• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleGabeJdawg445KeybordzNico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Vampyre Story: Year One - Kickstarter Launched

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

I did not enjoy the first Vampyre story and the subject is tired.  Additionally, there are already plenty of quality adventure games coming out every year… I simply have no desire to fund adventure games.  The one exception was Tex Murphy, because of how long it has been, how much I enjoyed the, the nicheness of FMV, and the costs of fmv…

Kickstarter for old school rpgs that aren’t made anymore is something I understand.  More adventure games?  I don’t see a reason.

TLJ was amazing, but Dreamfall was terrible… so I had no reason to back a sequel to that.  Double Fine is all on name of a guy that hasn’t made anything good(imo) in a decade…

It doesn’t surprise me that this won’t get funded.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

AdorableMogwai - 30 June 2013 07:03 PM

Does anyone else think it’s kind of mean that they changed the voice of Mona though? I imagine that probably hurt her feelings when they told her “Hey, we’re making a sequel but we don’t want you to play Mona anymore because some people on the internet think your voice is annoying.” Imagine how she felt.

There can be many reasons for changing a voice actor, i seriously doubt it was done because anyone found her voice annoying.

Also it wasn’t even clear if they were actually going to switch voice actor or not, all we know is that another was used in the pitch video, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they were going to use the voice from the pitch in the game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The old Mona was the best thing about AVS. Yes, even better than the background graphics. She was the only reason I got through the game, listening to her one-liners and responses. Without them I would have given up (and did, at least once) early in the game.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Iznogood - 01 July 2013 06:54 AM
AdorableMogwai - 30 June 2013 07:03 PM

Does anyone else think it’s kind of mean that they changed the voice of Mona though? I imagine that probably hurt her feelings when they told her “Hey, we’re making a sequel but we don’t want you to play Mona anymore because some people on the internet think your voice is annoying.” Imagine how she felt.

There can be many reasons for changing a voice actor, i seriously doubt it was done because anyone found her voice annoying.

Also it wasn’t even clear if they were actually going to switch voice actor or not, all we know is that another was used in the pitch video, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they were going to use the voice from the pitch in the game.

It’s mentioned in the FAQ

Did you change Mona’s voice?

Yes. She is now - and in the game will be - played by Mary Nitschke, a wonderful actress and the wife of Jeremy Koerner, who plays Froderick. We did this for a few reasons. Mary and Jeremy have great chemistry when performing together, Mary is very easy to work with, and gives a great performance.They are very easy to direct and easy to coordinate with. Rebecca Schwartz is great and did a great job on A Vampyre Story and I like her a lot. But many, many players and critics felt the pitch of her voice was too high and was tough to enjoy. It didn’t bother me but it did bother quite a few members of the team. So we felt it best to make the change and Mary was the logical choice, and we have been very happy with her. But I’d love to work with Rebecca again on the game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Oscar - 01 July 2013 07:11 AM

The old Mona was the best thing about AVS. Yes, even better than the background graphics. She was the only reason I got through the game, listening to her one-liners and responses. Without them I would have given up (and did, at least once) early in the game.

I didn’t mind her voice, she also did some of the secondary characters showing that she has range.

She’s been used a fair bit in other games in cluding Back to the Future and The Walking Dead.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve played a few of her games, e.g. Emerald City Confidential, without realizing she was the lead voice actor. I never found her voicing of Mona objectioable.

I do find cutting her loose because of negative feedback objectionable. Shouldn’t it be the Director who created the voice of Mona, or at least created the tone he wanted the actor to convey, be held responsible?

Oh…yeah! That would be the game’s creator! Don’t think he’s going anywhere.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Lucien21 - 01 July 2013 07:21 AM

It’s mentioned in the FAQ

Ah - I stand corrected.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top