• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

skeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG places that inspired you to visit them in real life

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I have plans to visit Rennes le chateau(GK3), there were other places like Parisian cafe or Ireland castles from BrokenSword , but the unique intriguing and mysterious
aspects of Chateau inspires me more at the same time creeps me out.

Check the following video though there are plenty on youtube, this video fits the bill,
Beautiful, yet spooky

Has anyone went there??

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I’ve been to Bannockburn (in fact we are currently building a new visitor centre there for the anniversary of the battle), but I don’t think the location in Broken Sword is actually there.

Would love to go to Rennes.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

For the longest time, I really wanted to visit New Orleans. But with the post-Katrina decline, urban blight, and (I am told) insane commercialization of the French Quarter, my eagerness has cooled off.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

I’d LOVE to visit Cornwall, because of the Lost Crown.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I woulda loved to visit the Caribbean.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dag - 19 May 2013 05:45 AM

I woulda loved to visit the Caribbean.

me too!!  but i thought of the sphinx as it would cost me only 10 bucks cab ride

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Advie - 19 May 2013 05:06 AM

the Sphinx

Game?

(you needed an adventure game to inspire you to visit the largest, most majestic stone lion-birdwoman in the world?) Grin

(That you lived down the street from)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Atlantis. I may be visiting it this summer. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Trans-Siberian Railway

The Trans-Siberian Railway is the theme for the Trans-Siberian Railway Panorama and 1900 Trans-Siberian Railway Fabergé egg.
In the Syberia Kate Walkler travels by train through Russia/Siberia - a clear reference to the Trans-Siberian Railway.
The Corto Maltese comic Corte sconta detta arcana/Corto Maltese en Sibérie has the Trans-Siberian Railway as part of the story that takes place in the Russian Revolutionary period of the 20th century.
The cult film Horror Express starring Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Telly Savalas is set aboard the railway.
In the play Fiddler on the Roof and the film version, Tevye’s daughter, Hodel, takes the Trans-Siberian Railway to Siberia after her fiancé is exiled there.
A small number of German Jews and anti-Nazis used the Trans-Siberian to escape Europe after the start of World War II (while the Molotov Pact was in force), including the mathematician Kurt Gödel and the mother of the actor Heinz Bernard
The 2008 thriller Transsiberian takes place on the railway.
The 2012 Television show An Idiot Abroad features Karl Pilkington travelling the length of the railway.
Henry Rollins has talked of his trip on the Trans-Siberian Express during his speaking engagements.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zifnab - 19 May 2013 07:11 AM
Advie - 19 May 2013 05:06 AM

the Sphinx

Game?

(you needed an adventure game to inspire you to visit the largest, most majestic stone lion-birdwoman in the world?) Grin

(That you lived down the street from)

yeah it looks more much alive and colorful at games Wink

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

A cruise: LSL7

It’s kind of a visit.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Not an adventure game, but I’ve had a strong desire to visit Florence and Venice after playing through Assassin’s Creed 2.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Sweden in the Carol Reed games. I have been to Stockholm before playing the games but not Norrköping but I really want to go there now.

Machu Picchu in Riddle of Master Lu.

Himalayas in Journeyman Project 3.

[s]Insane asylum in Sanitarium.[/s]

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I love art museums and would love to visit the Louvre as I did in The Messenger.  I promise not to blow up Paris. Wink

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Marcuria in The Longest Journey!

I haven’t quite figured out how to get there yet, but if Brian Westwood could, so can i.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top