• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Asylum

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Scratches was one of the better adventure games to released over the last few years so i’ve been waiting with baited breath for the next game.

Agustin has been drip feeding information on Asylum for a while now.

http://www.facethehorror.com/

Dare you enter the ASYLUM?

Too bad it’s 2013 release.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

for those of you that don’t know how the gameplay is gonna be like
and for those interested in the engine:
Dagon Sneak Peek

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

aww 2013? been waiting quite a while for this one.

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

I’m sure Asylum will be worth the wait. Scratches was awesome.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

This game is going to be amazing.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

jhetfield21 - 03 June 2012 01:10 PM

for those of you that don’t know how the gameplay is gonna be like
and for those interested in the engine:
Dagon Sneak Peek

I like how the engine is called Dagon. I have a feeling Asylum will be full of Lovecraft references and hopefully include some the lore.  Naughty

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i don’t know but Agustin is a huge Lovecraft fan so it’s possible.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Howdy sweethearts!

It’s true, things have been quiet in Senscape lately. As usual, we’re busting our souls improving and refining Asylum in every way we can. We’re close to finalizing the “shell” of the game; this means a very complete engine, final interface, and all graphics of the asylum ready. From this point on, things should go much faster because it’s pure game logic.

As jhetfield21 said somewhere else I think, Dagon will be available for FREE. I can’t stress enough just how simple (yet flexible) it is to make games with this engine. Several developers are already using it and more will be invited to test it soon.

Anyway, I trust you’ll love the final “look and feel” of Asylum. I hope you’re ready for some drastic changes too: for example, we’re completely abandoning the notion of save games. Yup, we’re determined to prove that gamers don’t need this feature anymore. You can also forget about an inventory screen. So, there you have it: two A-bombs in one single post.

If everything goes well, expect a BIG update during Gamescom in August. Please, pray to as many Elder Things as you can, especially Shub-Niggurath, to make this happen!

In the meantime I’m often posting quick and dirty updates on Twitter, if you want to be appraised of the very latest.

Ta da!

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2011-01-02

PM

Agustin - 04 June 2012 01:53 PM

Howdy sweethearts!

It’s true, things have been quiet in Senscape lately. As usual, we’re busting our souls improving and refining Asylum in every way we can. We’re close to finalizing the “shell” of the game; this means a very complete engine, final interface, and all graphics of the asylum ready. From this point on, things should go much faster because it’s pure game logic.

As jhetfield21 said somewhere else I think, Dagon will be available for FREE. I can’t stress enough just how simple (yet flexible) it is to make games with this engine. Several developers are already using it and more will be invited to test it soon.

Anyway, I trust you’ll love the final “look and feel” of Asylum. I hope you’re ready for some drastic changes too: for example, we’re completely abandoning the notion of save games. Yup, we’re determined to prove that gamers don’t need this feature anymore. You can also forget about an inventory screen. So, there you have it: two A-bombs in one single post.

If everything goes well, expect a BIG update during Gamescom in August. Please, pray to as many Elder Things as you can, especially Shub-Niggurath, to make this happen!

In the meantime I’m often posting quick and dirty updates on Twitter, if you want to be appraised of the very latest.

Ta da!

No manual save games is something that casual games have been doing for a while, and i think it works well with the game pretty much recording everything you do and everywhere you go so you never even lose a second of progress if the game crashes. But it might be worth putting in some sort of save game option though, incase there is a game-breaking bug, which causes all players to have to start their game again, something which does happen on some casual games!

does no inventory mean no inventory puzzles like myst, or auto solving puzzles like The Walking Dead, or lots of backtracking due to only being able to hold 1 or 2 items?

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

maybe it’s like COD MW3…..it doesn’t have save in the sense that you save,there are checkpoints/autosave and there is also the save’n'quit.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

I’m also a bit puzzled about the no inventory thing. Regardless I’m curious about any new info.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Let’s see…

Inventory: bear in mind I only said that you can forget about an “inventory screen”. Now this doesn’t necessarily mean there won’t be any inventory at all. Yes, you can use items, no, there won’t be backtracking, and no, the game won’t solve everything for you. Just don’t expect a “traditional” inventory.

Thing is, I want to keep the interface as accessible and simple as possible, while the game remains challenging and complex. So we came up with a very minimalistic approach. But don’t panic, no Myst clone here…

Save games: in truth, the inspiration came from the way iOS games work. And it’s pretty crazy for such a large adventure: it features instant quit and instant resume. And when I say instant, I mean I-N-S-T-A-N-T.

Still plenty of things to figure out though. We’re toying with the idea of checkpoints/bookmarks, but a typical menu screen with save slots, no. That’s sooo 80’s Tongue

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Agustin - 05 June 2012 01:01 PM

Let’s see…
Save games: in truth, the inspiration came from the way iOS games work. And it’s pretty crazy for such a large adventure: it features instant quit and instant resume. And when I say instant, I mean I-N-S-T-A-N-T.

Still plenty of things to figure out though. We’re toying with the idea of checkpoints/bookmarks, but a typical menu screen with save slots, no. That’s sooo 80’s Tongue

close enough

Agustin you should stop dropping info man Pan  ......i’m really pushing my limits here to be patient about this Sealed Lips the zipper is soon gonna let the drool out Tongue.

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Agustin - 05 June 2012 01:01 PM

We’re toying with the idea of checkpoints/bookmarks, but a typical menu screen with save slots, no. That’s sooo 80’s :P

PLEASE do bookmarks or something. I have all the saves from the last 500 or so games I’ve played because I like to revisit specific scenes or puzzles in them without having to replay the whole game.

It will be really tedious if I have to manually backup your autosaves every hour or so to create my own loading points to do this.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Bastich - 05 June 2012 10:43 PM

PLEASE do bookmarks or something. I have all the saves from the last 500 or so games I’ve played because I like to revisit specific scenes or puzzles in them without having to replay the whole game.

That’s what the YouTube is for, imo.  Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

TimovieMan - 06 June 2012 06:59 AM

That’s what the YouTube is for, imo.  Wink

I’m a gamer, not a spectator. There is no satisfaction to be had from watching someone else solve a puzzle when I can do so myself, using my own brain. If I wanted passive entertainment, I’d watch TV.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top