stobbart - Broken Sword
Ben - Full Throttle
Laverne - Day of the Tentacle
Larry Laffer - Leisure Suit Larry
Manny Calavera - Grim Fandango
Hector - Hector Files
Rincewind - Discworld
Robot (not sure of name) Machinarium
Bernard - Day of the tentacle
Hoagie - Day of the tentacle
Woodruff - woodruff and the schnibble of azimuth
Murray - Monkey Island
Max - Sam and Max
Sam - Sam and Max
Flux - Toonstruck
Mushroom - Botanicula
Onion -Botanicula

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Is that Joey behind Foster & Roger?

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2013-06-29

PM

SpeedBo - 30 June 2013 07:36 AM

Is that Joey behind Foster & Roger?

Oops, yep! That is Joey, Missed him off the list Confused

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2007-10-29

PM

Nice design Hoborobo, i like it! ordered both shirts!

Joined 2013-06-29

PM

Yuiop - 30 June 2013 09:47 AM

Nice design Hoborobo, i like it! ordered both shirts!

Thanks Yuiop! Glad you like it! Its very hard to get designs like this printed so thanks for supporting it Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top